Recent Draft Preview From Hockey's Future

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Recent Draft Preview From Hockey's Future

Nothing particularly new here but it does have a post development camp take on all of the recent draft picks. You guys can find out how close BadHab was with his camp analysis.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/110813/2014-nhl-draft-boston-bruins-draft-review/#more-110813

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Re: Recent Draft Preview From Hockey's Future

It'll sure be interesting to see what he can do at the main camp. 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Kinda tough for hockey future to put there probability "7.5 B" ranking on prospects right after the draft. Always puzzled HF doesn't update during the season, to gauge how their writers perceive the progress of the prospect is going.

Typically there 8.0 ratings do turn out to make their NHL teams. Some NHL teams websites follow HF team prospect position rankings, those are usually real close.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Man, I'm still fired up about the Donato pick.  I would think the B's would want someone who has one goal and one goal only:  Play in the NHL.

Donato is going spend next year goofing off in (comparatively speaking) low level hockey, then he's off to college for at least a year.  I hate it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I hope Donato picks the USHL. 

I know very little about this league other then it's considered the top junior league in the States.

It should be a step up in his development.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Keith Gretzky as scout.....too bad it wasn't his brother.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Keith Gretzky as scout.....too bad it wasn't his brother.

If he could scout like he played........I agree.

If he scouts like he coached.........yuck.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

haha....always felt bad for Keith. Talk about unreal expectations. Buffalo never gave him a chance

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

I hope Donato picks the USHL. 

I know very little about this league other then it's considered the top junior league in the States.

It should be a step up in his development.

Agreed.  Donato MUST pick the USHL.  If he doesn't, it's a joke.  He has a clear choice and an offer there.  If he turns it down to try to blow away prep kids at the Dexter School for another year, then he doesn't seem very committed to getting better and being an NHL player.  I would think that Sweeney and Chiarelli would be very persuasive on this.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah someone call Teddy so he can put the iron to his kids feet!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Agreed.  Donato MUST pick the USHL.  If he doesn't, it's a joke.  He has a clear choice and an offer there.  If he turns it down to try to blow away prep kids at the Dexter School for another year, then he doesn't seem very committed to getting better and being an NHL player.  I would think that Sweeney and Chiarelli would be very persuasive on this.

Interesting point and it makes sense. If I had to guess, he will be in the USHL come fall based on the logic of the argument you provided.

Sections
Shortcuts