re-sign ryder

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tremha. Show tremha's posts

Re: re-sign ryder

No signing.  time for youth and re-deploy the money in a 2 way player.  this board is unbelievable.  before game 4, not one person wanted him in the line-up now u want to resign him?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: re-sign ryder:
    The guy did NOT have a good game on Thursday - despite the fact that he scored 2 goals. He didn't win any wall battles, he slyd around the ice, held onto the puck far too long and took himself and other player out of position, didn't make any good passes, didn't back check. But then he didn't do any of that in the regular season. The guy has skill and he has talent, but he won't use them. He is a perimeter player. Get Seguin in there, or possibly Caron or Arniel from Providence.  But this opinion has been stated ad nauseum, by me, previously. I was glad the Bruins won but not with the player who scored the winner. Some other deserving player was severely cheated of that pleasure.
    Posted by Devanjan

Yeah Devan, you and I saw the exact same game from Ryder. As happy as I was with his contributions, I still felt he was weak in every 1 on 1 battle. The good news is that he can be much better if only he'd be willing to work.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Honestly? My bet is Kaberle @ 3.75 x 3 years. Marchand @ 2.25 @ 4 years.
    Posted by asmaha

Those numbers would be reasonable for both guys.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

No signing.  time for youth and re-deploy the money in a 2 way player.  this board is unbelievable.  before game 4, not one person wanted him in the line-up now u want to resign him?
    Posted by tremha

Not entirely true, but I see your point. Any arguments from my end are only coming up because it's the topic du jour. Would I have started a "We must re-sign Ryder" thread before Game 4? Of course not. But while he's on everyone's mind, why not talk about what we as fans would want to see? What he did doesn't away me...if the price is right, there are worse ways to spend the money.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In Response to Re: re-sign ryder : Those numbers would be reasonable for both guys.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Dez, I'm still not convinced on Kaberle, but the trouble is a decision will need to be made before anyone knows about Savard. If Savard was out, then I say forget Kaberle and use the combined dollars for a big offensive splash. If Savard is in, hand the money to Kaberle, let Ryder and Recchi walk, re-sign Marchand and drop the puck.

It's that tricky July 1st date. No way they find out about Savard before then. Sigh.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Overall, did Ryder play better last night?  I mean I know he finished when given the opportunity, but did he hustle more.  Was he difficult to play against.  I noticed him cycling but that wasn't unseen in the previous three games.  I haven't noticed him defensively in any game, which is good and bad.  I certainly feel that if Seguin were playing his minutes we would have noticed him at least a couple times a game for the wrong reasons defensively.  I guess I was wondering after the win last night, "did intelligent fans see a better game all around from him last night, or did he just finish the opportunities he hasn't been finishing"?
    Posted by RickyHussle

I was somewhat obsessed with this question last week.  In addition to asking the guys on this board, I also asked Fluto via email and Haggerty on the radio.  I will frame this by saying that each guy either was led to believe or simply assumed, that I wanted to trash Ryder. 

Since Haggerty answered me over the radio waves I cannot give you a direct quote.  What he said was along the lines of Ryder does nothing else for this team, if he is not scoring he is a piece of Newfoundland luggage.

Fluto seems to have had a different take.  Here is what he wrote to me.

"Two goals is two goals Richard. Especially when you're getting nothing from first line.

But yes, I saw Ryder more engaged in Game 4. Heavier on puck and moving better. Surprised to see it, given how poorly he performed earlier in series.

--Fluto"

For background here is how I posed the question

"Kevin and or Fluto,  I watched last night's game and I saw Ryder's huge goals.  I noticed his line played better and he was a part of that cycling in the offensive zone.   Other then the two goals though, I didn't notice a different player?  I didn't see more hustle or grit, but predictably everyone is excited and saying he played a great game.  Did he play a far superior game last night or did he just finish better?  While I haven't been noticing him defensively in the series, I think that's a bonus given what I expect would have been very noticeable lapses if Seguin were in like most fans want to see.  I guess I am asking you to compare and contrast the first three games for Ryder vs last night.  Thank You. "

In addition to Fluto and Haggety I also asked Matt Kalman and KPD.  If I get responses from them I will post those.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Re: re-sign ryder : I was somewhat obsessed with this question last week.  In addition to asking the guys on this board, I also asked Fluto via email and Haggerty on the radio.  I will frame this by saying that each guy either was led to believe or simply assumed, that I wanted to trash Ryder.  Since Haggerty answered me over the radio waves I cannot give you a direct quote.  What he said was along the lines of Ryder does nothing else for this team, if he is not scoring he is a piece of Newfoundland luggage. Fluto seems to have had a different take.  Here is what he wrote to me. "Two goals is two goals Richard. Especially when you're getting nothing from first line. But yes, I saw Ryder more engaged in Game 4. Heavier on puck and moving better. Surprised to see it, given how poorly he performed earlier in series. --Fluto " For background here is how I posed the question " Kevin and or Fluto,  I watched last night's game and I saw Ryder's huge goals.  I noticed his line played better and he was a part of that cycling in the offensive zone.   Other then the two goals though, I didn't notice a different player?  I didn't see more hustle or grit, but predictably everyone is excited and saying he played a great game.  Did he play a far superior game last night or did he just finish better?  While I haven't been noticing him defensively in the series, I think that's a bonus given what I expect would have been very noticeable lapses if Seguin were in like most fans want to see.  I guess I am asking you to compare and contrast the first three games for Ryder vs last night.  Thank You. " In addition to Fluto and Haggety I also asked Matt Kalman and KPD.  If I get responses from them I will post those.
    Posted by RickyHussle

From my perspective, I did not really notice increased effort in game 4.  I felt like he built off the goals and had a much more complete effort in game 5.  I am hoping he can sustain the effort for the balance of the playoffs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

Posted by tremha

We don't need another 2 way player.. we need a pure goal scorer.  If we can sign Ryder between 1.5-2.25 I say do it, even if he doesn't show up until the playoffs he brings enough in the playoffs to earn that salary.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Who knows the master plan, the Ryder issue will depend on many factors.  Firstly is the known factors, Marchand and Kaberle.  Marchand for around 2 million for a couple years is a good risk.  Kaberle should be signed unless a deal can be made to bring in a number one center.  If Savard is out then the thought of Bergeron or Krejci being traded is more apparent.  Neither is a first line center.  Seguin is years away from any role, witness his slow development (CJ?).  So if in fact PC is able to bundle Toronto's first and one of the above centers into a number #1 center makes makes Ryder being signed limited at best.  Otherwise stay the course, sign Kaberle for three years, sign Marchand for a couple years, and yes bring in Ryder for a couple million for a couple years.  The real factor is how long do the Bs last in the playoffs.  Something major will happen if they are eliminated early is no question.  Ryder then is history along with some others.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

Theres no way I would give Kaberle 3.75M.  He may get it, but I wouldn't give it to him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

I don't know how anyone can say Ryder didn't give increased effort in game 4 .Did you see the play he made to set up the tying goal by Kelly ?You don't get rid of guys who come through for you in the playoffs and for the most part Ryder has played better than most of the B's forwards since he has been a Bruin .What has Kaberle done to warrant wanting him back next year?Shaky defensive play [he did play better in game 5 ] and nonexistant offense. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I don't have a problem with Ryder or Kaberle.  I accept them for what they are, and I am glad they are on the Bruins for this playoff run.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

oatescam....did you ever hike the appalacian trail? your avatar looks like someone i hiked with from north adams,ma. --

Sections
Shortcuts