Red Wings next!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

Red Wings next!

Well this will be litmus paper test for the Bruins. Playing a more mature, experience and fearless team. Detroit is probably the most discipline team in the league and hard to get under their skin. The Bruins will need to counter tack with discipline hockey and stay out of the sin bin.

I would like to see what Rask can do against a team of this caliber, and put Caron in Poulit spot for another test. I know it is risky but why not.

The KHL all three will need to show up for this gm. this will be Horton and Krejci time to shine. All four lines will have to play 100% hockey to defeat the the Wings.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Re: Red Wings next!

Bring them on ....and let Pouliot in , he will score agaisnt the Wings ...

5-2 Bruins ...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

MR.BERTUZZI kill us last time we played them lay a few in to him

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

This one leaves me a bit uneasy. The Bruins are due for a loss and the Wings are good. They gave us a lot of trouble in the two games we played them last year. I'm going to say 3-2 in a shootout, could go to either team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from anddebbv. Show anddebbv's posts

if the bruins play there game of hockey ,they will knock off the red wings  6-1 , wasnt to impressed watching calgary an detroit last nite any body can win if your 2 men down ,for taking 2 stupid penatiles play tim thomas an lets beat the s hit outta the wings go bruins go

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=602969

"None of the Bruins is younger than 19-year old Tyler Seguin, but the way he’s played may indicate there isn’t a Boston player as naturally gifted either. Seguin has scored eight goals and recorded five assists in his past 10 games and has already potted 12 goals and racked up 11 assists in 20 games.

To put that into perspective, Seguin – the No. 2 overall pick in the 2010 NHL Draft – had just 11 goals and 22 points in 74 games as a rookie last season.

Slowing him down will be key for the Red Wings, but so will finding ways to defend Milan Lucic (eight goals and eight assists), Patrice Bergeron (four goals and 12 assists), Zdeno Chara (three goals and 12 assists), Brad Marchand (seven goals and nine assists) and Chris Kelly (seven goals and seven assists) – just to name a few good point producers.

And that’s skipping over the outstanding work of both Thomas and backup Tukka Rask in net.

“You know their weapons,” Howard said. “You know they’ve got great goalies and they got one of the best defenseman in the game in Zdeno Chara. Up front they work hard and have a lot of big bodies and they will take the puck hard to the net. It’s going to be a challenge for sure.”

http://redwings.nhl.com/club/schedule.htm

Very streaky team these Red Wings are, start the season with 5 wins followed by a 6 game losing streak but it looks like they have gotten it together now. I like it when the Bruins play tough teams from the west wish there were more of it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

The Wings are 8-2 at home....The Bruins and the Wings have just about identical goals F and goals A. The Wings will be gauging themselves against the Stanley Cup Champs. That being said. The Bruins this year have shown no quit in them and lot's of grit. If the D men can move the puck out of our end quick enough, the Bruins with either Rask or Thomas should win against Howard and the Wings.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I think that Boston is the litmus test for Detroit, they are the champs afterall.  I do hate games against the Red Wings though... they always seem tough for the Bruins.  Them and the Sharks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In Response to Re: Red Wings next!:
    I think that Boston is the litmus test for Detroit, they are the champs afterall.  I do hate games against the Red Wings though... they always seem tough for the Bruins.  Them and the Sharks.
    Posted by OatesCam

The B's are the hunted champions and NHL = Parity. I have Center Ice and am stunned at the performances of some the previous door mats vs the so called powerhouses.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

I see this going a lot like the Carolina game.  Bruins get frustrated with the Wings, get rough with them, Detorit doesn't respond, Bruins spend most of the night in the box, playing from behind

.....not be a downer or anything

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

Afternoon Game ... not good for the B's

They seldom do well in these games

Prove Me Wrong Yet Again ... just like Benoit Pouliot did

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Afternoon Game ... not good for the B's They seldom do well in these games Prove Me Wrong Yet Again ... just like Benoit Pouliot did
    Posted by LordByron77

My favourite regular season game last year was probably against Dallas and it was an afternoon match. You're right though, I've seen more afternoon stinkers than I have barn-burners.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Let's hope that both Kreji and Bergeron are in peak form as Detroit is always a difficult team. Last year the Bruins were "schooled" by the Red Wings in all areas of the ice, particularly patience and control. IMO this is a better Bruins team than the CUP winner. I would prefer to see Caron replacing Pouliot, but, since Claude has had Caron sitting, the pressure may be too much to expect a solid performance. Also, it may be more realistic to see if Pouliot can perform against a very solid opponent. Should be fun to watch

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

If last years losses to Detroit taught Boston anything, it was how to enter the offensive zone

The Wings put on a clinic on how to pass and skate through the neutral zone to get great offensive rushes.  And from that point on, last season to now, the Bruins seem to have steadily improved in that area, abandoning the constant, dump, chase, lose the puck up ice, try it again mentaility they seemed to be stuck in the first half of last season

Hopefully they have also figured out a way to slow it down defensively as well

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Prove Me Wrong Yet Again ... just like Benoit Pouliot did Posted by LordByron77

Because Benoit scored a shootout goal ?

Sections
Shortcuts