Ray Whitney

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Ray Whitney

With the Deadline approaching, the Bruins could become active. A guy who seems perfect for the Bs is Ray Whitney, a veteran who can score and would be great on the third line with Kelly and Peverly. Nothing against Pouliot and what he's done this year, but with Whitney the Bruins would be even more difficult to beat. Being in the last year of his contract with Pheonix, who is going nowhere this year, it seems he could come for a decent price. Really like this player and would love to see him in Boston, any thoughts about any possible trades?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

Re: Ray Whitney

I would like Whitney. Small but fiesty and has excellent work ethic. Same problem though, Phoenix will have a guy (who will be 40 when the playoffs start) seriously over valued. If we can get the Recchi type deal for him, a prospect and a 2nd, then I do it all day long. But you watch some idiot GM will cough up a prospect and a 1st.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In Response to Re: Ray Whitney:
    [QUOTE]I would like Whitney. Small but fiesty and has excellent work ethic. Same problem though, Phoenix will have a guy (who will be 40 when the playoffs start) seriously over valued. If we can get the Recchi type deal for him, a prospect and a 2nd, then I do it all day long. But you watch some idiot GM will cough up a prospect and a 1st.
    Posted by savybergy77[/QUOTE]

This is probably Whitneys last year, or close to it. Pheonix is not going to the playoffs, maybe Hammil and a second rounder could get it done... who knows.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I like Pouliot better for the playoffs...sorry ..

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2012

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Maybe 3 years ago.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe 3 years ago.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]

With all do respect, that same comment was made when the Recchi trade was made. It all comes down to how much Phoenix is dreaming about.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I could see it happening. I'd send away Caron over Hamill, but I'm partial.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ray Whitney : With all do respect, that same comment was made when the Recchi trade was made. It all comes down to how much Phoenix is dreaming about.
    Posted by savybergy77[/QUOTE]

Ray Whitney is not a first round Hall of Famer.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Just curious, but since Phoenix is only three points out of a playoff spot with over of a third of the season to go, why would they trade their top scorer? The Yotes haven't exactly been lighting it up, but Whitney has been involved in about a third of all their goals, why is Maloney trading him when he's still trying to get a playoff berth?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I like Pouliot better for the playoffs...sorry .. Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2012 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2012 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2012 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2012 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2012 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2012
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

Why? Whitney already has 43 points. Pouliot is on pace for around 30. Whitney between Kelly and Peverley would be a far better option if possible.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ray Whitney : Ray Whitney is not a first round Hall of Famer.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]

Never claimed he was. Merely staing that the comment, that he was past his prime by about 3 years, is exactly the mentality people had when the Recchi trade was made. I never claimed player wise that they were apples to apples. All I was implying is Recchi was also 3 years past his prime, but it worked out just fine do to his passion and work ethic...2 things I think Whitney still has.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Nope, Whitney is getting TOI, Pouliot is not consistent as he has been shuffling between a couple lines with the recent injuries and suspensions.  Whitney is fine if possible, doubt it, but Quebec (Pheonix) would want a bit more than Hamel and a bag of pucks.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I like Whitney... but I doubt I would like the price. Pouliot and Peverley have been fine... it's Kelly that hasn't done much lately.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

I agree that Pou has had a lot asked of him shifting between lines and the best chemistry has been. 

Pou Kelly and Peverly

They feed off each other. Frankly tho when Pou is moved up rather than Peverly it looks like there is a better feel keeping Peverly and Kelly together. 

Problem with Whitney is the cost is too high for someone who will not be willing to take a third line position and who would you shuffle then. It does not make sense to me. With Horton out for a time undetermined Whitney could fill in his postition but when he comes back where does Whitney play. Or do you move Horton to the third line or maybe Marchand. That is a hard pill to belive being swallowed. Just from a symantics position how would that work.

If any moves are made it will be for depth so we need to see what is available value like Kelly and Peverly were last year. Does anybody believe that Whitney is that kind of player. Maybe he is but he is top guy in Pheonix will he see it that way. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I'm surprised.  Before opening the thread, I guess Recchi would appear at least five times.  I only got four.

Know who they should get?  Miro Satan.  He's awesome.  I bet he'd come cheaply, also.  Considering he is teamless, I bet they could get him for Hamill.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1punchknockout. Show 1punchknockout's posts

[QUOTE]I'm surprised.  Before opening the thread, I guess Recchi would appear at least five times.  I only got four. Know who they should get?  Miro Satan.  He's awesome.  I bet he'd come cheaply, also.  Considering he is teamless, I bet they could get him for Hamill.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Smile

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

can gordie howe still lace 'em up?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

I will not want Whitney not with Poulit this line has been clicking. Once the injury issue with Horton is clear Poulit Pev and Kelly will be back and this will be the playoff line that will cause menace to the opponents.Caron is still young and a keeper in my book considering PC ink well will go dry cause of all the UFA's he will need to sign in the off season.

I will say it over and over get a serious d man with attitude for depth best rental and he is no KYellberle
    S
    LaughingUTER SLaughingUTER SLaughingUTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

[QUOTE]I'm surprised.  Before opening the thread, I guess Recchi would appear at least five times.  I only got four. Know who they should get?  Miro Satan.  He's awesome.  I bet he'd come cheaply, also.  Considering he is teamless, I bet they could get him for Hamill.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

WOW, why do you frequent here? Whoever started this post merely is starting a conversation dude...Chill out. If you can't seem to come to terms with that, turn off your computer and go play with yourself since you can't seem to play well with others. If it was up to you i guess nobody would ever post anything, since every post seems to be a waste of your precious time.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Bruins have nothing to trade. We shot our wad last year for Kaberle. I can't believe anyone would want Hamill, Caron or Kampfer. Maybe throw in a #1 pick and grab someone decent. Afterall the 25th-30th picks in the draft ain't worth much anyway

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsiefan. Show pumpsiefan's posts

Whitney may not be a luxery, he may be a necessity if Horton's problems continue.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 54BLITZER. Show 54BLITZER's posts

[QUOTE]Just curious, but since Phoenix is only three points out of a playoff spot with over of a third of the season to go, why would they trade their top scorer? The Yotes haven't exactly been lighting it up, but Whitney has been involved in about a third of all their goals, why is Maloney trading him when he's still trying to get a playoff berth?
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Outstanding point!!! The fact is that there is going to be very few sellers, and too many buyers for the next 3 weeks.  This will cause deals to get done at too high of a price for many players!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 54BLITZER. Show 54BLITZER's posts

don't be surprised if the BRUINS DO ALMOST NOTHING before the dead line!!!  When it is a sellers market, and the price too high to deal, you don't fix what aint broken!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

[QUOTE]can gordie howe still lace 'em up?
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

Gordie was just diagnosed with dimentia, adk...

Tough timing for a Gordie Howe joke haha...

1. Ray Whitney had 57 pts last year and 43 pts this year.  If he retired after the year, he'd be an idiot...

2. Pouliot has been better than I ever thought he would be for the Bruins, but Whitney-Peverley-Kelly would be much better than Pouliot-Kelly-Peverley IMO...He would be perfect here...

3. I wonder if PC could trade Pouliot in a deal for Whitney? Interesting to think about...

4. Whitney is hilarious...have you guys ever seen his pre-game creepazoid routine? He just skates by the camera slowly when his teammates are getting interviewed...

It's phenomenal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qil7R4c1O0c

Apparently, he does it all the time...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I don't think Whitney will be traded since Pheonix will still be in the hunt, I said it before and I'll say it again, I'd like to see them add Hemsky.

Sections
Shortcuts