Rask's positioning

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Rask's positioning

I think Rask is playing very good but I noticed that he over commits alot and after most of the goals scored on him he seems to be somewhere outside the crease.  If you look at Toronto's second goal McArthur basically put it in the open net.  I think if he stays in the crease he stops most of those shots.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Re: Rask's positioning

I will agree with you about the McArthur goal, he over played that, and it cost him, but outside of that, I have no complaints. TT over played some shots, and many questioned his positioning, but his 2 Vezinas and 1 Cup sho there are many ways to skin a cat.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

In response to mattbs's comment:

I think Rask is playing very good but I noticed that he over commits alot and after most of the goals scored on him he seems to be somewhere outside the crease.  If you look at Toronto's second goal McArthur basically put it in the open net.  I think if he stays in the crease he stops most of those shots.

Khudobin is much much worse at keeping crease positioning in my opinion. Rask doesnt seem to be too bad, not worse than average.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In response to mattbs' comment:

If you listened to Tuuka's postgame comments about the 2nd goal, he thought the D-man would prevent McArthur from cutting across the net and thus overplayed the short side.

So sometimes there are other factors involved.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

He, like a lot of goalies, does over commit at times, but he stops enough high quality shots for us to win. That is, assuming we don't make the opposing goalie look like a Vezina winner. He's positioned himself for a very big payday. With the potential cap issues, wonder how long the B's will want to commit. I'm guessing 3 - 4 years at about 6 mil per. If we attempt to lowball him (which better not happen), wonder if anyone would give him an offer sheet? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

In response to mxt's comment:

I'm guessing 3 - 4 years at about 6 mil per.

Considering Chia says Subban is here to stay, this seems about right.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Goaltending is the absolute last thing I think about when I think about my concerns with this Bruins team. Last nights game would have been 6-1 if Rask hadn't played so well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

That comment about thinking the D would prevent him from cutting across is a bit bogus - it was pretty obvious Boychuck had no angle to do that, though maybe Bartkowski could have closed it off at the expense of leaving his own man.  Sounds like a bit of an excuse.

[I better duck...I can hear the goalie union siren...]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Outside of making excuses for misplaying the winner, Rask has been great.  But you can't miss the push-and-glide that takes him past his angles.  Not sure what to make of that - it's the same thing that happened on Bozek goal - he was coming across slightly and seemed to drift as he went down, allowing the puck to slide past the end of his skate.  I think he's just flying on adrenaline - get him a cocktail and he'll be fine. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

That comment about thinking the D would prevent him from cutting across is a bit bogus - it was pretty obvious Boychuck had no angle to do that, though maybe Bartkowski could have closed it off at the expense of leaving his own man.  Sounds like a bit of an excuse.

I think so.He played a great game overall and was definitely not the reason the B's lost.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

As we sit here and single out every player after a loss, there is really only one logical conclusion.  And that is they win as a team and they lose as a team.  Poor defensive play can be overcome by solid offensive output; and lack of scoring can be equalized by good goaltending and D.  We are a picky lot.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Rask is normally a stand up guy and when he blows a play, he admits it...so what he admitted was that he overplayed the player going shortside, since he "thought" the D had the angle covered...he made a mistake.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

He came out to cut down the angle and got beat on a deke. If anything Rask was expecting him to shoot it from where he was. Rask has been sensational this series, him being aggressive is one of the reasons he's been so good, this time he got burned.

He stays deep in his net and he'll have more trouble with more of those outside shots.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I won't say it's total bogus, I think he under estimated McCarthur's speed more than anything else. The other thing is IF Rask is a goalie who studies players the way TT did; he would've thought shot, because that's how he scored a lot of his goals. He's not one to pull that forehand, backhand move a lot.  He's not going to give Clark credit for his speed, so his explaination is bogus in that regard, but not in the way you think book. Either way..It's absolutely dumbfounding to have a thread started on Rask in a negative way! He's already stolen 2 games for the B's & kept them in the other 2 & was steady when called upon in gm 1. Totally amazed at what goes thru some peoples minds. GOALTENDING in this series thus far is the least thing to be worried about as a Bruins fan. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

We can talk about Rask needing to play better after games in which the team scores more than once. You know, games that are winnable without needing a shutout. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Guy has been great this year and excellent in the series.  If not for Krejci, he would be the MVP of this series.  Last guy I am worrying about.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Yah, I did say he's been playing great but I like to analyze each player.  I noticed this abt Rask during the regulart season.  I still think he is top 3 in the league.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Yah, I did say he's been playing great but I like to analyze each player.  I noticed this abt Rask during the regulart season.  I still think he is top 3 in the league.

There's a heck of a lot more players to analyze on this team than Tuukka, Lucic, DK, Horton, Jagr & Boychuk though. These are the players that have shown consistency & are doing their part to help win. The others? Some are working hard (Seguin), but not contributing in the offence. Others (Bergeron, Marchand) are either hurt, or have forgotten how to play playoff hockey. Kelly & Peverly have been taken over by gremlins, or pissed their wives off & have a voodo doll making them totally useless. The whole 4th line has been a god send in this series, because when the Leafs take over the game it's a lot more often than not, that line has given Rask a break. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to mxt's comment:

He, like a lot of goalies, does over commit at times, but he stops enough high quality shots for us to win. That is, assuming we don't make the opposing goalie look like a Vezina winner. He's positioned himself for a very big payday. With the potential cap issues, wonder how long the B's will want to commit. I'm guessing 3 - 4 years at about 6 mil per. If we attempt to lowball him (which better not happen), wonder if anyone would give him an offer sheet? 

An opposing team cannot make a goalie LOOK like a vezinza winner. That's up to the goalie to do that. A goalie who makes saves with the center of his body is usually a good goalie. It means he's playing his position the right way. And the more people who don't give Reimer some respect are being stupid!  If he was going to crack it would've been in game 5 . A bunch on here all did the samething with Holtby last year. Saying how the B's made him look good. The kid was good & Reimer has been good. This series isn't over by a long shot. Can Reimer fall apart? Sure he can, but so can Rask lets not forget that. I think the B's will win this series, but to continue to disrespect the Leafs & their goalie is crazy! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I thought the replay showed Bozak's shot tumbling off rask's arm. Rask is proving what we all can see, this bruins defense is aging, slower and needs changes to continue.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

He has a .933 sv % so far in 5 gm's, he's fine.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Tim Thomas flopped around a lot and Tuukka over commits.

God has yet to have made the perfect Bruins goalie.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Don't get all the Talk about Rask,in the 2 losses,game 2 Bruins never showed up.and last game they never showed up until they were down 2-0,i would have thought Bruin's would have come out in first period,looking for the kill,instead they were out skated out hit and out classed,if it weren't for Rask it could have been 3 or 4 nothing.It's time for Seguin and Marchand or Jagr to score some goals.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Oh.  My.  God.

Career:

GAA:  2.15

SV%:  .927

Yeah, he needs to do something differently.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Guy has been great this year and excellent in the series.  If not for Krejci, he would be the MVP of this series.  Last guy I am worrying about.

No kidding.  I'm not sure there is someone in the entire world of hockey that is playing better right now.  How freakin' retarded.

Sections
Shortcuts