recchin ball's 'a' goes to...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

recchin ball's 'a' goes to...

andrew ference.  debate all you want, but the tree hugger gets my vote.  all he did was turn the tide in each of the 7 game series. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Re: recchin ball's 'a' goes to...

In Response to recchin ball's 'a' goes to...:
    [QUOTE]andrew ference.  debate all you want, but the tree hugger gets my vote.  all he did was turn the tide in each of the 7 game series. 
    Posted by Karl-Hungus[/QUOTE]

Good thread! 
    Thornton.   NAS?  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Lucic

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Really good question...

Ference
    Lucic
    Horton
    Seidenberg
    Krejci

All seem like reasonable choices.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I think it'll go to a young power forward.  I can see either Lucic or Horton being named an alternate next season. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: recchin ball's 'a' goes to...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to recchin ball's 'a' goes to... : Good thread!  Thornton.   NAS?  
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]

Since he is such a cheerleader and spends a lot more time off the ice than on it, they can give Thornton the all black pom pons.  They reserve those for the big time cheerleaders, ya know.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Ference for sure.  He's been here for 5 seasons, and had a STELLAR post season.  Ive been a supporter of his before he came here and while he was getting blasted on this board constantly.  Ference is a SOLID stay at home d-man who plays with a TON of grit and heart, plus he is a 12 year veteran of the NHL.  That right there says a lot.  He was made in the mold of a Bruin. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: recchin ball's 'a' goes to... : Since he is such a cheerleader and spends a lot more time off the ice than on it, they can give Thornton the all black pom pons.  They reserve those for the big time cheerleaders, ya know.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

You're brutal.  Can't find a kind word for the guy? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from legolaspinkerton. Show legolaspinkerton's posts

I don't see leadership from Lucic at all. This isn't really a knock on him, he just seems like the high-when-he's-happy-but-crumbles-when-he's-sad type to me.

Ference and Seidenberg seem like the likely candidates to me, with Horton also a possiblity.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: recchin ball's 'a' goes to... : Since he is such a cheerleader and spends a lot more time off the ice than on it, they can give Thornton the all black pom pons.  They reserve those for the big time cheerleaders, ya know.

I wasn't being totally facetious, mostly but not totally.  Got to give him some credit.  Players have discussed his leadership skills, and things did change when he came in.  Trouble is he may be hard pressed to make the team. 
    I gave him absolutely no credit before the the finals.  I have to give him some now.  He played hard and wasn't a liability out there.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Lucic, Horton, Seids, and Ference seem like the likley candidates to me. Who knows though.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]I don't see leadership from Lucic at all. This isn't really a knock on him, he just seems like the high-when-he's-happy-but-crumbles-when-he's-sad type to me. Ference and Seidenberg seem like the likely candidates to me, with Horton also a possiblity.
    Posted by legolaspinkerton[/QUOTE]

Spent a lot of time in the locker room, at team meetings, on the place, at practices etc?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: recchin ball's 'a' goes to... : You're brutal.  Can't find a kind word for the guy? 
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

As if the goon is going to get the "A".

(Love the Recchi quote!  I laughed when I heard it live.)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Just my opinion, but I would go with a 'strategy'.  The 'a' gives you the right to talk to the ref, so I would want to be sure that I would have a 'c' or 'a' out there for as much time as I could, so I'd give it to the next big minute defenseman other than Chara who is not paired with Chara.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

^^^^ that's why sides doesn't get it since he's paired w/ z.  campbell had the 2nd 'a' when bergy was hurt iirc. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Just my opinion, but I would go with a 'strategy'.  The 'a' gives you the right to talk to the ref, so I would want to be sure that I would have a 'c' or 'a' out there for as much time as I could, so I'd give it to the next big minute defenseman other than Chara who is not paired with Chara.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

While the rule exists, they don't really enforce it too much.  I can recall a time in Game 6 or 7 where Thornton was at the ref circle talking to one of them.

Also, I don't think the B's follow this strategy.  Recchi and Bergeron were both alternates and on the same line all year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

No one has mentioned Kreji, the man with speed, passing and soft hands. IMO the C would go to Kreji or Seidenberg. I agree some with the Ference supporters, but he also makes a number of mistakes and has one year left on his contract. Campbell could also be an option as he is very smart. Both he and Kelly are in the Julien mold of smart and tough. Looch and Horton are good performers, but not necessarily leaders.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Has to be Ference. 

Based on age, veteran status, service with team, role on team, etc, it wouldn't make sense to have it be anyone else. Lucic is too young (Bergeron's the exception and the definition of a leader), Krejci seems too quiet, Horton -- as much as the guys rallied around him, I would be shocked; actually quite surprised how many people raised his name. Thornton I think has a shot, but he's not a guarantee to be in the lineup, so probably not. Other than that only Seidenberg is left but he hasn't been here as long so Andy Ference, come on down!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: recchin ball's 'a' goes to... : While the rule exists, they don't really enforce it too much.  I can recall a time in Game 6 or 7 where Thornton was at the ref circle talking to one of them. Also, I don't think the B's follow this strategy.  Recchi and Bergeron were both alternates and on the same line all year.

Yeah, you're right, I can't remember that rule really being enforced at all in recent memory (last few seasons).

I wonder if they can sew an 'A' on TT's jersey and not extend the talking to the ref privilege to him?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: recchin ball's 'a' goes to... : Yeah, you're right, I can't remember that rule really being enforced at all in recent memory (last few seasons). I wonder if they can sew an 'A' on TT's jersey and not extend the talking to the ref privilege to him?
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

It's in the rules that the goaltender cannot be captain or alternate.  Luongo's disaster was the last I think.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

The C or A can come off the bench to chat with the Refs if needed...it's in their rights, so doesn't matter what position or line the player is on. I agree with the sentiment that Ference could be the guy and that would be great.

Don't laugh, but depending on how things shake out during the summer, I wouldn't be surprised if CJ went with Savard or Ryder. Sometimes it's more about the vets. Captain aside, the A patch doesn't really matter in terms of leadership...it's more of a tactical need. Chris Kelly maybe? Greg Campbell? Any would be fine...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Campbell's already warn it when Bergy was hurt. He's a character player for the team, so he may be the choice going forward.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Ference used to wear it a lot too.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I think Lucic might be a little immature for the A just yet. I'd like to see it on DK, but my guess would be Ference.  He is high on the pecking order.  If you watched the order of raising the Stanley Cup, he was after Z,Recchi,PB and Thomas.  That tells you he is the next most respected player on the team.  I don't think Horton is a good fit, he has his mental downtimes.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]... Ference.  He is high on the pecking order.  If you watched the order of raising the Stanley Cup, he was after Z,Recchi,PB and Thomas.  That tells you he is the next most respected player on the team.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

Kaberle was very close to the front also, so I'm not sure how much water this theory holds.