realistically, what are the chances of the B's winning the 1st round?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from paul5556. Show paul5556's posts

realistically, what are the chances of the B's winning the 1st round?

i say very low unless if they win next 2 games in Montreal.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Re: realistically, what are the chances of the B's winning the 1st round?

I say 100% to win the 1st round and 100% to win the Stanley Cup ...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-Unite. Show Bruins-Unite's posts

Everything's backwards this time. My heart says they'll lose (almost 30 years of anguish does something to a person), but rationally, I think if they win tomorrow, it's 2-1 and that's not a bad ratio.

The other thing that keeps me from wanting to plunge into misery right now is something that 2 different commentators said. (Don't ask me who because I've been listening to way too much radio lately.) They remarked that a trip to Montreal is just what the Bruins need right now and that the Bs went into Game 1 with a little too much ROO-HAW and overconfidence, which makes you gutsy and sloppy. Maybe a taste of the Bell Center is just what the doctor ordered.

Obvious retort: Bs haven't won a game in Montreal in a long time.
    Obvious reply: This is the playoffs and an entirely different set of rules apply.

Maybe the Bs will suddenly start playing like themselves again.

Maybe they'll stick to short passes, realizing that long passes get intercepted (hear that, Julien?) and score another goal like the short pass goal from Marchy to Bergy.

Maybe Looch will start playing like a professional athlete again.

Maybe Thomas will act like he's a Vezina winner and control rebounds.

Maybe they'll stop turning the puck over and taking stup1d penalties.

All this doesn't seem like much to ask, and if it's what we get from the Bs, guess what? It's suddenly a 2-1 series and those numbers ain't bad. A one win difference will calm everyone down from their state of panic.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 40YrsNoCup. Show 40YrsNoCup's posts

10%

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Actually 14% if one lives by statistics!  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I reserve judgement until tonight. Lame, I know, but a solid win in Montreal could do wonders for this team. They set up in Lake Placid afterwards, get their heads on straight and, who knows?

They still have the ability to win 4 against this team. I don't like their mentality at the moment heading into Game 3, though. They don't seem to give enough credit to the Habs and think that everything is as simple as never turning the puck over. Well, turnovers will happen. The other team will score. It's how they respond that matters, and I fear they won't rebound properly if Montreal scores first. The first two games, they seem to break down offensively and force their game haphazardly instead of loosening up, bringing some creativity and moving their feet. They stop skating when they're behind and just rush straight up the ice without any lateral movement.

If they win tonight, I honestly think it's 50/50 they win in 7. If they lose, they're out in 4.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1861. Show 1861's posts

Another long season going no where.  These guys cannot beat the Habs.Yell

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I say 4%.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

they're entering the lion's den down two games against a team they've beaten only three times the last two years....

they're averaging less than a goal a game during the series....

they might be missing their best player and if he plays he surely won't be at 100%....

do the math.... 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kordic. Show Kordic's posts

In Response to Re: realistically, what are the chances of the B's winning the 1st round?:
    I say 100% to win the 1st round and 100% to win the Stanley Cup ... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011

here, take a good look at Stanley,because that is the last time you'll see it in Boston

and people are hysterical...
    "look mama, its are old C' who had to move from here to bring us the cup" 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

B's win 4-1 tonight.  Carey Price hurts his labia and is out for the remainder of the series.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

And again - IF they turn this around (big IF), that makes these first 2 games all the more outrageous.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbruin4. Show mrbruin4's posts

In Response to Re: realistically, what are the chances of the B's winning the 1st round?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: realistically, what are the chances of the B's winning the 1st round? :  here, take a good look at Stanley,because that is the last time you'll see it in Boston and people are hysterical... "look mama, its are old C' who had to move from here to bring us the cup" 
    Posted by Kordic[/QUOTE]

stanley will be in boston   long before it goes back to frog land   put that in your pipe and smoke it  kordic.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kordic. Show Kordic's posts

[QUOTE]B's win 4-1 tonight.  Carey Price gets hurt and is out for the remainder of the series.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]
    that's your only hope..injured player..pathetic....
    In Montréal we want to play against uninjured Bruins, because we're proud warrior and we dont want any excuses from the Bruins...unlike you  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: realistically, what are the chances of the B's winning the 1st round? : that's your only hope..injured player..pathetic.... In Montréal we want to play against uninjured Bruins, because we're proud warrior and we dont want any excuses from the Bruins...unlike you  
    Posted by Kordic[/QUOTE]

A #6 seed has NEVER won the Cup Beavis.  B's will smoke the Habs tonight.  Enjoy the game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Slim & None!  This series was over before it even started with the rhetoric spewing out of the mouth of Claude & Peter!  Haggs said it best with his article last week on CSNNE.com, when he wrote about the loser mentality within the Bruins organization. Disgusted! Fed Up! Hopeless!  Helpless! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

Let me first say that I am a Bruins fan. Been watching them fo 40 years. Now that I got this out of the way let me tell you this:

If you think the Bruins are going to win tonight you are crazy.
    If you think the Bruins will win the series you are completely insane.

The names change but the story is always the same

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]Let me first say that I am a Bruins fan. Been watching them fo 40 years. Now that I got this out of the way let me tell you this: If you think the Bruins are going to win tonight you are crazy. If you think the Bruins will win the series you are completely insane. The names change but the story is always the same
    Posted by ed121501[/QUOTE]

We should all just quit whatever it is we're doing when things get tough.  Great way to live.  I'll pass on that one.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

I never said that they should quit. I'm just saying they are done. Take a look at this team, the way they are currently playing, their record and history at the Bell Center and then be honest with yourself and tell me- Do you REALLY think this team will win this game or series ?. I have read enough of your posts to know you are a bright person. Just be realistic, thats all.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Great sports stories are born from teams facing long odds. 

The Habs have been fortunate to have scored early in both games, have not had to create offense (it's been handed to them), and have done nothing that makes me say to myself "Wow, we can't beat them". 

Are the odds stacked against them - yea, probably.  But not impossible by any stretch.  A couple fortunate bounces of the puck and it's a new series.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]I never said that they should quit. I'm just saying they are done. Take a look at this team, the way they are currently playing, their record and history at the Bell Center and then be honest with yourself and tell me- Do you REALLY think this team will win this game or series ?. I have read enough of your posts to know you are a bright person. Just be realistic, thats all.
    Posted by ed121501[/QUOTE]

Ed,

When you're dealing with the homers you;re not dealing with rational people. They will accept no harsh words against the Bruins no matter how badly they play nor how embarrassing the team's playoff record has been in the past 20 years (no advances past round 2 since 1992)....that will gain you only scorn and words about "the past doesn't matter" and reminders that Jeremy Jacobs can't be blamed for this top-down culture of failure b/c he lets his GM spend to a cap that he himself pushed for b/c he knew it would represent a DECREASE in the money he would have to dole out for a winner.

yes, the bruins are toast...but don't express yourself about it! The completely objective and not-at-all biased "real" fan base will remind you that being a real fan means never EVER saying a bad word about your team, no matter how much failure they produce along with constantly-rising ticket prices.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: realistically, what are the chances of the B's winning the 1st round? : Ed, When you're dealing with the homers you;re not dealing with rational people. They will accept no harsh words against the Bruins no matter how badly they play nor how embarrassing the team's playoff record has been in the past 20 years (no advances past round 2 since 1992)....that will gain you only scorn and words about "the past doesn't matter" and reminders that Jeremy Jacobs can't be blamed for this top-down culture of failure b/c he lets his GM spend to a cap that he himself pushed for b/c he knew it would represent a DECREASE in the money he would have to dole out for a winner. yes, the bruins are toast...but don't express yourself about it! The completely objective and not-at-all biased "real" fan base will remind you that being a real fan means never EVER saying a bad word about your team, no matter how much failure they produce along with constantly-rising ticket prices.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

Nothing you say here TTBI is true, about me anyways.  I'll bash them when they deserve it. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

where,s the beef ,,there DONE

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

[QUOTE]Great sports stories are born from teams facing long odds.  The Habs have been fortunate to have scored early in both games, have not had to create offense (it's been handed to them), and have done nothing that makes me say to myself "Wow, we can't beat them".  Are the odds stacked against them - yea, probably.  But not impossible by any stretch.  A couple fortunate bounces of the puck and it's a new series.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

I agree with everything you say but I also see nothing that tells me "Wow, the B's are going to turn this around". Remember how Lucy kept pulling the ball away from Charlie Brown at the last second. Same thing here: people want to believe that the B's will make noise in the playoffs and then they go out and dissappoint again. I went to the game on Saturday and focused in on their players and I was horrified at the lack of heart. Kaberle is lost. Ryder,Lucic, Krejci dont care and Horton was a no show. Recchi looked like an old man playing with young kids. Thomas was unimpressive. Ferrence,Boychuck, McQuaid and Hnidy were plagued with mistakes.

The bigger question here is how come the names change but the result is always the same. I believe it comes down to the culture of the organization where winning is not looked upon as a requirement. Neely will really need to sort things out after he fires Chiarelli and Julien sometime next week. We will need a coach and GM who know how to evaluate and develop talent. Look no further than the Red Wings as the model by which other teams should go by for success. Ex Bruin, Jim Nill is the assistant GM there and would be a great fit in Boston. Lets bring in a younger coach who knows how to adapt to the modern NHL (Laviolette is a guy who comes to mind if available). There needs to be a fundamental change in thinking that starts from top of the organization right down to the players.

Sections
Shortcuts