realistically, what are the chances of the B's winning the 1st round?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: realistically, what are the chances of the B's winning the 1st round?

I would say around 40% by now. If you had asked me a week ago I would have said 75%....If they lose tonight, that is it.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

If they play Tuukka and tell the Dmen to skate with puck if no one is open down low.  We might have a chance to come back but I don't believe Julien will be willing to make these changes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from samopp13. Show samopp13's posts

In Response to Re: realistically, what are the chances of the B's winning the 1st round?:
    I say 4%.
    Posted by BadHabitude

You are right!  The B's won 2 out of 5 games during the season and now are 2 out of 7.  They can't seem to win any close games against the Canadians.  The only 2 games they won were 8-6 and 7-0

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: realistically, what are the chances of the B's winning the 1st round?:
    In Response to Re: realistically, what are the chances of the B's winning the 1st round? : that's your only hope..injured player..pathetic.... In Montréal we want to play against uninjured Bruins, because we're proud warrior and we dont want any excuses from the Bruins...unlike you  
    Posted by Kordic

Go find out what a labia is mon ami.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrr. Show NeelyOrr's posts

Whats a scabbs fan kordic doing on this post. Crawl back under a rock in Quebec where you came from

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to Re: realistically, what are the chances of the B's winning the 1st round? : I agree with everything you say but I also see nothing that tells me "Wow, the B's are going to turn this around". Remember how Lucy kept pulling the ball away from Charlie Brown at the last second. Same thing here: people want to believe that the B's will make noise in the playoffs and then they go out and dissappoint again. I went to the game on Saturday and focused in on their players and I was horrified at the lack of heart. Kaberle is lost. Ryder,Lucic, Krejci dont care and Horton was a no show. Recchi looked like an old man playing with young kids. Thomas was unimpressive. Ferrence,Boychuck, McQuaid and Hnidy were plagued with mistakes. The bigger question here is how come the names change but the result is always the same. I believe it comes down to the culture of the organization where winning is not looked upon as a requirement. Neely will really need to sort things out after he fires Chiarelli and Julien sometime next week. We will need a coach and GM who know how to evaluate and develop talent. Look no further than the Red Wings as the model by which other teams should go by for success. Ex Bruin, Jim Nill is the assistant GM there and would be a great fit in Boston. Lets bring in a younger coach who knows how to adapt to the modern NHL (Laviolette is a guy who comes to mind if available). There needs to be a fundamental change in thinking that starts from top of the organization right down to the players.
    Posted by ed121501

Good post Ed and I agree with everything you say.  CJ is what he is.  I would like to think the players can look past him and find a way to be accountable to each other again.  They did it in the regular season, they need to get it back.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

I beleiev the actual stat is 25% but because Boston chokes against Montreal I would say 10 %

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: realistically, what are the chances of the B's winning the 1st round? : Good post Ed and I agree with everything you say.  CJ is what he is.  I would like to think the players can look past him and find a way to be accountable to each other again.  They did it in the regular season, they need to get it back.
    Posted by hangnail

Excellent statement!  Here we go with the excuses again now it is Chara was ill, stop it, it is a team game!  No excuses, please execute without pointing at the coach, other players, luck, etc. etc etc.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

29.85%

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: realistically, what are the chances of the B's winning the 1st round? : Good post Ed and I agree with everything you say.  CJ is what he is.  I would like to think the players can look past him and find a way to be accountable to each other again.  They did it in the regular season, they need to get it back.
    Posted by hangnail

Well said. I think these players play the game to win the cup,period. I don't think they play to lose ( although sometimes you can't tell ). Lets be honest , the B's are playing like sh*t . The Habs , i'll give them credit, they are playing Martins system to a T.  A lot like the Lemaire system it is very frustrating. I am not going to say the B's will win one or both games in Montreal but for the sake of each players personal pride i hope they at least show some will to win , passion and perserverence. A little luck would also help but you can't count on that. And TT, lets see the metal your made of. Go B's !

Sections
Shortcuts