Really Vancouver, REALLY!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Really Vancouver, REALLY!!

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/12/now-jack-edwards-is-chirping-the-canucks/

Pretty hard to prove, but my gawd how much showing of having no class can you get! I know 49 I'm sure there's a big conspiracy in FL. to make the Canucks look bad. Good Lord this team is making it easier to hate them more than the Canadiens!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Really Vancouver, REALLY!!

Nice post, Tina.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Really Vancouver, REALLY!!:
    Nice post, Tina.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

What's that supposed to mean?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Really Vancouver, REALLY!! : What's that supposed to mean?
    Posted by nitemare-38

I didnt get it either...but your quick reply made me chuckle.  The fact he hasnt responded making you wonder.   Priceless...hahaha

Van easily out does Montreal on my hate scale.  Montreal for all their ways...stood in and got beat up by a big bruin team.  All of them!  So for as much as we can't stand them....that day I had respect for them doing that.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Was Nite a woman at one point or was that someone else...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Posted by OatesCam

I believe it was BsL...

After all his whining a week ago I would tend to believe he is still one.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Posted by OatesCam

SHHH! No revealing secrets!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

Lol, that is pretty funny. I guess someone is still a little mad huh? ^_^

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Really Vancouver, REALLY!! : I didnt get it either...but your quick reply made me chuckle.  The fact he hasnt responded making you wonder.   Priceless...hahaha Van easily out does Montreal on my hate scale.  Montreal for all their ways...stood in and got beat up by a big bruin team.  All of them!  So for as much as we can't stand them....that day I had respect for them doing that.  
    Posted by shuperman

Yea it is actually! lol What a AH. Say something like that & not explain himself! The nerve!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

My error.

Not Tina.

Amy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg6RJPNc7IM

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

My error. Not Tina. Amy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg6RJPNc7IM
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Heh

Though you should have gone with Kermit

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heather/snls-seth-meyers-mocks-congress-saying-piz

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

My error. Not Tina. Amy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg6RJPNc7IM
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

LOL Nice One NAS! What a story I could tell. Sealed

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fairshake. Show fairshake's posts

Canucks fan here. Boston fans earned the right last June to gloat if they chose to, but man do some of you ever gloat... then you call Canucks' fans classless as I have seen in spades over the past week on this site. There are poor sports in every fanbase - including both in Vancouver and yes, in Boston. None of us can control what "our" teams do, we do not have to be classless morons ourselves. That said, I love the rivalry, such as it is...   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Speaking as a Vancouverite, and a Bruins fan, why exactly did you pop in here? You may complain about Bruins fans, but in the last 7 months, at least once a day a Canucks fan, live and in person irl, has whined to me about the Bruins. It's not even close to the same thing.

Most of us Bruins fans are still more concerned about gloating over the Canadiens than we are about the Canucks. For most of us, you're just that team we had to beat for Lord Stanley's. Frommy point of view the only reason for a growing rivalry is that Canucks fans just won't let it go... as evidenced by your coming onto a Bruins site and accusing us of gloating too much.

Why should that matter to you? The day I can travel on the Skytrain, go through my work day, and come home without hearing at least one person talk about how there was a conspiracy theory to give the Bruins the cup, or how the Bruins don't deserve to be champions, then I'll entertain your argument.

That day has not happend yet, not once, since the middle of June. You're in a glass house and throwing stones. As a fellow Lower Mainlander, I'd like that to happen, because I'm getting tired of having to worry if I'll get mugged or beaten up if I have the audacity to wear a spoked B down Commercial Drive or Robson (which has come close to happening a few times now - including when I met Milan Lucic when he came back home. A few Cancuks fans tried to roll him. And you wonder why we don't like you?).

My wife has had a beer thrown on her, someone stole my Neely cap off my head and tried to set it on fire, while walking with my 3 and 5 year-old nieces I've been called things that boston.com won't allow me to type, someone in a pub grabbed my breast in and asked me if I was as "dirty as Brad, cause that'd be fun" before the bouncer kicked his a**, and I've had my car graffitied with the words "Boston Sucks" because I had a Bruins flag on my window. All because I'm a Bruins fan who has the misfortune of living in Vancouver (and thanks to these experiences I'll be moving out of here at the first opportunity)

And you're calling us out? After I've been treated more poorly in these last 7 months beacuase of the team I cheer for, than I ever have in BC because of my sexual orientation (and that's saying something - only in Canada would someone have more problems with the hockey team I cheer for than the fact I'm legally married). It ain't cool, it's not tolerable, it gives me reason to hate this whole damn province, and for the sake of the rest of us non-Canucks fans in this town, please get over it already.

and let me make this perfectly clear - my wife and I, who are in a very high end tax bracket for this province, are moving out of this province this summer once she is done her doctoral defence. We had initially planned on staying, but our treatment, as Bruins fans, has turned us off of living in this province for any longer than we absolutely have to.  That's on you and your fellow fans. Worse - she may compete for team Canada in 2014 (with some luck - she switched sports this season), and has made a request that she not be listed as a British Coloumbian for international competition (she was not born here, but lived most her life here). How bad is that? That's on you and your fellow fans, so do you really want to complain about Bruins fans? Seriously? There;s good things about this province and city, but after the last seven months it takes me a while to remember what they are.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

We had initially planned on staying, but our treatment, as Bruins fans, has turned us off of living in this province for any longer than we absolutely have to. 
    Posted by red75

If this statement is true, you need to get stronger feelings.  "I'm leaving this place because y'all pick on me too much for something that doesn't matter" is very, very difficult to believe.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

wow, i'm not sure I'd move cuz nobody likes my hockey team. Cry

i do, however, love your reference that more people are upset about your hockey team choice than your marital status. hmmmm, only in Canada? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fairshake. Show fairshake's posts

Wow someone is an angry bird.

As to why I am here - it's pretty obvious, the Canucks just played the Bs for the only time this year so it is natural to explore and see what people are saying.

I am sorry that some Vancouverites have been so unkind and moronic. "That's on you and your fellow fans" is your comment. Actually it is most definitely not on me and not on the fans I know - please don't lash out at someone when you have no idea who I am. I am someone who would without knowing you take you for a beer to try and make small amends for the stupidity of a few others. But listen to what you are saying - you are acknowleging in one line how accepting Vancouverites are of your sexual orientation (very much a bright light for Vancouver) yet letting the moronic acts of a few lugheads about a game influence your entire mindset about the city and the entire province! Sad.

By the way, nobody seriously thinks the Bs won because of a conspiracy - they won because they were the better,tougher,healthier team at the time - EVERYONE I know acknowleges that, especially on reflection. I suggest you are projecting the comments of 1 or 2 people made in the heat of the moment to an entire populous.

Grow up. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Really Vancouver, REALLY!! : If this statement is true, you need to get stronger feelings.  "I'm leaving this place because y'all pick on me too much for something that doesn't matter" is very, very difficult to believe.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Not completely, work is the number one reason we're leaving. And there lots of other reasons we hate this town beyond he stupid Canucks fans. They're a very minor factor.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Well, that is a lot different than, "We had initially planned on staying, but our treatment, as Bruins fans, has turned us off of living in this province for any longer than we absolutely have to."

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from fairshake. Show fairshake's posts

Well, every city has its negative factors. I guess Vancouver's outweigh the positive factors, for you. I am sorry the actions of some canucks fans contributed to your decision. I am interested to know if the same would have happened in Boston, if I wore Canucks stuff all over the place, had a nucks flag on my car etc. and if the Canucks had won. I suspect there would have been the same element there - no two cities are that different. Hmmm maybe we'll find out in 2012 :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

By the way, nobody seriously thinks the Bs won because of a conspiracy - they won because they were the better,tougher,healthier team at the time - EVERYONE I know acknowleges that, especially on reflection. I suggest you are projecting the comments of 1 or 2 people made in the heat of the moment to an entire populous. Grow up. 
    Posted by fairshake

This is not entirely true. In fact after the recent Bruins Canucks game I heard alot more of that " see, if we had officiating like that in June we would have won the cup" Comments like that were rampant on the Team 1040. I realize that they are often just articulating the rage of their audience but many of the radio hosts and fans seem to believe that the refs cost them the cup.

Sections
Shortcuts