Rask

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Re: Rask

In Response to Re: Rask:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rask : Yet Malkin won the Conn Smythe so what's your point?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Speaking of Pittsburgh, Crosby and Malkin, here is an interesting fact:

2009 Stanley Cup Finals vs. Detroit - Malkin and Crosby scored 3 goals and 6 assists in 7 games, combined - yes, I said combined - not each. (In games 6 & 7 they were held pointless, and won both games).

It begs the question: "How in the hell did they win the Cup?"

I must say, Crosby and Malkin lead the Penguins to the dance; and the Penguins did dance because Sid and Geno weren't doing much dancing. But, most of the time that is what happens: The big guys get you there, but you're not going to win if the little guys don't show up.

Sidney Crosby was held to 1 goal and 1 assist - and they still won.

I don't think Bruins could ever have won a series with Orr getting only two points.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FairbankAK. Show FairbankAK's posts

and heres another case of fans rooting for the kid .  he will win a game when he maes the bruins win a game.  subans goal was weak weak weak, that puck cannot go in .  thats a save he has to make to set the tone and he didnt .
    till he makes the bruins win a game like TT did the night b4 he does not deserve a start.  next time he plays he has to prove to everyone that he can help the bruins win, not saying he must be perfect and not let any pucks in but he must make saves to win the game and not lose the game for the bruins.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Rask:[QUOTE]It seems too me, that you could simply flip both goalies names, from last years post too this years. These guys don't deserve any trash talk. Last year no matter how Thomas played, he was the villian. Now a great start by Thomas, and Rask not winning, has people degrading Rasks play. Every goalie has off games, as well as off seasons. but look at the big picture, and you will find the goaltending position, as strong in Boston as it ever has been.Posted by juniorfalcons19[/QUOTE]

^This!

PS. I'll say it again and again Tuukka needs more starts!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

you are bang on hty....i doubted him last year and i really  have no confidence in him ...just to casual for my liking and ynlike tank who stepped up his game to reclaim no one job ..rask has crumbled...what the heck is it with young  supposingly superstar goalies for the bruins..toivenen..raycroft  ect.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]you are bang on hty....i doubted him last year and i really  have no confidence in him ...just to casual for my liking and ynlike tank who stepped up his game to reclaim no one job ..rask has crumbled...what the heck is it with young  supposingly superstar goalies for the bruins..toivenen..raycroft  ect.
    Posted by north1234[/QUOTE]

Oh, for heaven's sake.

Rask's save percentage this season is .923. If he'd ended last year with a .923 save percentage, he would have been sixth in the NHL, just behind Jaroslav Halak (.924).

He hasn't "crumbled," not by a long shot. As a matter of fact, he's allowed fewer goals in his last two games than Thomas has (four vs. seven).

It's a long, long season. Goalies sometimes get lucky (Halak and his four posts) and sometimes unlucky (Rask and his bad bounces). But over the course of a season (like last year), talent reveals itself. 

Actually, somebody who knows said it pretty well:

Following the shoot-around, Thomas took some time to discuss Rask’s tough start. After all, Thomas went through similar stretches last season when he went 17-18-8 with a 2.56 GAA and .918 save percentage.

“Yeah, I was in a very similar situation [as Rask] last year,” Thomas told ESPNBoston.com. “Getting some good plays made against you mixed in with some funny bounces, and it just so happens that when you play that, they’re not getting the type of offense they’re getting when they’re playing for the other guy. I’ve been through it. There was one period last year when I played really well for like six games and had really good stats but didn’t get the wins. That’s what Tuukka’s in the middle of right now.”

Looking back on last season, prior to injuring his hip and then subsequently losing the starting job to Rask, Thomas remembers not actually worrying or losing confidence. He believes Rask is fine in that respect.

“I remember, though, it wasn’t really bothering me that much because I was playing good at the time,” Thomas said. “Tuukka is playing well, too, and hopefully it’s not bothering him that much. He seems fine and [seems like] himself, so I think he’s doing OK. He’s handling it correctly, and I’m not surprised because he’s just that type of guy. He doesn’t get rattled easily.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/bruins/post/_/id/2746/thomas-has-faith-in-winless-rask

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Play like dog dung? Overreact much?

When you look at how the team has played in front of Rask compared to TT? For the most part it's been dog dung! Not an over-reaction at all! You want to say that you thought the B's played a great game against the Habs? Guess this winning record won't be around much longer. This team has the ability to be the best all-around team in the league. They haven't played like it enough! It just seems they play even less when Rask has been in the net. Not to take anything away from Timmy. Anyone who knows me, know that's not what I'm saying at all. I'm being fair to both.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

and heres another case of fans rooting for the kid .  he will win a game when he maes the bruins win a game.  subans goal was weak weak weak, that puck cannot go in .  thats a save he has to make to set the tone and he didnt .
    till he makes the bruins win a game like TT did the night b4 he does not deserve a start.  next time he plays he has to prove to everyone that he can help the bruins win, not saying he must be perfect and not let any pucks in but he must make saves to win the game and not lose the game for the bruins.

But the Bruins never have to win a game for him though? I get it!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

[QUOTE]It seems too me, that you could simply flip both goalies names, from last years post too this years. These guys don't deserve any trash talk. Last year no matter how Thomas played, he was the villian. Now a great start by Thomas, and Rask not winning, has people degrading Rasks play. Every goalie has off games, as well as off seasons. but look at the big picture, and you will find the goaltending position, as strong in Boston as it ever has been.
    Posted by juniorfalcons19[/QUOTE]

Junior- this is a great post.  You hit the nail right on the head. The B's are stacked at the goalie position.  One guy is hot and they ride him-last year and this year.  With 2 guys that good on your team, you can afford to have one in a slump and go with the other guy...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

It seems too me, that you could simply flip both goalies names, from last years post too this years. These guys don't deserve any trash talk. Last year no matter how Thomas played, he was the villian. Now a great start by Thomas, and Rask not winning, has people degrading Rasks play. Every goalie has off games, as well as off seasons. but look at the big picture, and you will find the goaltending position, as strong in Boston as it ever has been.

Very well said indeed Jr!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Great article Duinne, TT is a perfect source for this situation, he's been through it and he's seen every minute of Tuukka's play and practice. It confirms what we have been saying about Rask not being in a sophmore slump against all the "Tuukka haters" with some skewed agenda. If you just watch the guys play you see he has not slipped from last years play, he is very consistant. If you look at the scoresheet and hate Rask for whatever reason, you put up a dumbazz post.