Rask

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Rask

Some posters thought Rask shouldn't be starting, but now he is 10-1 and last night he stopped 36 of 37 shots against the Islanders, many of those chances off of guys in alone. Rask has been terrific. I think he's allowed fewer goals than any other goalie in the league. Forget about TT, what's not to like about this guy?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Rask

In response to trouts' comment:

Some posters thought Rask shouldn't be starting, but now he is 10-1 and last night he stopped 36 of 37 shots against the Islanders, many of those chances off of guys in alone. Rask has been terrific. I think he's allowed fewer goals than any other goalie in the league. Forget about TT, what's not to like about this guy?

One.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I have been down on Rask in years past, mainly because of the soft goals due to him being on his knees too much.

He's corrected that and is really putting on a show this year.  We've had the pleasure of watching great goaltending for a while, so it's easy to forget how necessary a good goaltender is.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

One.

[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, well done.

He's been terific, he's also done a lot of little changes to his game. Vey calm, very poised and very well positioned. Also seems to handle the puck better, retreive it cleaner etc..The biggest thing I've seen and I mentioned it on another thread, is the way he handles the odd man rushes..Out at the top of his crease, trusting his defensmen, focused on the shot, not worried about the pass...very hard to do. 2 on 1's especially, focus on the shooter, let the defenseman take the pass away and don't allow a rebound..If you sink deeper into your net worrying about the pass, the shooter has that much space to go for. Tuuka has been brilliant at this and so have the Bruins defenseman, this has obviously been talked about, practiced and they've done a great job executing it. Kudos all around.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

thank you toronto.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

One.

+100!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

One.

+100!

Does that poster even count?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to red75's comment:

One.

+100!

Not sure that Fletch is reffering to the ONE you might think he is or...the ONE I want him to be pointing at. Oh the intrigue...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I have been down on Rask in years past, mainly because of the soft goals due to him being on his knees too much.

He's corrected that and is really putting on a show this year.  We've had the pleasure of watching great goaltending for a while, so it's easy to forget how necessary a good goaltender is.

First of all I like Tuukka.  But, I'm not sure if he has corrected it this year either.  The goal last night against the Islanders was awful.  I have no idea why he was laying on his belly with his legs in the net?   I think Tuukka is a great numbers goalie.  His stats will always look very good.  However, he still needs to prove that he can carry this team in the playoffs.  I still have a bad taste in my mouth that he was not able to steal at least 1 game from the Flyers.  I don't care what style a goalie plays, what his technique looks like, etc.....  Does he have the sack to win when it counts?  That question is still unaswered. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Pay no attention to the raving lunatic/local court jester named Stanley.

Rask has been playing great but he hasn't changed much. If anything, he's inherited some of TT's aggressiveness and is attacking the puck more.

Great D in front of him has helped but Rask was and still is the future of this franchise. If Subban or Svedberg pan out, great, you can never have too many goalies IMO.

Memories of past goalies that flamed out are still fresh to me. Remember Blaine Lacher & Andrew Raycroft.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

One.

+100!

Not sure that Fletch is reffering to the ONE you might think he is or...the ONE I want him to be pointing at. Oh the intrigue...

Is there a one besides Stanley?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

One.

+100!

It is the one who shall not be named.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

One.

+100!

It is the who shall not be named.

The player to be named later 50. Always look for the one who is gulitiest and replys quickest with an expalnation lol

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

The player to be named later 50. Always look for the one who is gulitiest and replys quickest with an expalnation lol

Wow, in that case - Nite, you know you've gone astray when Stanley is the only poster who shared your opinion.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

'Twas meant for he of the Wheeler persuasion...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

'Twas meant for he of the Wheeler persuasion...

Did you have to mention that name? It's like a dogwhistle for him. He'lll be back any second now.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

Rask continues to be the number 1 goalie in the post war era in both goals against and save percentage. Hard to understand anybody doubting the best statistical goalie in the last 70 years.