Rask: What if.......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Re: Rask: What if.......

In response to kelvana33's comment:

If someone offers him 7 million. Take the picks.

I'd draw the line in the sand somewhere near,just above 6 million.

I agree   I think we will survive

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

[QUOTE]

JM? There's certain players that I loathe for specific reasons. Brizz is one, Lapuke is another. I take being a Bruins fan with pride & I expect the team to take pride in the type of players that get to wear the Jersey.  If they're going to sellout by bringing in garbage then I wouldn't waste my time anymore. 

Fair enough...I can respect this.

Out of curiosity, what do you think PC would do if he had to let Rask go via an offersheet? Who would he bring in?

[/QUOTE]
    I'd pickup Emery on a 1 yr deal with Svenberg . If neither can do the job then PC would have to look at his options then. I'd much rather take a chance on Emery then bring in a Brizz. Mr. Universe can go work in Jupiter, or out of the Milky way galaxy for all I care. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Without looking how many teams a number 1 goalie.  Of those teams how many have the cap space.  Of those teams who is their number one they have to buy out.  Of those teams how realistic is this.  Rask is an rfa.  He is not worth 7 million a year.  He has had two good seasons.  For those ie Dez who say you dont pay a guy for one or two yrs how can you justify paying a guy with 2 full seasons.  Both very good regular seasons.  1 terrible 3-0 choke job.  1 unreal playoff run.  

If any team offers Rask 7 million.  Politely take the picks.  goalies are the biggest risk in hockey.  Good one year terrible the next.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Bryzgalov....  Emery....

if that's the best available, PC has to give Tuukka a blank check....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

Bryzgalov....  Emery....

You forgot about Khudo (you're welcome stanley)....lol

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Bryzgalov....  Emery....

Whos to say rak isnt the next bryz.  I dont wanna mortage the team on a 7 million goalie with 2 yrs.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

Bryzgalov....  Emery....

You forgot about Khudo (you're welcome stanley)....lol

[/QUOTE]

Id go khudo emery no problem.  St louis has halak available.  Lots of options. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to kitchener's comment:

[QUOTE]

More than 6.5 take the picks,hey can always bring back Timmy,LOL

ew. 

[/QUOTE]

TT did win us a Cup.

[/QUOTE]

no. he didn't. he was part of a team that won the stanley cup. I think his performance in the playoff were wildly overblown. He was good. He didn't win them the cup. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

[QUOTE]

Bryzgalov....  Emery....

Whos to say rak isnt the next bryz.  I dont wanna mortage the team on a 7 million goalie with 2 yrs.  

[/QUOTE]

Tuukka probably won't get near 7 mil. per but i'm sure he'll get at least what Smith just signed for, nearly six million....

we're talking about a guy who just held the juggernaut Penguins to two goals in a four-game sweep....

imo, Tuukka's become just as important as any other B'S player and need to lock him up for a long stretch....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

TT did win us a Cup.

no. he didn't. he was part of a team that won the stanley cup. I think his performance in the playoff were wildly overblown. He was good. He didn't win them the cup. 

He was the greatest contributor to that Cup win... believe what you want but he has the hardware and stats to prove it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

I think everyone drastically overestimates what Rask will get. It won't be 7.5. He has never played a full NHL season. He had a great run, and proved that he can win in the playoffs. I don't see a team willing to take the gamble on Rask (the gamble being locking up a goalie long term for huge money) AND give up the picks. That means the bruins have the leverage. What team would give up 3 picks and that kind of cap space in this season of all seasons. I can't see it happening. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Bryzgalov....  Emery....

Tuukka probably won't get near 7 mil. per but i'm sure he'll get at least what Smith just signed for, nearly six million....

we're talking about a guy who just held the juggernaut Penguins to two goals in a four-game sweep....

imo, Tuukka's become just as important as any other B'S player and need to lock him up for a long stretch....

Id be happy with that deal. 

yeah he held pitt off.  He also choked a 3-0 lead.  We have a 2 yr sample size.  Hes not worth 7.  I  dont wanna pay him 6.  I realize we likely will.  I think both tt and rask are /were in a great system.  I think they are elite keepers in a great system.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

TT did win us a Cup.

He was the greatest contributor to that Cup win... believe what you want but he has the hardware and stats to prove it.

[/QUOTE]

Sure and Subban is the best defenseman in the world because he has a trophy to prove it right? They won a vote. That is all that means to me.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

TT did win us a Cup.

[/QUOTE]

oh the hardware argument. Couldn't care less about that. He played great at times, he played poorly at times. Luckily, he played great when it really counted. The first roudn in game 7, the philly series he was pretty good in, the tampa series he was great in game 7, average or bad in the rest of the games, and he was very good in the cup finals, but remind me, when did the bruins win a 2-1 nailbiter in the finals. They won most of the games in the finals by a wide margin. In my book, Chara was way more important in my book. Maybe Krejci. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

TT did win us a Cup.

[/QUOTE]

Sure and Subban is the best defenseman in the world because he has a trophy to prove it right? They won a vote. That is all that means to me.

[/QUOTE]

Are you going to argue with Mark Recchi?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Flames have no NHL goalie at all and a fair amount of cap space.

Maybe they tender an offersheet?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Yup. They are also one of the worst teams in the league.  I would love their picks.  Bring it on.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

Yup. They are also one of the worst teams in the league.  I would love their picks.  Bring it on.  

[/QUOTE]

bingo. it would be really hard for the flames to justify giving up those high picks. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

And Feaster is crazy enough to do it too.

Perfect storm?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In my book, Chara was way more important in my book. Maybe Krejci. 

Your book is missing a few pages... you left out TT's stats which were record-breaking!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I dont mind going 5-5.5 on rask next year.  Raise it in yrs to follow.  I wouldnt go 6.  He hasnt earned a mega deal and is an rfa.  Most teams have their goalies.  Philly cant offer 7.  I think bruins hold all the cards in this.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

In my book, Chara was way more important in my book. Maybe Krejci. 

Your book is missing a few pages... you left out TT's stats which were record-breaking!

[/QUOTE]

and apparently reading comprehension wasn't your strong suit. how about the finals when he was putting up those great stats....his team was busy putting up 8 goals. Thomas didn't win games 3,4,6,7. The team did. He helped, but I give far more credit to the team that put up 21 goals in the 4 games that the bruins won in that series. and no, that wasn't a typo. 5.25 goals per game in the wins. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Rask is probably going to get a 7yr/7per. Anymore than that let him walk. I'd prefer they sign him for 6/6. He's at least worth Price money, but I do think he's certainly moved way ahead of Price also. So, I wouldn't whine about a 7/7 type deal. Let Svenberg be Khudo for a yr or 2 then you give Subban a few yrs to develope. If the timing is right & 7/7  is the going rate for elites then you can have a decent look at whether Subban is the real deal. IF he is then you can look at moving Rask & give Subban the job. Then Rask money can be used for more pressing needs. But I think you need to lock up the best goalie available to you at the present time. That is Rask at this moment. 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

and apparently reading comprehension wasn't your strong suit. how about the finals when he was putting up those great stats....his team was busy putting up 8 goals. Thomas didn't win games 3,4,6,7. The team did. He helped, but I give far more credit to the team that put up 21 goals in the 4 games that the bruins won in that series. and no, that wasn't a typo. 5.25 goals per game in the wins. 

The number of goals Boston put up in no way affects their goalie's SAVE% and GAA!

Credit has to be given to someone for making the greatest contribution... the experts have chosen TT, not me. But his play made that choice pretty easy. And I love Chara and Krejci but I don't think they were close.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Rask is probably going to get a 7yr/7per. Anymore than that let him walk. I'd prefer they sign him for 6/6. He's at least worth Price money, but I do think he's certainly moved way ahead of Price also. So, I wouldn't whine about a 7/7 type deal. Let Svenberg be Khudo for a yr or 2 then you give Subban a few yrs to develope. If the timing is right & 7/7  is the going rate for elites then you can have a decent look at whether Subban is the real deal. IF he is then you can look at moving Rask & give Subban the job. Then Rask money can be used for more pressing needs. But I think you need to lock up the best goalie available to you at the present time. That is Rask at this moment. 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

Im sure van philly and nashville thought the same at the time.  Ask them now.