Recchi is slowing down Marchand and Bergeron

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Recchi is slowing down Marchand and Bergeron

I am really dissapointed by Recchi this year.  He is way too slow to play VS a fast team like the Habs.  I think that the Bergy line would be even more dominant with a faster guys like a Peverly.   
       I also am not liking some of the break out passes that Recchi makes for a guy with that much experience... he made some risky passes during the last couple of games. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Re: Recchi is slowing down Marchand and Bergeron

At least I didn't see him killing too many (stupid) penalties...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

I guess we watched different lines this year...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins6. Show Bruins6's posts

I know he is only on the second unit (I cant even call it a power play),but why isn't Marchand in his place ...it's getting ridiculous.
    He is a great leader but his legs just cant keep up and it leads to the suspect passes he has been making.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

In Response to Re: Recchi is slowing down Marchand and Bergeron:
    [QUOTE]I know he is only on the second unit (I cant even call it a power play),but why isn't Marchand in his place ...it's getting ridiculous. He is a great leader but his legs just cant keep up and it leads to the suspect passes he has been making.
    Posted by Bruins6[/QUOTE]

Thank you!  He HAS been good but he is doing nothing for the Bs vs the Habs!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins6. Show Bruins6's posts

Claude is going to stick with him till the bitter end.
    I like Recchi and I hope he scores 2 tomorrow dont get me wrong ...but he has had so many chances ... I wonder if Seguin would have cashed those chances in

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Agreed, he's a great veteran, but his age is showing thru in the playoffs.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

claude had him out there on a 4 on 4 last game.....wow  i agree with slowing the line down, but the man gets his points some how

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I though Recchi was effective deflecting the puck in on the PP.  We have yet to see him do that this year!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

In Response to Recchi is slowing down Marchand and Bergeron:
    [QUOTE]   I am really dissapointed by Recchi this year.  He is way too slow to play VS a fast team like the Habs.  I think that the Bergy line would be even more dominant with a faster guys like a Peverly.       I also am not liking some of the break out passes that Recchi makes for a guy with that much experience... he made some risky passes during the last couple of games. 
    Posted by lucaooo[/QUOTE]

TAKE A VALIUM! tHE LINES STAY AS THEY ARE !

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Another glaring fault of Clod. Playing players who have not produced for so long. Recchi has not had 1 good game in weeks but he takes up ice time of other possible candidates. Caron should have been given a chance with Bergeron. Recchi looks out classed most times he out there. This could very well be his last game but Clod will have him in there slowing that line down.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

[QUOTE]Another glaring fault of Clod. Playing players who have not produced for so long. Recchi has not had 1 good game in weeks but he takes up ice time of other possible candidates. Caron should have been given a chance with Bergeron. Recchi looks out classed most times he out there. This could very well be his last game but Clod will have him in there slowing that line down.
    Posted by jwb413[/QUOTE]

Recchi was playing pretty well recently, but last night he looked like David Krejci, and that's a VERY BAD THING right now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

One good thing about Game 7s...it really highlights the coach's philosophy on things. If Claude keeps rolling the same 4 lines without success, our suspicions that he's the Norv Turner of the NHL are correct.

Recchi brings immense value to this team, and I don't think his lack of speed is a big factor. I am surprised at some of those poor passing decisions he's made the past few games, though. Even worse, the passes themselves just aren't very good...bouncing, inaccurate, etc. I think it only makes it worse when he's the guy rushing the puck and for the life of me I don't understand why CJ has the D or wingers starting the rush on the PP and not the center.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

love it...the bruins win 3 in a row, they're great. lose one...change everything and fire the coach. so predictable it's comical. the didn't get outplayed last night, relax. the habs scored TWO 5v3 goals. that's it. the bruins controlled the majority of the game in a hostile environment. they are coming home, to a raucus crowd. hopefully those in attendance have a little more faith in them than most of you. GO B'S 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I don't think that at his age the guy should get regular minutes.  It has been said by the media already many times that Recchi could cost Julien his job because he is preventing Bergy line to take it to the next level!!  If you can't see it that is your right but i disagree with you!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In Response to Recchi is slowing down Marchand and Bergeron:
    [QUOTE]   I am really dissapointed by Recchi this year.  He is way too slow to play VS a fast team like the Habs.  I think that the Bergy line would be even more dominant with a faster guys like a Peverly.       I also am not liking some of the break out passes that Recchi makes for a guy with that much experience... he made some risky passes during the last couple of games. 
    Posted by lucaooo[/QUOTE]

another one to take back lucaoo

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

[QUOTE]Another glaring fault of Clod. Playing players who have not produced for so long. Recchi has not had 1 good game in weeks but he takes up ice time of other possible candidates. Caron should have been given a chance with Bergeron. Recchi looks out classed most times he out there. This could very well be his last game but Clod will have him in there slowing that line down.
    Posted by jwb413[/QUOTE]Recchi has struggled at times in this series but I liked the way he played tonight.To suggest Caron would be an improvement over Recchi is not something I agree with ,perhaps next year but at the moment ,no way.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

He came out stong tonight.  Does not change the fact that he his slow on his skates!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I'm glad Recchi is here right now, but I would love to get a true power forward out there on Bergie's wing when Recchi retires.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Recchi also was the guy who forgot the puck behind to allow Pleck to score.  Just be honest and say the things the way they are!
       He was very good tonight but i still believe that the Bergy Marchand combination could be even more effective with a faster winger!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevio19. Show kevio19's posts

Yes he chipped in tonight with a goal but I agree. Recchi is in no way a 2nd line player anymore in the NHL, if Peverly's up there that's our number one line going into Philly.. till Krejci can show us otherwise.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]Claude is going to stick with him till the bitter end. I like Recchi and I hope he scores 2 tomorrow dont get me wrong ...but he has had so many chances ... I wonder if Seguin would have cashed those chances in
    Posted by Bruins6[/QUOTE]

The question you have to ask is would Seguin have gotten those chances in the first place? Seguin doesn't go into the dirty areas like Recchi does. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

[QUOTE]That line is suffering IMO from Marchand trying to be TOO fancy and do TOO much.  Marchand's been off his game a bit since January; remember Bergey went cold for a spell, too....
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

Maaaaaaaayyyyybe a bit, but his pass to set up Boychuck's goal was primo. Draw the D, get the pass through, Boychuck scores. Simple stuff but in reality most players just find a way to fudge the play rather than finding a way to get it done. 

Most players keep skating towards their target, drawing the D also towards the target. Marchand made one little move back in the other direction which pulled the D away from Boychuck, and then he flipped a perfect pass back to him. 

I know Bergeron has played awesome, but you could make the case that Brad Marchand was the best player on the team in this series.