Ratt Cooke At It Again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Ratt Cooke At It Again

Someone has to end this guy. You don't have to do a Bertuzzi - How about a Scott Stevens? Clean hip check him in open ice and launch him twelve feet onto his head. Don't want some player's career ended for ending Cooke's. He just needs to be gone. If Crosby had a shred of ethics aftter his concussion ordeal he'd tell the Pens management to get rid of Cooke.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Ratt Cooke At It Again:

Did you just send us to Eklund's page?  Wow, that's some bad writing on a worse outlet!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Al-Samarraie. Show Al-Samarraie's posts

Shupe, I used to get the Pitt games on Fox where I used to live and those guys are notorious for AAAAALWAYS making some outlandish excuse for the Pitt players. I'm talking about stuff you'd say when you were 8-9 years old. "I had the wind in my face, there was an uphill on the Pitt offensive zone in all 3 periods" etc. They are pityful and a lot of Pitt fans are just like that, another reason I dislike them. So the Cooke comments do not surprise me one bit, I've never heard them say something to the extent where they accept blame on on of their guys.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Cooke will get ZERO! As always! The league protects these guys & not the stars who make this a great game. CC will come up with some reason to let this animal out of cage! The guy should have a prison number, not a Jersey number! So sick of this guy! I'm even more sick of CC & his clan!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

Cooke is supposed to have a disciplinary hearing, via the telephone today. Colin Campbell is going to have to man up, and make it very clear to this clown , that this crap has to stop.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Cooke is supposed to have a disciplinary hearing, via the telephone today. Colin Campbell is going to have to man up, and make it very clear to this clown , that this crap has to stop.
    Posted by Beezfan4life

10 GMS minimum or I wont be happy. He literally left his feet for a boarding penalty. I dont care if your so out of control that you cant stop yourself from doing that you have no place in MITE-A let alone NHL Hockey. Good read on that blog post.

Someone needs to end this he is totally out of control. Not even fair to call him a hockey player, in real life  (not NHL life) he'd be behind bars.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

What ever happened to the Gordie Howe or Mark Messier elbow.   You run into enough elbows and you will get the picture.  And in Cooke's case get the stick up as well.  If he wants to run through a cross check go ahead.

Cooke has made a career off these types of hits. 

I love watching Kane knock him out.  Makes me warm and fuzzy inside.  Maybe that the rum and coke but it still is nice to watch 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

What ever happened to the Gordie Howe or Mark Messier elbow.   You run into enough elbows and you will get the picture.  And in Cooke's case get the stick up as well.  If he wants to run through a cross check go ahead. Cooke has made a career off these types of hits.  I love watching Kane knock him out.  Makes me warm and fuzzy inside.  Maybe that the rum and coke but it still is nice to watch 
    Posted by shuperman

Dang! Its barely 9am Shupe.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

hey,

Big Bruins game tonight.  I needed a two finger R&C to get me jacked up.  :-)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

just saw it...came in at full speed, as I said before I don't beleive in wishing harm on anybody but this guy may be an exception...he's out of control right now and someone might have to reign him in a bit.
    Posted by kelvana33

Might?

This guy should be on the list of players who now get 30 game suspensions, one step away from being banned from the NHL.

Guys like this would have been held in check years ago. He's essentially an Ulf/Claude Lemieux type who would have to stand up for themselves every time they remotely stepped out of line.

No one does anything to panises like him, Avery, Boiullon, etc.  They just continually run around taking cheap shots at players.

Cooke also leaves his feet on this hit from last night as well.

Based on Colin Campbell's ruling on Paille, leaving his feet and a blind side hit, it's 4 games.

Right, Colie? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

ILH...if no one in the nhl will do it,maybe we can hire out silvia for a nice front kick!!! i wonder if he can skate? its cooke... and yes anderson can keep his skates on.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

This is the same kind of hit that put Bergeron out for a year. Cooke should get severely punished by the league

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticBear68. Show CelticBear68's posts

In Response to Re: Ratt Cooke At It Again : I disagree.  Tyutin played it the way he should.  He "peeked" to see who was on the ice, like all players do, and he handled the puck the way it should be handled when it's on the boards.  If he jumps out of the way or alters his game because he hears Cooke coming, then Cooke wins by default. 
    Posted by Ergoetal

You're right, Ergoetal, you can't let Cooke "win" the puck by default, but as a player with your head on a swivel and an awareness of who is on the ice....I think it was dumb of Tyutin to put himself in a place where he was 2 or 3 feet away from the boards - very dangerous. 

Again, not condoning Cooke, charging, or boarding (and Cooke did both - he took a few extra strides AND left his feet), but Tyutin put himself in a bad position.  Maybe that's what the PIT homer broadcast crew was trying to convey (although I cant comment, 'cause I havent heard any audio of their commentary -  if it was Bob Errey, though, he can a tool on-air).

It'll be interesting to see what he (Cooke) gets from the league.  Whatever it is, it won't be enough, and maybe if the league won't stop this guy, then it's time for some vigilante street justice from some of his peers.  Here's hoping karma kicks his tail and he gets what he so richly deserves.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Ratt Cooke At It Again : You're right, Ergoetal, you can't let Cooke "win" the puck by default, but as a player with your head on a swivel and an awareness of who is on the ice....I think it was dumb of Tyutin to put himself in a place where he was 2 or 3 feet away from the boards - very dangerous.  Again, not condoning Cooke, charging, or boarding (and Cooke did both - he took a few extra strides AND left his feet), but Tyutin put himself in a bad position.  Maybe that's what the PIT homer broadcast crew was trying to convey (although I cant comment, 'cause I havent heard any audio of their commentary -  if it was Bob Errey, though, he can a tool on-air). It'll be interesting to see what he (Cooke) gets from the league.  Whatever it is, it won't be enough, and maybe if the league won't stop this guy, then it's time for some vigilante street justice from some of his peers.  Here's hoping karma kicks his tail and he gets what he so richly deserves.
    Posted by CelticBear68

Respectfully disagree.

Tyutin did not turn at the last second. He had his back turned to cooke for over 5 seconds. That is alot of time on the ice.  Cooke had all of 5 seconds and 40ft to NOT DO THAT! He could have changed hs angle or do what your suppose to do and stick between his legs tie him up.

Instead Cooke launched himself like a missle into tyutin's back. If Paille got 4 games Cooke should get 10+ no less. If he gets less than Paille I may drive up to canada to protest Bettman/Campbell.(Will give ride if needed to anyone)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

He will get suspended but I would really like to see if he gets the same or more than Paille .

I say more because this guy has a checklist as long as the scroll from the Ten Commandments.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Hard to tell from the footage, but it's possible #35 blocks Tyutin's view of Cooke.  If not, it's possible Tyutin thought his partner would block Cooke.  Just pointing out that if you want to place any blame on Tyutin, you need to evaluate his decision making process as well.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Ratt Cooke At It Again : Respectfully disagree. Tyutin did not turn at the last second. He had his back turned to cooke for over 5 seconds. That is alot of time on the ice.  Cooke had all of 5 seconds and 40ft to NOT DO THAT! He could have changed hs angle or do what your suppose to do and stick between his legs tie him up. Instead Cooke launched himself like a missle into tyutin's back. If Paille got 4 games Cooke should get 10+ no less. If he gets less than Paille I may drive up to canada to protest Bettman/Campbell.(Will give ride if needed to anyone)
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey

Exactly.  In fact, you can see Cooke take multiple strides and then leave his feet.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

If he gets 2 games I'd be surprised.
    We're expecting Campbell to be judicious? Puh-leaze.

This guy needs a stick across the knees or an errant high elbow, and I hate that type of stuff. I'll make a lone exception in this case.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I don't care if Tyutin sat there for the game whith his back to the play. Your supposed to stop/let up once you see numbers...Anyone else I might give the benefit of the doubt..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

is there a more perfect person for the nhl to make a statement with, than cooke? they have an opportunity here, lets hope they don't blow it- (you know they will)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

I would love to see the pens mgmt put this guy on waivers and say they don't want a player like this on their team, that would show alot of class.  Only problem being there would still be a bunch of teams eager to scoop him up and then he'd start taking runs at crosby.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Volchenkov got 3 games.

Anyone see the Phanuef hit on Tavares last night? How is that not considered blindside. Now im starting to get really confused by this rule. It looked SOO similar to the play Paille made to get 4gms.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

4 games for Cooke.

Edit:  Just watched the hit on Tavares.  The only thing I can think of is that Phaneuf managed to get only shoulder, no head.  But then, I thought the rule was about blindside hits, not blindside hits to the head?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Ratt Cooke At It Again : Respectfully disagree. Tyutin did not turn at the last second. He had his back turned to cooke for over 5 seconds. That is alot of time on the ice.  Cooke had all of 5 seconds and 40ft to NOT DO THAT! He could have changed hs angle or do what your suppose to do and stick between his legs tie him up. Instead Cooke launched himself like a missle into tyutin's back. If Paille got 4 games Cooke should get 10+ no less. If he gets less than Paille I may drive up to canada to protest Bettman/Campbell.(Will give ride if needed to anyone)
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey

You can try coming here to Canada, but you may have to turn around & head back to NYC because that's where Bettman & Campbell are?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Ratt Cooke At It Again : You can try coming here to Canada, but you may have to turn around & head back to NYC because that's where Bettman & Campbell are?
    Posted by nitemare-38

Damnit I didnt think that one through. LOL

Sections
Shortcuts