Rask

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Re: Rask

In Response to Re: Rask:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rask : The defence? The whole team put in their worst effort of the season since game 1. The B's have played probably a total of 60 min of good hockey in the last 240 min! They're not working hard enough! The B's fastest skaters on the team are. Paille, Hunwick & Seguin. Were out skated by what some1 on here argued last night & said they had no speed! They got outworked, out skated & out coached tonight! I hope Rask gets a good lawyer! It's not CJ that's ruining this kids confidence, it's the players!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

Maybe playing two games in less than 24 hrs might have been a proble? No!  Rask should have been the one that would be fresh and maybe a few stops would have helped as well.. If you think he had a good game , we werent watching the same game.. long slappers from the point with no screens is usually not good.. tripping over your pads when Gionta is sending one over your head is also not good.. and fumbling a very makeable save on Gomez's shot and putting it in the net is also not good from my viewpoint..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rask : Maybe playing two games in less than 24 hrs might have been a proble? No!  Rask should have been the one that would be fresh and maybe a few stops would have helped as well.. If you think he had a good game , we werent watching the same game.. long slappers from the point with no screens is usually not good.. tripping over your pads when Gionta is sending one over your head is also not good.. and fumbling a very makeable save on Gomez's shot and putting it in the net is also not good from my viewpoint..
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]
    38 saves  and the Bruins only scored one so the loss can't be blamed on Rask.You're entitled to your opinion but I disagree.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rask : Maybe playing two games in less than 24 hrs might have been a proble? No!  Rask should have been the one that would be fresh and maybe a few stops would have helped as well.. If you think he had a good game , we werent watching the same game.. long slappers from the point with no screens is usually not good.. tripping over your pads when Gionta is sending one over your head is also not good.. and fumbling a very makeable save on Gomez's shot and putting it in the net is also not good from my viewpoint..
    That's a cop out excuse! St.Louis played a stinker last nite & they returned home & played well enough to get a point. Every team has to play back 2 back's! It's easy to put the blame on the goalie, that's another excuse. Rask allowed that one oops, but made up for it The 2nd goal was batted out of the air by Gionta. The 3rd- Rask made a save & Gomaz out muscled his way into position & rang it off the bar, hit Rask in the back & trickled in.That's not a goalie problem. That's a team problem. The Scabs D didn't allow those things to happen to Price. The B's showed what they could do against the canadiens on their goal. They didn't substain that enough. Do the goalie's have to be 100% spectacular every night? Never happened in history & never will.The team has never put forth a great effort for Rask yet this season.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Im not blaming Rask for THIS game (although 2 of the goals he could have had).  Im just saying it like it is really.  Im not making up stats, Im not even putting forth an opinion other than saying Ive never seen anything in him.  He played 45 games last year and went 22-17 (22-12-5 technically) and those arent great numbers.  He doesnt have amazing stats anywhere to show me he is the NEXT big thing. His best numbers are with the PB's in 07/08 when he went 27-13-2 and have a 2.33gaa and a .905sv%.  And if you look at his playoffs stats, they are pretty bad except with the 2009 PB's.  I just dont see it.
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]
    Look, I agree with you on some of this. i said all summer long I didn't want TT going anywhere until I saw more from Rask. The kid hasn't been bad. He hasn't had a decent team play for him. The St.Louis game was their best they did for him & that wasn't the B's best game either. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Is that really 8 losses in a row now for Rask ?

Ouch.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from beesbear. Show beesbear's posts

Rask is not the man right now, not sure if I like when he says it doesn't matter as long as TT wins all of his games?? His thinking is not in the right place.
     GO BRUINS GO.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Outside of the first goal (Subban) I think it's hard to fault him...Gionta was all by himself and received a great pass from Cammalleri, and the Gomez goal was another defensive lapse that hit the crossbar and then went in of the carom via Tukka's back.

I don't think he had a bad night....not dynamic or outstanding, but not bad. It reminds me of what happened to Price last year in many games; the team in front of him wasn't as good as it was in front of Halak, and mistakes were punished more harshly. Carey a lot of the time wasn't poor, but he wasn't great either, and in games like that (when your team is lagging) if you're not great you don't win.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Rask fought the puck all night. He took 2 or 3 off the noggin. He was not sharp and his rebound control was not there. Not the reason the B's lost however. Rask had to have the first goal to give the B's a chance.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bailey77. Show bailey77's posts

that wasn't the best of efforts on the B's part - but there are a few factors

they played the night before and arrived back in boston late
    they are missing two of the their top pivots on the power play in savard and krejci, boychuk is out and they need him on the point 
    rask does need to be a bit sharper

montreal is injury free, but the will get their taste of the IR

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Tuuka has played very well and had some bad bounces. Should have had Subban's shot but one other went off his back, and McQuaid forgot Gionta. Price stopped some good shots, but the flow was lousy with Paille on the ice where he never controlled the puck, and Wheels still cannot finish. Habs were shooting high because they might have faced Timmy, and Rask's stand-up style stopped most shots. BigVig did you consider Rask's GAA and save % last year?? He was top's in the league. Rumor is that Satan is signing with some NHL team. He could replace Paille easily, and also Ryder, so stay tuned.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bailey77. Show bailey77's posts

a few bad games and your bashing Rask?  every goal tender in the history of the game goes through a period of bad breaks.  this is a stupid post by hty239 very stupid

he will get his game back and you'll wonder why you wrote such an idiotic post

why is rask great? you answered it in your own post - his positioning, his quickness and his rock solid technique, he's as cool as the ice he skates on and does not lose his composure

ignored

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]Plain and simple...no other stat needed...a big fat 0 in the win column...would someone (intelligently) tell me why Rask is supposed to be the next great goalie????????????..
    Posted by hty239[/QUOTE]

No other stat needed? The Bruins scored him ONE GOAL last night. How many times does a goalie win when his team gets ONE GOAL against the opposition?

It's just plain silly to judge how well a goalie plays based solely on the W-L stat. If your team a) doesn't score many goals in a game and b) gets skated into oblivion by the opposition, allowing 40+ shots, chances are that the goaltender is not #1 on the list as to why the team was defeated. Rask wasn't "great" last night, especially on the opening (Subban) goal. But he was solid enough the rest of the way.

I'm not on the "Rask is a God" bandwagon at all. I said last year that elevating him to superstar status based on a single good year was pre-mature. He's certainly got potential to be a consistently great goalie; that's been on display quite a bit. At the same time, he doesn't stink, either. Some of you Bruins fans are as bad as we Habs fans are in the "we love you today, we hate you tomorrow" mentality we take toward our players, especially the guys in goal. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

1st goal Rask should have had...Second goal PP, Caron was late getting to his guy. 3rd goal was total defence mistakes. Not Rask's fault. Should have cleaned up the front of Rask. All in all, not a great nite for the boys, but we know we can be better. Go B's Go !!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rask : Outside of the first goal (Subban) I think it's hard to fault him...Gionta was all by himself and received a great pass from Cammalleri, and the Gomez goal was another defensive lapse that hit the crossbar and then went in of the carom via Tukka's back. I don't think he had a bad night....not dynamic or outstanding, but not bad. It reminds me of what happened to Price last year in many games; the team in front of him wasn't as good as it was in front of Halak, and mistakes were punished more harshly. Carey a lot of the time wasn't poor, but he wasn't great either, and in games like that (when your team is lagging) if you're not great you don't win.
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]

When was the last time Rask was outstanding and dynamic?..I can't remember..you probably have to go back to the Sabres series last year's playoffs... Trust me , if Thomas had been in net last night and gave up three stinkers, this board would have no shortage of critics (aka TT haters)..I like Rask but you have a goalie who is unbeaten and for the life of me so early in the season I dont get why you can't play him back to back, especially against a division rival Again, its Julien at his best..He has never handled the rotation well to my liking..Thomas right now gives this team the best chance to win. So you play him until he loses...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

The time to worry about Rask is when the team in front of him starts playing and scoring goals for him and they still lose.

The team in front of him, so far this year, is doing its best imitation of the Toronto Maple Leafs, when he's in net.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]The time to worry about Rask is when the team in front of him starts playing and scoring goals for him and they still lose. The team in front of him, so far this year, is doing its best imitation of the Toronto Maple Leafs, when he's in net.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

You mean like last years playoffs? couldn't resist!! .. same thing happened to Thomas last year to start the season..The guy was pitching shutouts and still losing in SO..team scored bupkus for him.. He needs to steal a game for the B's plain and simple and I cant remember when that happened..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Yep Rask hasn't really been the steal-the-game type that Halak and Thomas have been this year. That fist goal couldve been stopped. But nobody on the Bruins really showed up except for Chara anyways so tough game for rask. 0-8 streak is getting in his head I think.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

LOL at "Rask has no passion." I mean seriously. And judging a goalie on his won-lost record is like judging a pitcher by the same criteria; it's ridiculous.

Rask made some outstanding saves last night (I was at the game, and our seats are in the end where the opposition shoots twice). Two fluke goals (Gionta hit the first out of mid-air; the second was an insane bounce) that a goalie could only stop if he was lucky, not good. He probably should have had the first (though that was an absolute rocket by Subban), but that was negated by Chara's goal.

And I have no preference as to which goalie plays (nor should any Bruins fan - real fans want both goalies to play well), but there's no way Thomas starts that game, not after facing 40+ shots the night before.

Rask will get on a roll sometime this season - of that I have no doubt. He's a damn good goaltender.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rask : . Trust me , if Thomas had been in net last night and gave up three stinkers, this board would have no shortage of critics (aka TT haters)..

Couldn't agree more with this statement....Thomas gets grilled when he loses a game regardless of how well he plays. And I never understand that, either...the slings and arrows that guy took here last year (in a year coming off the Vezina) blows my mind. Sure, his contract is lousy cap-wise, but there were posts that made it seem he'd be playing above his head if he showed up for midnight shinny at Hockeytown in Saugus! Other posts questioned his heart and made it seem like he didn't give a darn, which (if you know Thomas and the dues he's paid to be in the NHL at all) is ridiculous. I agree...he may have given the B's the best chance to win last night, but at the same time, coming off a road game 24 hours before (in which he did play 60 mins and allow 4) it's not surprising that Rask was the scheduled starter. And who in retrospect would seem the more dangerous opponent regardless of record: Pittsburgh or Montreal? I can see Julien's line of thinking there.

I think Rask wore down last year after playing more games than he probably ever has in a season. This year, he hasn't been spectacular but he's sitting at a .923, which is quite good. The 2.75 GAA (high) tells you how many shots he's faced and also somewhat implies as to how the B's have played in front of him while he has been in net. I think the reality is that he's been a product of the team's play in many of his 5 defeats (counting the SO) more than the cause of them.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukin. Show lukin's posts

To say Rask was not impressive last year is crazy.  Playing behind the worst offense in the league he was 22-12-5.  10 of his 45 starts he allowed 1 goal, plus 5 shut outs.  That's pretty impressive.  A mediocre offense would likely have yielded 5 more wins.  On top of that he had a sub 2.00 GAA.  As a rookie.  

Granted his play in the playoffs was not his best, but give the kid a break.  He is an elite talent, and should blossom into a true #1.  I agree with Kennedy97 in that his performance in the playoffs was likely due to fatigue and inexperience. 

As for this year, he has not been as sharp, no doubt.  But his save pct. at .923 places him tied for 11th with Carey Price, .001 from 10th.  Not bad at all for a  guy who is winless, and not playing to his talent.  

Simple answer is that he needs to play consistently.  The B's need to make a decision soon if they are better off riding Thomas as long as they can and potentially hurting the development of their future #1, or start Rask on a consistent basis.   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I also feel the team seems more confident playing in front of TT. Plenty of time to rest TT as the season progresses, he should have played last night.  Always play your hot goalie vs. your #1 nemesis. Hate losing to them.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

yup that first goal has to be stopped...lets face it   bruins had avarage goaling at best last night and habs had excellent goaling ...bruins played very well but again mr. raycroft..i mean mr. rask cant make the big saves...im really pulling for him but every game he looks damm scary ..not just the ones he leaves in but on some of the saveshe looks goofy....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"mr. raycroft..i mean mr. rask cant make the big saves"

Yah what I watched against the Sabres last year in the playoffs must have been my imagination. Raycroft would have crumbled in the playoffs last year. The Bruins have not possessed the puck in any of Tuukka's games at all. I have to admit reading these "kick the dog" when he's down is pretty funny though.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

Tuukka is definitely not ready to be the starter. I'm amazed at how many people thought he was ready to take the reins as a sophmore and so no need for Thomas. While Rask is no Blaine Lacher he is still young and inexperienced. This may be actually good for him. So long as TT is his old self there is no need to rush Rask into the pressure of carrying the team. He'll find his game and have his ups and downs like all youngsters and then finally mature into a solid goalie. Please! No more "Tuukka is ready, lets get rid of Thomas" delusions.

Sections
Shortcuts