Ratt Cooke At It Again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Ratt Cooke At It Again

In Response to Re: Ratt Cooke At It Again:
    [QUOTE]I don't care if Tyutin sat there for the game whith his back to the play. Your supposed to stop/let up once you see numbers...Anyone else I might give the benefit of the doubt..
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Anyone who has played sports knows the unwritten codes of conduct.

We all know what it is. 

Hockey and Football in particular, to some degree baseball, players can take liberties very easily. Soccer has some of this and basketball with plays in the lane, toward the hoop.

But, the cheap, avoidable stuff is just that. Avoidable.

Otherwise, it's intent and it's dirty.

In this case, you know the player has position and you need to adjust your move because you already lost position. You driving him into the boards from behind is reckless and dirty.

it's the same idiots who pretend to act tough on the internet telling Savard to keep his head up.

Savard didn't have the puck and it was a blind side hit!  There are some people who do not get the fine line between violent, hard play and reckless, dirty play.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Well it's 1:25 est in NY & still "NOTHING" Volchenkov gets 3 games & this Zipperhead gets away with it AGAIN! Why? It's all about the mighty dollar! The league doesn't care about the players! Cooke is a PK'er & now that the Pens have so many of their core players out there's no way the NHL is going to allow one of "their" elite & favourite teams to miss the play-offs!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Dude, Cooke got 4 games.  It seems stupid that he gets the same amount as Paille since Cooke has a rap sheet 10 feet long and Paille doesn't, but that's Colin Campbell logic for you.

To me, Cooke is one of those players who is in the elite league of punks who is on thin ice.   Pun intended.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

4 games. Seems they got it right.
    Cooke still needs to have happen to him what Nilan did to Nifty.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

I can't believe he was suspended for only four games with NO fines, yet Paille gets fined.  Inconsistant discipline....

While searching for info, I came across this blog that does a pretty decent job of putting together Cooke's rap sheet over the past seven years.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/nhlwraparound/2011/02/the-cooke-case-file.html

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=552098&cmpid=rss-News%20in%20English

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Ergo-  I saw that.  The old Gordie Howe elbow to the chops a few times and he wouldnt be running at players like that.  Thats when hockey was hockey and players policed themselves.

4 games is a joke but its a start.

Lord every minor hockey league teams have stop signs on their backs.  I think whoever plays Pitt next when he returns should all wear Stop Signs in protest of this little rat

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]I can't believe he was suspended for only four games with NO fines, yet Paille gets fined.  Inconsistant discipline.... While searching for info, I came across this blog that does a pretty decent job of putting together Cooke's rap sheet over the past seven years. http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/nhlwraparound/2011/02/the-cooke-case-file.html
    Posted by gardenbees[/QUOTE]

You have to admit it's slightly disturbing someone has a rap sheet like that and he gets the same suspension, the first time of his career, mind you, it's the same as someone (Paille) who never had done anything before.

Welcome to the mind of Colin Campbell.

Unbelievable.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]I can't believe he was suspended for only four games with NO fines, yet Paille gets fined.  Inconsistant discipline.... While searching for info, I came across this blog that does a pretty decent job of putting together Cooke's rap sheet over the past seven years. http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/nhlwraparound/2011/02/the-cooke-case-file.html
    Posted by gardenbees[/QUOTE]
    The 'fine' reported for Paille was simply the salary he forfeited for the four games he wouldn't be playing.  While not reported, Cooke should also loose 4 days of salary; in his case $38,708.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

Thanks for clarifying that DrCC - I always wondered how that worked.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

IMO no comparison between the Paille hit and the Cooke hit, no comparison at all.  Cooke's hit was way worse.  Either Cooke should have gotten more than 4 games or Paille should have gotten less

That's it for me.  That's the last straw.

You NHL players and coaches who come to these pages (mainly to read my posts), I'm putting a bounty on Cooke's head.  $20 is all yours, tax free, American money and all you have to do is knock cooke out of the NHL and onto sled hockey, I will throw in another $20 if you can make him a full quadraplegic, but I would be ok with making him a paraplegic.

Sections
Shortcuts