Recchi Redemption?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Recchi Redemption?

Mark is on pace for 14 goals so at the price that PC got him for and how he plays in the playoffs I hope this helps him pick it up the rest of the season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

The title of this thread is the exact thing I was thinking when he scored. 

If team doctors could put Recchi's brain into Wheeler's body, they would create a dominant player.  Recchi's old body with Wheeler's brain would be hard pressed to hold a roster spot in the ECHL.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Re: Recchi Redemption?:
    Mark is on pace for 14 goals so at the price that PC got him for and how he plays in the playoffs I hope this helps him pick it up the rest of the season.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

I'd be happy with 15-20.  What did he have last year, 20?  Even though he is still way to slow, he shows something to the younger guys, that he'd go through a wall to score.  He could easily be sitting around a pool  right now counting his money, but instead he stands in front of a hockey net and gets punished nightly.  Not sure I would!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

The title of this thread is the exact thing I was thinking when he scored.  If team doctors could put Recchi's brain into Wheeler's body, they would create a dominant player.  Recchi's old body with Wheeler's brain would be hard pressed to hold a roster spot in the ECHL.
    Posted by Mutant211

LOL  So true.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

another example of logically looking at recchi's contribution vs his pay.  that's all the game is about these days.  despite his age, his overall contribution exceeds his salary.  the kicker in todays game, is icing a group that can do that over the long haul.  our goalies, our defense and our marginal forwards have exceeded expectation all year.  time for the big earners to step up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

My only question/complaint about Recchi this season is why would CJ have him on the PK? He's perfect for third line and PP duty.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Recchi Redemption? : What did he have last year, 20?  Even though he is still way to slow, he shows something to the younger guys, that he'd go through a wall to score.  Posted by scooter244

Mark scored 18 goals last year and what you mentioned makes me be patient with Recchi when he goes through stretches of anonymity.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I was explaining why I don't want Recchi in our top 9 last night right before he scored the GWG.  I then had to admit that he is truly our best net-front player IMO.  LOL @ Me.

It did get me thinking though.  If he really is as good in front of the net as I think he is, shouldn't he be paired with linemates who shoot more often?  I would really like to see Marchand stick to Bergie's hip and when Horton gets back, I would like to see either him, or the player he displaces from the krejci line, moved onto Bergy's line.  The more I think about it, Campbell and Thornton take alot of shots and many bring rebounds.  I think he belongs on the 4th line or maybe even IR ('Hammy') until 10 games befor the playoffs.  I do understand he has pride and in reality the IR thing wouldn't go over well, so again the 4th line could work.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Ive been saying all along that he should be used on 3rd-4th line duty with plenty of PP time and Offensive zone faceoffs.... It works but he isnt fast enough anymore to chase wingers up and down the wall.

But you put him infront of the net its awesome, always enjoyable to watch a great person/athlete do what they do best.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

REX performs every night as well as he can, and last nite his perseverence showed. However, he should be on the 4th line and the PP. His overall performance is dismal and wheeler and Lucic should be taking his place in front of the net, but, they cannot seem to hack it as well as Rex. Other concerns, not complaints. Peter needs to do his job and weed out the failures like Ryder, Wheeler, and Boychuck. Claude needs to move Rex to the 4th line, and giving Bergie Horton or Seguin would be a good move. Claude is going nowhere as the Lewis ghost is too evident. Would love to see Caron and Arneil up with the Bruins, and Bartkowski did not look too out of place, just nervous.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruin1972. Show Bruin1972's posts

another example of logically looking at recchi's contribution vs his pay.  that's all the game is about these days.  despite his age, his overall contribution exceeds his salary.  the kicker in todays game, is icing a group that can do that over the long haul.  our goalies, our defense and our marginal forwards have exceeded expectation all year.  time for the big earners to step up.
    Posted by stevegm

Well said. I totally agree.

Sections
Shortcuts