Ray Whitney a Boston Bruin?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Ray Whitney a Boston Bruin?

In Response to Re: Ray Whitney a Boston Bruin?:
    I'd like Ray here, but only if the price is right. We keep giving up our high picks and Providence has nothing left to give. Also, Ray's 39, and no guarantees what kind of production he'll give when he transitions to Claude's defense first style. So, no more than a third round pick IMO.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash

agree with you that the price is very important.

If this is true it will improve the powerplay.  He's a pretty good passer, setup man. At least that's what he did with the Canes a few years back.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

There are reports from Hockey Insider that Ray Whitney may be traded from the Phoenix Coyotes to the Briuins. This would be a great move for PC. Ray would  bring his leadership skills and experience to the Bruins.

Ever since Rechhi retired there seems to be a void in the players dressing room. Whitney won a Cup back with the Hurricanes and he will undoubtedly make a positive impact in the dressing room. The B's need a new leader to right the ship.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

In Response to Ray Whitney a Boston Bruin?:
    There are reports from Hockey Insider that Ray Whitney may be traded from the Phoenix Coyotes to the Briuins. This would be a great move for PC. Ray would  bring his leadership skills and experience to the Bruins. Ever since Rechhi retired there seems to be a void in the players dressing room. Whitney won a Cup back with the Hurricanes and he will undoubtedly make a positive impact in the dressing room. The B's need a new leader to right the ship.
    Posted by Camperpete

If he's extremely cheap, sure, but if they're gonna do something (and i'm not convinced they need to) I'd rather them make a bigger splash.  I don't buy into the lack of leadership either, between chara and bergeron and kelly and ference and even thornton that should not be an issue.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

I'd like Ray here, but only if the price is right. We keep giving up our high picks and Providence has nothing left to give. Also, Ray's 39, and no guarantees what kind of production he'll give when he transitions to Claude's defense first style.
    So, no more than a third round pick IMO.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

It would be great to have this guy but it depends on what you have to give up to get him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Would be great if we can get him for nothing more than a 2nd rounder

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

No he is a Pheonix Coyote unless they make a trade.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

The Bruins are in a whole heap of trouble and need some kind of energy to get them out. If Whitney can fill the role left by Rex and help us where we need it, please go for it.
     It is painful for all of us to see what has happened to a very good team in such a short while with not a whole lot of jump or finish. The coach has tried to mix lines and make threats as well as PC, but that isn't getting them out of their funk.
    Mr. Ward has had  his chance with the PP with no results. The Habs fired an assistant coach and that got them going, it maybe that simple.
    The Bruins are losing points because of  a poor PP and lack of finish, they knew with the loss of Rex and Ryder they had to replace the leadership and scoring left but got Poulit and Korvo instead.
    When you take the easy way out and not try to improve on what you have you see the result. PC still has time to right the ship but each lost game makes it very hard to fix.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from airbus01. Show airbus01's posts

In Response to Ray Whitney a Boston Bruin?:
    There are reports from Hockey Insider that Ray Whitney may be traded from the Phoenix Coyotes to the Briuins. This would be a great move for PC. Ray would  bring his leadership skills and experience to the Bruins. Ever since Rechhi retired there seems to be a void in the players dressing room. Whitney won a Cup back with the Hurricanes and he will undoubtedly make a positive impact in the dressing room. The B's need a new leader to right the ship.
    Posted by Camperpete

link??

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

TSN.CA you clown

Wow, a trade rumor, with no source, about one of the leading scorers on another team miraculously coming to the Bruins, months before the trade deadline, with no details at all about what would be going the other way... Where do I start... Maybe a deal will happen, but there's not much to discuss with no details and no sources...
    Posted by Fletcher1

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

The trade will most likely involve a 2nd record pick and a roster player. Not to much for a quality player like Whitney.

I'd like Ray here, but only if the price is right. We keep giving up our high picks and Providence has nothing left to give. Also, Ray's 39, and no guarantees what kind of production he'll give when he transitions to Claude's defense first style. So, no more than a third round pick IMO.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Of course the B's will make a trade. A 2nd round pick and a roster player for Whitney. Go get it done PC.

No he is a Pheonix Coyote unless they make a trade.
    Posted by kelvana33

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Wow, a trade rumor, with no source, about one of the leading scorers on another team miraculously coming to the Bruins, months before the trade deadline, with no details at all about what would be going the other way...

Where do I start...

Maybe a deal will happen, but there's not much to discuss with no details and no sources...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I think this subject has gone around and around since KPD put it out there a month ago - sorry, for years, but it's back since....

The logic here seems way too much like "Recchi retired, so we need another short, old, slow top six winger."  Whitney does get results, but it sounds like people want him to be an impact player and not a complimentary player.

For that to have any shot at happening, he has to be a top six forward.  Whose ice does he get?  Marchand's?  Right now, of the top six, that's my choice.  And I don't think it makes the Bruins better if he takes any other top six forward spot. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

We can't mortgage the future for him, but a 3rd rounder would be a good swap. Trading a potential NHL regular with our 1st or second round pick (who might end up being like a Lucic, also I believe a second rounder) for a guy 39 who may have 25 goals left in him for his career is being penny wise and dollar foolish I think. His legs could go at any time. But a 3rd round pick would be very fair to both sides. Any more and I'd say we got fleeced, much like Kaberle for our 2 first round picks and second rounder.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

The Bruins are in a whole heap of trouble and need some kind of energy to get them out. If Whitney can fill the role left by Rex and help us where we need it, please go for it.  It is painful for all of us to see what has happened to a very good team in such a short while with not a whole lot of jump or finish. The coach has tried to mix lines and make threats as well as PC, but that isn't getting them out of their funk. Mr. Ward has had  his chance with the PP with no results. The Habs fired an assistant coach and that got them going, it maybe that simple. The Bruins are losing points because of  a poor PP and lack of finish, they knew with the loss of Rex and Ryder they had to replace the leadership and scoring left but got Poulit and Korvo instead. When you take the easy way out and not try to improve on what you have you see the result. PC still has time to right the ship but each lost game makes it very hard to fix.
    Posted by brunod

come on !  are you serious ? 
    Last season everyone wanted Recchi and Ryder gone and this is the reason the Bruins are not playing. In trouble ???
    Not yet,  calm down guys.  It's as if the sky has fallen.
    Does it count for anything that Seguin is better than last season ?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Unlikely. the Coyotes want a roster player too

Would be great if we can get him for nothing more than a 2nd rounder
    Posted by KrayzieJoe

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Whitney would probably take Pouliotte's spot. Players of Whitney's calibre don't come around too often.

I think this subject has gone around and around since KPD put it out there a month ago - sorry, for years, but it's back since.... The logic here seems way too much like "Recchi retired, so we need another short, old, slow top six winger."  Whitney does get results, but it sounds like people want him to be an impact player and not a complimentary player. For that to have any shot at happening, he has to be a top six forward.  Whose ice does he get?  Marchand's?  Right now, of the top six, that's my choice.  And I don't think it makes the Bruins better if he takes any other top six forward spot. 
    Posted by Bookboy007

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

A 3rd round pick ain't going to cut it. Unfortnately, its the price you pay to be stay competitive. At this point, the B's may have no other choice but to pull the trigger on this trade if they continue to lose. Whitney will add leaderrship, experience and stability to the B's. Get it done PC.

We can't mortgage the future for him, but a 3rd rounder would be a good swap. Trading a potential NHL regular with our 1st or second round pick (who might end up being like a Lucic, also I believe a second rounder) for a guy 39 who may have 25 goals left in him for his career is being penny wise and dollar foolish I think. His legs could go at any time. But a 3rd round pick would be very fair to both sides. Any more and I'd say we got fleeced, much like Kaberle for our 2 first round picks and second rounder.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

Whitney is going anywhere at the moment. Phoenix is playing fairly well at the moment and they aren't going to trade one of their better players just yet. If it happens, it won't happen to later. We would really have to overpay to get him ow.  PC is going to have to look elsewhere for help at the moment

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Kevin Paul Dupont
    Prob for  finding trading partner: CBJ only other desperate team. Other soft starts, but could be late-Dec before motviated to deal.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LB34. Show LB34's posts

Deal should have happened for a prospect package (such as Arniel and Cohen) before the season. Now got to wait till 20 games plus mark cause Whitney is producing as usual and PHX isn't out of the playoffs yet. B's will get the chance and should grab him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

TSN.CA you clown In Response to Re: Ray Whitney a Boston Bruin? :
    Posted by Camperpete

Fletch is the last guy here that should be called a clown. Always intelligent and respectful of other's opinions, he's easily one of the forum's best contributors. Didn't you also call people clowns during the playoffs if they felt Boston could win a game without Lucic scoring? It doesn't matter what you write. There will always be some who don't agree with you. Big deal. Get over it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

A 3rd round pick ain't going to cut it. Unfortnately, its the price you pay to be stay competitive. At this point, the B's may have no other choice but to pull the trigger on this trade if they continue to lose. Whitney will add leaderrship, experience and stability to the B's. Get it done PC. In Response to Re: Ray Whitney a Boston Bruin? :
    Posted by Camperpete

Whitney is TOO OLD !  Calgary is also in the cellar and would like to get younger to compete against Edmonton.  Trade for Iginla (34 years old) and watch the transformation take place in Boston.

Otherwise we stay put, no trades, and wait for our younger players to mature so we can compete for the cup once more.

Warning: With the emergence of Edmonton and Los Angeles , the window for winning another cup is quickly closing for the Bruins and other like teams .

Sections
Shortcuts