Re-Sign Ryder!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Re: Re-Sign Ryder!

I have been pretty pleased with his overall playoff production, but it is time to move on from Ryder.  At 31, you cannot expect his consistency to start improving, and there are some other options inside/outside the system. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac221. Show mac221's posts

Please no more Ryder.  Glad he's doing some contributing during the playoffs.  But it's time for him to go and make room for someone who plays with more committment, and at his salary, he hasn't brought enough to the table. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

I have nothing personal against the guy, he seems likeable in a Spicoli type of way, but I've had enough of his disappearing acts for one lifetime. He is a 20-goal scoring winger with marginal speed. If he played defence..ever.. he might make up for his pedestrian .5 ppg. As it is, I'd rather give Caron/Suave/FA a shot at his spot.

Lets Go Bruins!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

when the b's signed Ryder three years ago i thought it might work out playing with a playmaker like Savvy but that didn't materialize....

after a good first season playing with Krejci & Wheeler, Ryder hasn't done anything worthwhile on a consistent basis although helping the b's win some playoff games....

thanx for that, but it's time to turn the page on Ryder no matter what he'll be asking for....

same for Recchi, bless his heart but he ain't getting any faster....  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

No for me also. Only way is if he accepts a 1 or 2 year deal with significan discount than today. Chris Kelly makes 2 million approx a year, don't see how Ryder should make more. 

With the history that CJ and Ryder have, it won't be easy to break them apart. 

Personally i'm hoping another team overpays for his service next year. 

I'm looking forward for kids like Knight, Spooner, Caron, Sauve to get a chance

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bailey77. Show bailey77's posts

i would re-sign him if it was for about a million plus incentives
    without him, we would not have gotten by the first round of the playoffs, sure he skates funny but he does have speed and scores big goals in the playoffs...i would in a second re sign him

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In Response to Re: Re-Sign Ryder!:
    [QUOTE]Don't care if he scores overtime goal in final to win the Cup, I've seen enough to know he should not be on this team next year.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Really?  He scores key goals to turn one series around, he is a key part of bar-none the most exciting game the Bruins have played in 20 years, he's one of the guys closest to and has the most experience playing with the future superstar, and, in your scenario, he scores the biggest goal of the biggest playoff run for the Bruins in 40 years...and you want to run him out of town 'cause he's lazy in the regular season? 

I'm not saying give him a rate-of-inflation pay hike and roll him over the boards, but I think you have to explore the option of bringing him back on short change - Ference money.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

B's would be better served to let him move on and keep the roster spot open for some young and hungry prospects....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

In Response to Re-Sign Ryder!:
    [QUOTE]He obviously has great chemistry with Seguin.  The team will be unstoppable next year; Horton Krejci Lucic Ryder Seguin Kelly/Caron/Free agent Marchand Bergy Peverly Thronton Campbell Paille/Kelly
    Posted by jeg4[/QUOTE]
    No argumant there at all that ryder and segs are good together, imo yes resign cheaper, way cheaper one yr.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

next season i'd rather see Peverley get top 9 minutes instead of Ryder....

Peverley's much better all-round and his offensive game should be better once he picks up Homer's system....  plus he can also play center....

as for Seguin, he'll be alright without Ryder....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

no no no no

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

CARON/SAUVE NEED TO HIT THE GYM ALL SUMMER.
    THE SPOT IS UP FOR GRABS FROM WITHIN.

Sections
Shortcuts