Re-sign Jagr or Horton in the offseason ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Re: Re-sign Jagr or Horton in the offseason ?

My goal is always to improve our team as much as possible ...what I am saying is if the Bruins dont make it to the final and if I would be GM ...I would do a blockbuster trade involving Chara for sure, Peverley for sure , maybe Lucic if what I would get in return would be major ....of course Thornton and our friend Pandolfo would be OUT...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I perfer Scarlett Johansson waving her pom poms.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:

San, you keep on saying that Peverley will not be here next year in your hypothetical scenarios. 

What makes you so certain?

$64M cap next season that Chiarelli wasn't aware of before Peverly was signed. Also my feeling is if PC gave Julien a choice I think he would choose Kelly. You can also add in Jacobs not allowing the use of Savard's LTIR every year just becuase he allowed it in 2011.

PC will be very busy up to the draft now even more so once he adds Tuukkas salary and staying ahead of teams also trying to get that cap solution done with before the fall.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

To me it is obvious that you sign Jagr.  I will be interested to read dissenting opinions later.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Feeding any of Stanleys musings(any reply) is akin to going back and forth with Null.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:

Feeding any of Stanleys musings(any reply) is akin to going back and forth with Null.

I also wonder why people bother with him Steve. I've just ignored him for quite awhile now and it's great.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

So of course a hypethetical situation for the summer or right before the draft. Jagr and Horton go on a tear in the playoffs, which I think they will, and PC finds a taker for Peverley plus Jacobs beancounters tell Chiarelli that he can use Savard's LTIR for yah know...old times sake (when PC puts himself agianst the CAP to tight...again).

Jagr and Horton's agent(s) have told PC that they want to stay.

Who should the Bruins re-sign ?

PS. Assume all players are moved, brought up and money is right on CapGeek for only one of the two players.

Isn't the insurance company on the hook for Savards salary?  If so, that's kind of "another pitfall" regarding the spirit of the cap.  Seems to be only a couple examples in the whole league, where a team isn't paying anything out(TT being the other), yet the cap number makes it look otherwise.  JJ cashes in on both. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

I'll bet you a playoff ticket for the first round next year that Peverley is back next year. If I lose, I'll gladly take in a game with you.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

PEV is now part of the three stooges ..PEV-Pand-Thorn.  Shame on the Bruins for having 3 wasted roster spots...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Stanley, he has six fewer point than Horton playing less on the PP and less overall - and with Kelly, Caron, Pandolfo, Thornton, Paille, Bourque instead of Krejci and Lucic.  He has had a rough year.  But he is a far better player than you're giving him credit for being.

Sections
Shortcuts