Recchi on point on pp?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Recchi on point on pp?

Why is Julien doing this & for how much longer. This is bad. Watching him not being able to keep the puck in or the puck hopps over his stick & he is too slow trying to get back after he turns the puck over. Hasn't this guy made a living in front of the net on the pp?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Re: Recchi on point on pp?

He is terrible there and belongs in front of the net or in the press box.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Recchi on point on pp?:
    [QUOTE]hes done pretty well there, was this the first game you've watched in a while?
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]

What exactly has he done at the point on the powerplay?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

& hopefully last that he has to watch him maning the PP point. Abort! Experiment over!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]& hopefully last that he has to watch him maning the PP point. Abort! Experiment over!
    Posted by pucman[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's bad.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

I hope PB is talking bout the comment of him making a living in the crease

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Give CJ some credit for trying something different, kind out of the TB playbook with St. Louis manning the point.  Hasn't looked good, and agree with OP's observation about his inability to get to pucks or keep them in.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Give CJ some credit for trying something different, kind out of the TB playbook with St. Louis manning the point.  Hasn't looked good, and agree with OP's observation about his inability to get to pucks or keep them in.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

50% credit for making a change, but he loses 50% for this change.  We all want some better results on the powerplay, but the point guys need more mobility than Recchi can provide.  In fact, I honestly can't think of one reason for him to be there.  He doesn't have the rocket shot, he isn't quick, he isn't an amazing passer.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Recchi on point on pp? : 50% credit for making a change, but he loses 50% for this change.  We all want some better results on the powerplay, but the point guys need more mobility than Recchi can provide.  In fact, I honestly can't think of one reason for him to be there.  He doesn't have the rocket shot, he isn't quick, he isn't an amazing passer.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I think the angle here would be that he is a pretty smart player that can get pucks to the net.  Doesn't always have to be a rocket shot from the point, especially when they miss the net or end up in the opponents shin pads.  I think that is the biggest problem with PP, keep it simple, pucks/players to the net. 

That being said, time to try something different, this experiment has not worked. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

I thought it was a mistake from the "get-go" considering his lack of mobility......especially against the Red Wings.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to Recchi on point on pp?:
    [QUOTE]Why is Julien doing this & for how much longer. This is bad. Watching him not being able to keep the puck in or the puck hopps over his stick & he is too slow trying to get back after he turns the puck over. Hasn't this guy made a living in front of the net on the pp?
    Posted by jpsoxfan[/QUOTE]

I like Rex, but not on the point. He looked like the "mall cop"  today. I would like to see Campbell  on a power play line.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Recchi on point on pp? : I think the angle here would be that he is a pretty smart player that can get pucks to the net.  Doesn't always have to be a rocket shot from the point, especially when they miss the net or end up in the opponents shin pads.  I think that is the biggest problem with PP, keep it simple, pucks/players to the net.  That being said, time to try something different, this experiment has not worked. 

Recchi on the PP is only wrong because he can't keep up with the speed of the game.  Agreed as stated above, Recchi belongs up front at times with his ability to get tip ins.  Overall it addresses the Bs need to move the puck out of the defensive zone, whether it be a puck moving defenseman or a more prolific puck moving forward.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]hes done pretty well there, was this the first game you've watched in a while?
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]
    No, I've watched almost every game this year. Maybe it's just now I'm noticing all the mistakes that are being made now. I don't think he has been playing the point on pp that long has he?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

This is just horrible coaching. Fortunately they haven't had many power plays. They have plenty of D that can man the point...Chara, Seideberg, Kampfer, Boychuk. To put a fossil like Recchi who has no shot at all out there is sad. But that's Clod solution to the PP. How about moving the puck around. Every team seems to have a more organized PP.  The Bruins just stand around and play with the puck in the corner. I mean Chara has a 105 mph shot and he almost never gets a shot on net. You would think teams would overplay him and guys would be open down low....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]Give CJ some credit for trying something different, kind out of the TB playbook with St. Louis manning the point.  Hasn't looked good, and agree with OP's observation about his inability to get to pucks or keep them in.

CJ should just put Chara in front of the net. Anyone remember Ottawa using this strategy with some success? Anybody notice how successful Frentzen has been in doing this his entire career thus far? We have the biggest guy in the league with the hardest shot in the league... If he's not gonna blast it from the point then plant him right in front!

Seguin & Marchand in my opinion, should be tried on the PP. I can see Seguin on the half wall. Maybe it would help him develop some patience with the puck and Marchand, well he's just a bulldog and I think he deserves it!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

Not sold on this experiment.