Really Shanahan? You're Complaining That Marchand Doesn't Get It?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Re: Really Shanahan? You're Complaining That Marchand Doesn't Get It?

In Response to Re: Really Shanahan? You're Complaining That Marchand Doesn't Get It?:
    In Response to Re: Really Shanahan? You're Complaining That Marchand Doesn't Get It? : I guess the hip check is now considered a dirty hit.
    Posted by fishfinger

No the hip check isn't, but clipping & low bridging is.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I don't think Shanahan is really making the decisions here.  With zero experience, I just don't see the league handing full responsibility to him.  Blaming him is shooting the messenger in my opinion.

While the league may be unhappy with Marchand for almost replicating the suspension-worthy hit, Marchand is a dope for almost replicating the suspension-worthy hit.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Really Shanahan? You're Complaining That Marchand Doesn't Get It?:
    I don't think Shanahan is really making the decisions here.  With zero experience, I just don't see the league handing full responsibility to him.  Blaming him is shooting the messenger in my opinion. While the league may be unhappy with Marchand for almost replicating the suspension-worthy hit, Marchand is a dope for almost replicating the suspension-worthy hit.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I suspect if Shanny has this brought up again he would word like you did. It was not a dirty hit, only because he didnt complete it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I don't think Shanahan is really making the decisions here.  With zero experience, I just don't see the league handing full responsibility to him.  Blaming him is shooting the messenger in my opinion. While the league may be unhappy with Marchand for almost replicating the suspension-worthy hit, Marchand is a dope for almost replicating the suspension-worthy hit.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

That's a weak argument. That's like a cop who keeps pulling you over for almost speeding. There's a line drawn for a reason. Perhaps the linesman can start blowing down every play that's close to offside. The hit was never "suspension worthy" as it was clearly within the rules. oh well,ho-hum, Nas doesn't like Marchand..........too many penalties........not enough penalties........not a good rapper........where will it end?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Really Shanahan? You're Complaining That Marchand Doesn't Get It? : That's a weak argument. That's like a cop who keeps pulling you over for almost speeding. There's a line drawn for a reason. Perhaps the linesman can start blowing down every play that's close to offside. The hit was never "suspension worthy" as it was clearly within the rules. oh well,ho-hum, Nas doesn't like Marchand..........too many penalties........not enough penalties........not a good rapper........where will it end?
    Posted by dezaruchi

I never said he doesn't have enough penalties.  I pointed out his low penalty total since the suspension.  It's an observation, and one that I'm sure pointed out a fact that many had missed.

As for above, it's no argument at all.  It's my opinion.  It could have been written either way to get the same message across.  Here, let me help out the feelings of those with the love affair of the BBBBM.

Ready?

While Marchand is a dope for almost replicating the suspension-worthy hit, the league is unhappy with him for almost replicating the suspension-worthy hit.

Now, does everyone feel better?

And as for you, Dez, I'm not sure what the deal is with this sudden turning of tides towards me, but don't think it's gone unnoticed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Shanahan has nothing against the bruins, he does what hes told. Its no secret that from day 1 of the 2010-2011 playoffs general managers complained about the bruins style of play all throughtout the playoffs , it was mentioned after the stanley cup playoffs many times on tsn. This league is becoming a wussys game, there taking away what good hockey is all about.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Really Shanahan? You're Complaining That Marchand Doesn't Get It? : I never said he doesn't have enough penalties.  I pointed out his low penalty total since the suspension.  It's an observation, and one that I'm sure pointed out a fact that many had missed. As for above, it's no argument at all.  It's my opinion.  It could have been written either way to get the same message across.  Here, let me help out the feelings of those with the love affair of the BBBBM. Ready? While Marchand is a dope for almost replicating the suspension-worthy hit, the league is unhappy with him for almost replicating the suspension-worthy hit. Now, does everyone feel better? And as for you, Dez, I'm not sure what the deal is with this sudden turning of tides towards me, but don't think it's gone unnoticed.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I'm not sure repeating the same statement makes anything clearer for me but thanks for trying. As for my feelings towards you, don't read too much into anything.I think the same as I always have. Your a solid contributor that adds as much knowledge as anyone on here. If there was any advice I could offer it'd be to work on getting thicker skin. I get greased out so often that my skin is getting very think. It's now like I'm wearing one of those wrestling sumo suits. Cheers.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Really Shanahan? You're Complaining That Marchand Doesn't Get It? : I'm not sure repeating the same statement makes anything clearer for me but thanks for trying. As for my feelings towards you, don't read too much into anything.I think the same as I always have. Your a solid contributor that adds as much knowledge as anyone on here. If there was any advice I could offer it'd be to work on getting thicker skin. I get greased out so often that my skin is getting very think. It's now like I'm wearing one of those wrestling sumo suits. Cheers.
    Posted by dezaruchi

I'm sure you look great in it Dez! But, I agree with NAS that he's an idiot for trying it, and theres no doubt in my mind he did, but it never materialized, so why is Shanny talking about it? If he did talk to Marchand about how they saw what he tried to do, thats fine, but to talk about it weeks later on the radio concerns me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Really Shanahan? You're Complaining That Marchand Doesn't Get It? : I'm sure you look great in it Dez! But, I agree with NAS that he's an idiot for trying it, and theres no doubt in my mind he did, but it never materialized, so why is Shanny talking about it? If he did talk to Marchand about how they saw what he tried to do, thats fine, but to talk about it weeks later on the radio concerns me.
    Posted by kelvana33

Like I said Kel, the lines are drawn for a reason. One side of it's fair. The other side isn't. It seems like it should be clear enough.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Really Shanahan? You're Complaining That Marchand Doesn't Get It? : Like I said Kel, the lines are drawn for a reason. One side of it's fair. The other side isn't. It seems like it should be clear enough.
    Posted by dezaruchi

It is very clear, which is why he wasn't suspended for missing the attempt.  He's still a fool for attempting it, and the NHL is dumb for talking about something that didn't happen.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Really Shanahan? You're Complaining That Marchand Doesn't Get It? : That's a weak argument. That's like a cop who keeps pulling you over for almost speeding. There's a line drawn for a reason. Perhaps the linesman can start blowing down every play that's close to offside. The hit was never "suspension worthy" as it was clearly within the rules. oh well,ho-hum, Nas doesn't like Marchand..........too many penalties........not enough penalties........not a good rapper........where will it end?
    Posted by dezaruchi

No it's like you got stopped for speeding doing 15mph over the speed limit. You drive away upset about it only being 15mph. Next day you drive by the same cop in the same spot doing 5mph over looking at him the whole time with a grin on your face. However, it is very dumb for Shanny to talk about it way after the fact.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Really Shanahan? You're Complaining That Marchand Doesn't Get It? : No it's like you got stopped for speeding doing 15mph over the speed limit. You drive away upset about it only being 15mph. Next day you drive by the same cop in the same spot doing 5mph over looking at him the whole time with a grin on your face. However, it is very dumb for Shanny to talk about it way after the fact.
    Posted by nitemare-38

Nope, your analogy is way off. Shanahan clearly stated Marchand's hit was legal. Hence, he wasn't "speeding" at all.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Really Shanahan? You're Complaining That Marchand Doesn't Get It? : Nope, your analogy is way off. Shanahan clearly stated Marchand's hit was legal. Hence, he wasn't "speeding" at all.
    Posted by dezaruchi

How about:

Marchand gets caught street racing.  After he gets his license back, he's lined up again.  The cops are waiting.  The light turns green and his car stalls out.  Race canceled.

Anyway, if it's tough to go with Shanny's word as gospel here when so many disagreed on his opinion of the original hit.  What Shanahan things doesn't really carry much weight around here.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Really Shanahan? You're Complaining That Marchand Doesn't Get It? : How about: Marchand gets caught street racing.  After he gets his license back, he's lined up again.  The cops are waiting.  The light turns green and his car stalls out.  Race canceled. Anyway, if it's tough to go with Shanny's word as gospel here when so many disagreed on his opinion of the original hit.  What Shanahan things doesn't really carry much weight around here.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I don't envy Shanahan with the job he has to do. There's no way to please everybody but sticking to the rulebook (by the letter) would be a good start. Allowing new terms like "predatory" and "intent" creates a very slippery slope.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Really Shanahan? You're Complaining That Marchand Doesn't Get It? : I don't envy Shanahan with the job he has to do. There's no way to please everybody but sticking to the rulebook (by the letter) would be a good start. Allowing new terms like "predatory" and "intent" creates a very slippery slope.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Intent is the worst way to judge anything.  Unless the player says, "Oh yeah, I tried to do that", which he never will, the NHL cannot determine what a guy meant to do.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

I'm having a really hard time here.  It appeared Dez and NAS were on opposite sides of the fence.  I was all set to pick a side, then all of a sudden........wtfreag !

Sections
Shortcuts