Red Rooster

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Red Rooster

Similar to the Bruins jacket during the cup run, or the chan last year, this year they are giving out this t shirt to the player of the game.  Horty obviously had the biggest kok during the Washington game...

Nathan Horton wears the Rooster

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DonBruin. Show DonBruin's posts

Re: Red Rooster

Son, I say, son, if that ain't Rhodes Island Red then it must be Leghorn Cleghorn.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I guess Chara hasn't won it yet, it doesn't look too stretched.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Great googely moogely... that's too ugly for words.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The jacket was cool.  The chain was stupid.  This is worse than the chain.

Let it die.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

i dont mind the idea of awarding something to whatever player had a stellar game.  But this is pretty stupid.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

I would like the idea of passing something around that had some history behind it.  Coming up with a new gimmick each year will get old fast.  But hey, if it helps them win so be it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Rorschach test on Horton's shirt!  My mind is in a bind to explain!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

They were all stupid, but if that jacket somehow added to the bonding that produced a Cup winning team, I welcome the rooster as well. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

They were all stupid, but if that jacket somehow added to the bonding that produced a Cup winning team, I welcome the rooster as well. 

My thoughts too Fletch. Who are we to say what's right if it helps bring cohesiveness to the room?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Let it die.

Agree completely. I don't remember even hearing about the jacket or the chain until the playoffs. Maybe this is just a goof to help a friend sell some T-shirts. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

In response to chetgnat's comment:

Let it die.

Agree completely. I don't remember even hearing about the jacket or the chain until the playoffs. Maybe this is just a goof to help a friend sell some T-shirts. 

Don't know when the jacket came into play, but the chain was playoffs only I believe. It had 16 links to symbolize the number of games needed to win the cup. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

ha ha ha , you would think the player that had a bad game would have to wear that!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Rufus604's comment:

Don't know when the jacket came into play, but the chain was playoffs only I believe. It had 16 links to symbolize the number of games needed to win the cup. 

The jacket was around in the regular season too.  But the problem with this stuff is when all of us pick up on it and make a big deal about it, and then they start selling them in the stores, and then every tool with a pink hat runs out to get a rooster shirt, and the local news does some campy feature on it, and then it just becomes tired and annoying.  Like 'Tessie'.  

Its their locker room thing and is kind of a shame that we're even aware of it.  Who cares?  None of our business really, and if they have locker room rituals that bring comradery and some levity to the grind of the short season, good for them.  Embarassed that I care enough to comment...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It should be their business only, Fletch, but when they're wearing the stupid stuff in interviews, it's not really behind closed doors.  I remember seeing Kelly wearing the chain in a press conference interview last year.  How gay.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

It should be their business only, Fletch, but when they're wearing the stupid stuff in interviews, it's not really behind closed doors.  I remember seeing Kelly wearing the chain in a press conference interview last year.  How gay.

I know, they're inviting the attention on some level.  Just had a moment of clarity while posting  and wondered 'why the f*#( am I even commenting on this...?'  I'm out. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

My thoughts too Fletch. Who are we to say what's right if it helps bring cohesiveness to the room?

Exactly dez.  If if works for the purpose the Bruins want from it I say good.  What's scary is the thought it was an article of clothing actually for sale somewhere.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Exactly dez.  If if works for the purpose the Bruins want from it I say good.  What's scary is the thought it was an article of clothing actually for sale somewhere.

I hear you RHO. Not only is it sold but odds are there's somebody in the world that bought it and can't wait to show it off. Different strokes I guess.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

How about we go with a Davey Crocket coonskin hat that I got from the Salvation Army store in 1959?

We can dye it black and gold.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts