Rask

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

Re: Rask

Alot of players suffer the so-called sophmore jinx lets hope thats all this is,that said the Canadians were definately head hunting trying to make him go down early.Lets hope there isn't a book on him going down to early,remember Hannu Toivinen.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Sophomore jinx? The guy isn't playing badly. He plays against Pittsburgh, it's an easy win, and we're all talking about how great he was. Please, let's stop with the panic, OK?

And nobody -- nobody -- in hockey today is a "savior."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In Response to Re: Rask:
    [QUOTE]Sophomore jinx? The guy isn't playing badly. He plays against Pittsburgh, it's an easy win, and we're all talking about how great he was. Please, let's stop with the panic, OK? And nobody -- nobody -- in hockey today is a "savior."
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

I disagree whole heartedly!! Brian Burke  has become the Bruins  "saviour"

I thought Crosby did a pretty good job in Pittsburgh who was floundering not so long ago..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rask : I disagree whole heartedly!! Brian Burke  has become the Bruins  "saviour" I thought Crosby did a pretty good job in Pittsburgh who was floundering not so long ago..
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]
    Yet Malkin won the Conn Smythe so what's your point?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]When give up 40 or more shots a game, the goalie is not the problem.   End of debate.  We need to work on D.
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]
    Absolutely right.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

the ice was wicked tilted in the third.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]the ice was wicked tilted in the third.
    Posted by 86redsox[/QUOTE]
    Sure seemed that way.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

Bruins legs quit in the third, perhaps because of playing consecutive nights but they should be in better shape. They always seem to have a letdown on the first game back from a road trip. Rask has been unfortunate to play the games they aren't skating 100 pct but he has to make that stop on the first Habs goal. So far this year he's not playing poorly but he's not making any gamesavers or stealing any wins like Thomas certainly has.

I noticed all the TT hate has died down for now so even they recognize Rask has slipped a little. Even if he has a sophmore jinx he will still become elite...with time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

[QUOTE]Again, Rask hasnt done anything at any level.  He had good numbers through 45 games last year, but he was 22 & 17 too, which isnt exactly great.  I dont care if you let in only 1 goal a game, if youre losing youre losing.  When he went in in the third of the Caps game, the Bruins scored 3 goals to tie it.  Tuukka let one in 3 minutes later.  Thats NOT acceptable.  He RARELY steals a game, and thats what bothers me.  That and the fact that his 45 games last year where he went 22-17 really isnt an accomplishment of any sort.
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]

Wait a minute, his GAA was 1.97 with a .931 save % last season. I'd say he's done something, in fact, a good deal more than something. True, he's 0-4 this year but aside from the first game of the season he's played pretty well. Thomas has been outstanding and should get most of the starts but Tuukka Raska is an outstanding talent in the net. Oh, and he stole any number of games last year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rask : Wait a minute, his GAA was 1.97 with a .931 save % last season. I'd say he's done something, in fact, a good deal more than something. True, he's 0-4 this year but aside from the first game of the season he's played pretty well. Thomas has been outstanding and should get most of the starts but Tuukka Raska is an outstanding talent in the net. Oh, and he stole any number of games last year.
    Posted by Shadowcpt[/QUOTE]
    You are right.Rask stole a number of games last year and was the biggest reason the Bruins were able to make the playoffs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Rask has a .927 Save % vs. the Habs and lost the previous game against the Blues in a shootout. Another stupid post.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

that wasn't the best of efforts on the B's part - but there are a few factors

they played the night before and arrived back in boston late
    they are missing two of the their top pivots on the power play in savard and krejci, boychuk is out and they need him on the point 
    rask does need to be a bit sharper

montreal is injury free, but the will get their taste of the IR

Excuses, excuses, excuses! back 2 back are not a reason to play like dog dung! Every team has to do it & every team goes thru arriving late! St. Louis didn't use excuses. They went out & played a solid game & without 2 of their top forwards & walked away with a point.
    So, while the team figures out how to get their head out of their behinds..Rask has to be 100% perfect in his play & if he doesn't he's a DUD! Is that how it works?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Bruins legs quit in the third, perhaps because of playing consecutive nights but they should be in better shape. They always seem to have a letdown on the first game back from a road trip. Rask has been unfortunate to play the games they aren't skating 100 pct but he has to make that stop on the first Habs goal. So far this year he's not playing poorly but he's not making any gamesavers or stealing any wins like Thomas certainly has.

I noticed all the TT hate has died down for now so even they recognize Rask has slipped a little. Even if he has a sophmore jinx he will still become elite...with time.

Excuses, excuses!

The save he made off of Backes was game saver! The saves he made in his first game against the Yotes in the first period were all game savers, the saves he made against Del Sotto, Avery & Callahan in NY were all game savers! The saves against Darche, Gomez, Cammellari & Hamerlic last nite were game savers. Game savers aren't only saves that are made when you win as goalie. Game savers are saves that are made when the team is up a goal, down a goal or 2, or a tied game. They're saves that give your team an opportunity to win! Rask has given the Bruins ample of opportunity to win in ever game he's played! The Bruins haven't given him any opportunities to win! Where's the Bruins game savers for Rask?

No, the TT hate hasn't died down either. They were on him in the Pitts game where TT made at least 4 game savers in the 1st period. So, both sides are blasting the one they like the least! They're licking their chomps & frothing at the mouth waiting impatiently for the other to make a mistake, so they can come on here & bash the postition that the B's are strongest! They seem more content on complaining about EVERRRRRRRRY questionable goal that's scored against them, so they can deam themselves which one has more knowledge about the position. Based on the arguments there's very FEW of us, that have a clue about it at all!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Wait a minute, his GAA was 1.97 with a .931 save % last season. I'd say he's done something, in fact, a good deal more than something. True, he's 0-4 this year but aside from the first game of the season he's played pretty well. Thomas has been outstanding and should get most of the starts but Tuukka Raska is an outstanding talent in the net. Oh, and he stole any number of games last year.

Regardless of what Rask did last year is irrelevant to this season! He may not be playing lights out, but let's see the favors the team has done for the poor guy.
    The Bruins scored 2 against the Yotes, 2 against the Rangers, 3 against Wash, 1 against St.Lou & 1 against the Scabs? With the exception of the Yotes game he kept them in EVERY game. No1 would've helped in net in that aborted mess of game 1!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]that wasn't the best of efforts on the B's part - but there are a few factors they played the night before and arrived back in boston late they are missing two of the their top pivots on the power play in savard and krejci, boychuk is out and they need him on the point  rask does need to be a bit sharper montreal is injury free, but the will get their taste of the IR Excuses, excuses, excuses! back 2 back are not a reason to play like dog dung! Every team has to do it & every team goes thru arriving late! St. Louis didn't use excuses. They went out & played a solid game & without 2 of their top forwards & walked away with a point. So, while the team figures out how to get their head out of their behinds..Rask has to be 100% perfect in his play & if he doesn't he's a DUD! Is that how it works?
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

Play like dog dung? Overreact much?

They didn't get blown out of the building. The game was pretty much even until Montreal scored its final goal. The Bruins had several chances that went awry due to some lousy puck luck (more than once, Price coughed up a juicy rebound that went past a Boston stick) and a couple of great stops by Price.

Meanwhile, stalwart St. Louis got their doors blown off by the Blue Jackets. Hockey's a funny sport, and teams are best judged over the course of many games, rather than one or two.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

So much ridiulousness going on here. If you really think TT would have won the last game and that Tuukka is in a sophmore slump or has no passion, you are pretty clueless. Fact, If you let up 40+ shots and only get 1 goal, no goalie is going to get you the win! ...and for reetard that says Rask has no passion, are you kidding me? Just because he has an extremely calm demeanor (which is fantastic for a goalies mentality) does not mean he has no passion. See kessel for that one. Should he be punching walls and losing his cool in the game? is there no passion because he is not diving around from being poorly positioned and lacks mobility??  

The losses on Tuukka are indicative of the teams play, period. TT let up more goals the night before, but the team got 7 goals, so its easy to overlook TT's goals he let in. The team needs to adjust to get some wins under Tuukka's stats, not Tuukka. He has only let up 1 bad goal this year (subban), his play is fine. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

"0 wins, 4 losses = poor start.  You can regurgitate stats, but wins are pretty important. "

Why don't you leave the analizing to those of us who actually watched the games, rather than just looking at the scoresheet.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

I dunno, MD, don't you think Tuukka would be a better goalie if he had hysterics in the middle of a game?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

[QUOTE]Again, Rask hasnt done anything at any level.  He had good numbers through 45 games last year, but he was 22 & 17 too, which isnt exactly great.  I dont care if you let in only 1 goal a game, if youre losing youre losing.  When he went in in the third of the Caps game, the Bruins scored 3 goals to tie it.  Tuukka let one in 3 minutes later.  Thats NOT acceptable.  He RARELY steals a game, and thats what bothers me.  That and the fact that his 45 games last year where he went 22-17 really isnt an accomplishment of any sort.
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]

Really?? Rask has not done anything at any level? Leading the league in GAA and save % and outplaying the Vezina winner, is nothing?? Nobody is buying your looney garbage posts.

and dont make up stats, if you decided to only post w-l its 22-12. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

[QUOTE]I dunno, MD, don't you think Tuukka would be a better goalie if he had hysterics in the middle of a game?
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

Ha ha, I guess not, but honestly I do like watching TT's fireyness, if thats a word. My fave was him slugging the hab, forgot which hab though. But just because Tuukka does not buy into all the extra antics and focuses on his game, which I believe is best for a goalies mentality (not getting to high on the highs or too low on the lows, short memory, etc), to say his is not passionate it just plain ignorant & dumb.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Rask fought the puck all night. He took 2 or 3 off the noggin. He was not sharp and his rebound control was not there. Not the reason the B's lost however. Rask had to have the first goal to give the B's a chance.

jwb, just curious, so when a goalie goes down to his butterfly position on a shot that is going for his head, what is he supposed to do? and how is this labeled "fighting the puck"?

How was Rask, not sharp? I agree the 1st was a bad goal, but that was it. 38 saves including a breakaway and numorus odd man rushes.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rask : Ha ha, I guess not, but honestly I do like watching TT's fireyness, if thats a word. My fave was him slugging the hab, forgot which hab though. But just because Tuukka does not buy into all the extra antics and focuses on his game, which I believe is best for a goalies mentality (not getting to high on the highs or too low on the lows, short memory, etc), to say his is not passionate it just plain ignorant & dumb.
    Posted by MDsizzle[/QUOTE]

Andrei Kotstisyn was the sluggee.

And yeah, anyone who ever saw Tuukka's milk crate meltdown, or has even seen him winning a shootout, knows he doesn't lack passion. He just knows when to contain it, and when to let it out. I have no doubt it was a lesson driven home to him as he was growing up and learning to be a goalie. Not for nothing is Finland known for developing outstanding goaltenders.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rask : Yet Malkin won the Conn Smythe so what's your point?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Who cares what Malkin won! I believe the reference was to the part being a saviour..If you think Malkin is the saviour of the Penguins franchise then this conversation is over.. I don't suffer fools gladly..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

[QUOTE]Again, no one can make a case for Rask...does anyone watch the games? I mean seriously...a few bad games????  You are missing the point...he is not the savior, nor will he ever be...again, look at the facts...look at the reality...all I am saying is the team plays different in front of him.  It is very laughable to think otherwise.  Watch the games. 
    Posted by hty239[/QUOTE]

What are you, some kind of pessamistic self proclaimed prophet? No one is saying he will be a savior, but he has not been labeled the bruins future in net for nothing. I guess the Bruins goalie coaches and scouts should have talked to you first, huh. Wouldnt have wasted like 6 years on this kid.