Recchi just makes me like him more every day...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Recchi just makes me like him more every day...

Canadiens embellished Pacioretty's concussion, says Recchi

Posted by Fluto Shinzawa, Globe Staff March 23, 2011 08:48 PM

But Recchi speculated that the Canadiens embellished the nature of Pacioretty's concussion to prompt the league to suspend Zdeno Chara.

"He does obviously have a fractured vertebra, but the concussion is obviously really a non-factor," said Recchi, citing how Pacioretty attended a movie several days after the hit. "In maybe a day or two -- maybe a day he felt it -- but he was fine a couple days later. They were trying to get Zdeno suspended and they embellished it a little bit. In terms of that side, they're doing whatever they could to get him suspended. I think the league sent a message that it was a hockey play. That's the important thing and people have to understand. If they deemed it something that was serious, they suspended Matt Cooke up to 17 games for a head shot. They're serious about protecting the players now. That was an interference play at worst. The partitions got in the way. I don't think Zdeno is to blame for that."

Most NHL teams qualify concussions as mild, moderate, or severe. While definitions vary, general sentiment is that a player must have lost consciousness and suffered memory loss for a concussion to be termed severe.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: Recchi just makes me like him more every day...

I already posted a thread on this, c'mon stop flopping everywhere.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Oooops, missed it.  Just like a flopping goalie does.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: Recchi just makes me like him more every day...:
    Oooops, missed it.  Just like a flopping goalie does.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

haha no worries! Just trying to tighten up my defense.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Rex is a likeable guy. Actually the media, and our own Fluto embellished the situation. Fluto still uses the term "severe" concussion, as do so many other writers. It appears that the concussion was a mild one, compared to so many others, and I'm not sure how an injured[broken?] vertebrae recovers soon enough for the playoffs. Maybe bruised might fit the situation. Most pain comes from the nerves associated with the vertebrae, and can be relieved with a novacain-like injection.

Sections
Shortcuts