Red Wings; young and fragile

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Red Wings; young and fragile

I think last night we saw what happens with young teams in the playoffs.  I've never seen a Detroit team react like they did last night.  Clearly the Bruins were in their head after the first period.  Detroit looked intimidated and defeated.

I said we'd probably know in 5 or 6 games.  I think we found out last night.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

Re: Red Wings; young and fragile

I agree they looked like deer caught in the headlights. That first period especially was a case of shock and awe.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from socca10. Show socca10's posts

It must be frustrating to play the Bruins. And certainly in the last 2 games, the B's have figured out how to smother the Wings. In the first period the Bruins were ferocious and the Wings timid. Bad turnovers, sloppy play, very little aggression...and then when they finally turned it up in the second and parts of the third, the Bruins simply absorbed and responded. 

The onion-like defense has been stifling, and Rask has been outstanding for the few breakdowns.

The B's have figured out that the Wings don't have a dump-and-chase game, so they simply stack up at the blue line and invite the puck-carrier to try to get through, which turns most of the Red Wings' attacks into a 1v4. I'd expect Detroit to adapt, but then I expected them to adapt last night and they didn't.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to socca10's comment:

It must be frustrating to play the Bruins. And certainly in the last 2 games, the B's have figured out how to smother the Wings. In the first period the Bruins were ferocious and the Wings timid. Bad turnovers, sloppy play, very little aggression...and then when they finally turned it up in the second and parts of the third, the Bruins simply absorbed and responded. 

The onion-like defense has been stifling, and Rask has been outstanding for the few breakdowns.

The B's have figured out that the Wings don't have a dump-and-chase game, so they simply stack up at the blue line and invite the puck-carrier to try to get through, which turns most of the Red Wings' attacks into a 1v4. I'd expect Detroit to adapt, but then I expected them to adapt last night and they didn't.

The Bruins are the Predisent's Trophy winner.  The Wings made the playoffs because the Leafs lost their last 25 games (an exageration, but I'm not going to check the actual Leafs' record).  Despite Soxfan's analysis of the Wings, they're not that good.

***Follow Fluto on twitter.  He's awesome.***

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

This is by no means over yet. Despite dominant Position and location advantage they stay close. We cannot let up on them in any way. This Detroit team is playing better than it has been all year and will only get better. Hopefully Bergy gets over his stomach problem as he obviously is not playing 100% out there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to NBbruinsfan's comment:

This is by no means over yet. Despite dominant Position and location advantage they stay close. We cannot let up on them in any way. This Detroit team is playing better than it has been all year and will only get better. Hopefully Bergy gets over his stomach problem as he obviously is not playing 100% out there.

If they're playing better than they have been all year, why do they have two goals in three games?  This is 100% over.  The B's, the #1 team in the NHL, are playing to their ability.  Sorry for all Detroit fans and people afraid to be happy, but the B's are clearly the much better team and the scoreboard clearly shows that.

Come on Boston fans!  Thump your chest like Lucic and get some balls.  Stop being so cautionary.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

The Bruins are the Predisent's Trophy winner.  The Wings made the playoffs because the Leafs lost their last 25 games (an exageration, but I'm not going to check the actual Leafs' record).  Despite Soxfan's analysis of the Wings, they're not that good.

100% correct.  They just simply aren't that good.  They're better than many teams, but not near the elite of the league.  Unlike Boston.  Which is the elite of the league.  Bunch of babies, afraid to be confident...just...in...case.

Come on.  

Who's the worse fan? 

1.  The guy who runs around telling everyone how awesome his favorite team is.

2.  The guy who is afraid to be confident because, you know, they might lose.

Bruins in 5!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

The Bruins are showing why they are the Presidents trophy winners,they've shown it all season and they are showing why in the playoffs.The B's are deeper and have better goaltending and that is showing as well. If the B's keep playing like this and i think they will,they will beat the Wings in 5 games,i said before the series it would be 4 games but the Bruins came out tentative in the 1st game and we saw what happened,it won't happen again.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Red Wings were all over the Bruins during the second half of the 2nd period and most of the 3rd period. The Bruins will get through this round but it will be no cake walk.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Red Wings were all over the Bruins during the second half of the 2nd period and most of the 3rd period. The Bruins will get through this round but it will be no cake walk.

They were all over them.  And what was the result?  Zero goals.

Cake Walk to Montreal.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from socca10. Show socca10's posts

I sort of agree with the point that nobody should get complacent... that is, nobody who plays for the Bruins should get complacent. But I don't think they will, this team already seems more focused than last year (or in 2011, when making the SCF was closer to pipe dream than certainty).

I counted two posts, a couple missed chances (bad shots) and about 5 blatant interference calls not made last night. I'd say the Wings were fortunate not to have been blown out of the building.

At no point did I think the Bruins were in trouble, even when Detroit pushed back. I thought defensively and in goal the Bruins looked pretty calm and always in position. Case in point, the Abdelkader chance in the third: Rask snuffed out his first chance, and then Krug covered behind Rask for the follow-up. 

The Bruins are in synch, and that does not bode well for the rest of the East.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]

But all Red Wings is doing is slapping shot at goalie where the Bruins are spending time to push Red Wings away front of the Goalie.  It worked out for the Bruins.   Since Bruins have 2-0 ahead, and they knew the Red Wing need to play aggressive in some part of the games while the Bruins are saving their energy for the third period.  Bruins should had like three goals in the third period including Brad Manchard missed an easy wide open goal.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

The B's & Wings both had 12 shots on net in the second and the B's outshot the Wings 11-7 in the third,i don't know about the Wings being all over the B's.The Wings will come out hard next game and it will likely be their best game of the series,if they can tie the series up then it could get tougher but the B's can get better too.Time will tell but as i said,the Bruins are deeper.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to socca10's comment:

I sort of agree with the point that nobody should get complacent... that is, nobody who plays for the Bruins should get complacent.

I counted two posts, a couple missed chances (bad shots) and about 5 blatant interference calls not made last night. I'd say the Wings were fortunate not to have been blown out of the building.

At no point did I think the Bruins were in trouble, even when Detroit pushed back. [/QUOTE]

Delusional if you think the Bruins weren't on their heels for long parts of the game. If the Bruins finished their multiple odd man rushes they would have blown the Red Wings last night.

In Tuukka I trust and he saved the Bs bacon last night.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

The Wings will come out hard next game and it will likely be their best game of the series,if they can tie the series up then it could get tougher but the B's can get better too.Time will tell but as i said,the Bruins are deeper.

That's right the Bs have more depth and are healthier. All that said Detroit could still tie the series even know the Bruins by far the better team.

KIL line needs to wake up!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Howard played one of his better games of the season last night and that still wasn't enough. Datsyuk is one of the best players in the world, but him and his linemates are having a real tough time with Chara. I don't see that changing. B's are too good for them.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

Detroit Notes:

Datsyuk, Alfredsson and Kronwall not practicing today.
    Datsyuk’s return tomorrow pending doctor visit.
    Zetterberg skating hard today. Looks like he's very close to returning.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Detroit Notes:

I read somewhere that Datsyuk & Kronwall's wives are both expecting or are delivering babies right now and both players were with their wives.Datsyuk has a sore knee? Who know's. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Detroit Notes:

All the more reason the Bruins need to start finishing when they have multiple odd man rushes during a game.

Very True. We need to get the KIL line going and put these guys away. Don't give them any reason to think they can play with us.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

All the more reason the Bruins need to start finishing when they have multiple odd man rushes during a game.

They score three times and the other team scored zero.

That's enough to be awarded the victory.

And that's the goal, right?  The goal was to win and they did.  Would it have been different if they had score more goals?  Nope.  The NHL doesn't award "More Win" for blowouts.

This is like mattbsinnewjersey stuff.  Writing stuff today so tomorrow you can say, "I told you so!"

BRUIN IN 5 on cake!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from socca10. Show socca10's posts

Delusional if you think the Bruins weren't on their heels for long parts of the game. If the Bruins finished their multiple odd man rushes they would have blown the Red Wings last night.

In Tuukka I trust and he saved the Bs bacon last night.

I'm not delusional at all. Why is it that people think that if the opponent crosses the blue line, then the B's didn't dominate? I totally expect any team to have offensive zone time occasionally... even the Panthers, Sabres, and Islanders can create offensive chances, score goals, and win games. Nobody is saying otherwise. But the Bruins defensive system is solid and the team is totally in synch. Even when Detroit was pushing hard, I never felt the Bruins were in trouble. I stand by that: the game never felt in jeopardy to me. Would that have changed if Detroit snuck a goal in? Sure. But they didn't, the Bruins were in their faces -- even when backed up against the B's goal.

The Wings were making mistakes all over the ice on Tuesday, the Bruins weren't. I expect the Wings to throw the kitchen sink at the B's tonight because they know this is a must-win for them. I also expect the Bruins to weather the storm and find a way to win because my ESPN tells me they're locked in. :)

• You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Just read Zetterberg will likely be playing tonight.  Should be interesting to see how effective he will be.  Bruins will have a target on him every time he takes a shift.

Zetterberg at 80% will make them better but it will not be good enough.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Zetterberg is aiming for the second round,Zetterberg is aiming for late in the series,Zetterberg is in for game 4.Oh the joys of playoff hockey,desperate times lead to desperate measures.

• Sections
    Shortcuts