Reality Check

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRRocker. Show BRRocker's posts

Reality Check

As some posters have already stated, these last two games against the Red Wings may be a blessing in diguise. The Bruins probably played the best they can but they still can't match the elite teams. We have the best goalie, we have Chara,we have depth but we need more top line talent. The future is now, all of these draft picks are good on paper but they will not help the Bruins this year or next year. It is time to put a package together and make a trade, we have all been waiting to long, 1972 was a long time ago and my VHS tapes are worn out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: Reality Check

Did you say they probably played the best they could? I will agree that they need an Iginla type. A Sniper who isn't afraid to take the body.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

In Response to Re: Reality Check:
    Did you say they probably played the best they could?I will agree that they need an Iginla type. A Sniper who isn't afraid to take the body.
    Posted by callodthedom19

Yeah, the Red Wings are a great team (and are probably the #1 reason the Bruins lost the last two games), but the Bruins weren't definitely not playing like themselves during those games.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

No way they played their best but even if they did it would not match what Detroit brings. In a seven game series they would win 1 or 2.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Nope...Don't expect Marchand to gift wrap those type of give aways any time soon....Seguin and D men will get it together. Then you have a different game. They can play better, for sure.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Reality Check:
    As some posters have already stated, these last two games against the Red Wings may be a blessing in diguise. The Bruins probably played the best they can but they still can't match the elite teams. We have the best goalie, we have Chara,we have depth but we need more top line talent. The future is now, all of these draft picks are good on paper but they will not help the Bruins this year or next year. It is time to put a package together and make a trade, we have all been waiting to long, 1972 was a long time ago and my VHS tapes are worn out.
    Posted by BRRocker

My advice.  Buy a dvd player.  When you wear out the dvd's, check back in.
    Keep the picks.  That's the truth.  And then wait.

I think that big 3 player for 3 player trade with Chicago last century really hurt Bruins fans mindsets.

Bruins fans were led to expect like this could happen all the time:  Stanfield, Esposito and Hodge for Pit Martin and a peanut butter and  marshmellow fluff sandwich.

The Kessel deal is the equivalent, but it takes patience to see it through.  It might even be better than that deal, but it takes patience.

And some on here will have you believe that being patient is being a blind stupid lemming.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Bad hab, I agree, these picks could be major building blocks for the future, but I think PC and co need to decide what they want to do.  Are we going with youth and using these young players and picks to build a team with legit talent, or are we signing everyone over the age of 33 to decade long contracts to be an older vet team?  If you do the second, you better not be middling for long, or else this is exactly like every other era in the jacobs ownership.  Make the playoffs, sell some extra dogs, and be competitive. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Posters here are making valid points about future building blocks but i think this team has plenty of young talent at this point.  Go get an ELITE player with some of those trading chips.  I think the future is NOW...

Sections
Shortcuts