Red Wings; young and fragile

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Re: Red Wings; young and fragile

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Zetterberg is aiming for the second round,Zetterberg is aiming for late in the series,Zetterberg is in for game 4.Oh the joys of playoff hockey,desperate times lead to desperate measures.

Seriously. Do you think they will pair his line with the Lucic-Krejci-Iginla line? If so, bad move, Lucic and Iginla will ruin him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Why is it that people think that if the opponent crosses the blue line, then the B's didn't dominate?"

Yah that is how the Red Wings made the playoffs, with all their man games lost, by getting across the blueline and getting dominated...Great observation! 2-0 with an empty net goal is not domination, take your black n gold goggles off.

Datsyuk, Alfredsson, Zetterberg and Kronwall playing at 50%, %60 or 80% are not, by any means, a cake walk. Any other observation is homerism. The Bruins didn't finish them off with plenty of chances.

Confidence is fine as long as it isn't looking through a glass bong!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

Zetterberg is aiming for the second round,Zetterberg is aiming for late in the series,Zetterberg is in for game 4.Oh the joys of playoff hockey,desperate times lead to desperate measures.

Seriously. Do you think they will pair his line with the Lucic-Krejci-Iginla line? If so, bad move, Lucic and Iginla will ruin him.

Who knows,i guess they figure a rusty Zetterberg is better than what has been playing in his spot.You would think with the doctors giving the go ahead that he will be able to withstand the pounding but how effective he is will be the question.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

"Why is it that people think that if the opponent crosses the blue line, then the B's didn't dominate?"

Yah that is how the Red Wings made the playoffs, with all their man games lost, by getting across the blueline and getting dominated...Great observation! 2-0 with an empty net goal is not domination, take your black n gold goggles off.

Datsyuk, Alfredsson, Zetterberg and Kronwall playing at 50%, %60 or 80% are not, by any means, a cake walk. Any other observation is homerism. The Bruins didn't finish them off with plenty of chances

Confidence is fine as long as it isn't looking through a glass bong

San, the Bruins soundly outplayed the Wings last game and barely gave Detroit a scoring chance. Outplaying an injured team is still outplaying them.

Also I don't understand this - they had plenty of chances to finish them off but the pucks didn't go in - isn't that another sign of outplaying them? Outchancing them?

Did Canada dominate the US when they beat them 1-0? The score doesn't tell the whole story.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:

San, the Bruins soundly outplayed the Wings last game and barely gave Detroit a scoring chance. Outplaying an injured team is still outplaying them.

Also I don't understand this - they had plenty of chances to finish them off but the pucks didn't go in - isn't that another sign of outplaying them? Outchancing them?

Did Canada dominate the US when they beat them 1-0? The score doesn't tell the whole story.

If somebody wants to take the cautious approach,then fine,but i agree with nrguy,the score didn't reflect the story,could have been 5 or 6 nothing when the 2 posts were added in.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Bertuzzi in Jurco's place.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:

Confidence is fine as long as it isn't looking through a glass bong

San, the Bruins soundly outplayed the Wings last game and barely gave Detroit a scoring chance. Outplaying an injured team is still outplaying them. Also I don't understand this - they had plenty of chances to finish them off but the pucks didn't go in - isn't that another sign of outplaying them? Outchancing them?

Did Canada dominate the US when they beat them 1-0? The score doesn't tell the whole story. No Canada won 1-0. US scores with 2 seconds left tie score, there goes your domination.

Myself a and a ton of other Bruins saw the same thing. Tuukka with held a very feisty Red Wing team in game 3. The Bruins missed opportunities that they will not get away with against better teams.

Some sports fans see what they want to see.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Myself a and a ton of other Bruins saw the same thing. Tuukka with held a very feisty Red Wing team in game 3. The Bruins missed opportunities that they will not get away with against better teams.

Some sports fans see what they want to see.

Yep.  I saw the offense score three goals and the defense and goalie shut down any opposition scoring.

So...what else do you want?  LOL

Bruins:  52

Detroit -17

(The score doesn't tell the story.  Detroit had a lot of scoring opportunities.)

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

The Bruins dominated the wings for the first half for sure. The red wings showed more fight in the second half. The last few minutes or so Rask made some nice saves to keep the lead for us. Over all we beat them by keeping them from getting close to crease, not giving them much to shot at.

But even when you do that and you only have a goal or two lead, one good play or mistake can tie it all up and you have to fight for a win. In 2012 was Washington the better team. No but they still came away with the series.

Domination over the other team does not win games. Scoring more than the other team does.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If somebody wants to take the cautious approach

I'll take the cautious approach. The Red Wings are good but the Bruins are better, not cake walk better.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I'll take the cautious approach. The Red Wings are good but the Bruins are better, not cake walk better.

I get where your coming from San but its ok to not look for warts,the B's played a great game,were they perfect,no,but pretty darn close.The Wings brought it a bit with their 5 on 3 and thats understandable because they were running out of time and were down 2 goals.Tuukka himself said the d played great and he wasn't tested that much.Game 4 will be a tough game to win as the Wings will bring their best to prevent being down 3 to 1 and going back to Boston,that being said the Bruins have a good chance to win it if they just stay the course and play their game.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

I'll take the internet tough guy/biased homer approach.

I'm right, you're wrong, I'm smart, your stupid. :-P

Bruins in 5 because they're more dominant!

But in all seriousness, I didn't really feel like the game was at risk. Granted this was through my daughter screaming the 2nd half.  

Cakewalk...yep a Pushover!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonIrishGuy. Show BostonIrishGuy's posts

I knew it ALL ALONG that this Detroit team was SOFT, and they are about as soft as some vanilla ice cream from Friendly's in Charlestown. SOFT! This series is OVAH on Saturday, GUARANTEED. It wont even be close, I fully expect the B's to destroy the Wings in the GAHDEN on Saturday to EMPHATICALLY wrap up the series and get ready for the Scabs next round.  Heck, I wouldn't mind to see ol' LOOCH or Marchand kick one of the Wings players in the balls during the handshake, teach them don't you EVAH mess with the BIG BAD BRUINS again.

Overtime games are a Cakewalk!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

It says Fra gil le, that must mean it's from France.

Bs outplayed them in Game 3 but Game 4 was pretty even. Bs showed some grit coming back.

Is a cakewalk like a moon walk but with cake?

That will work NR LoL

I wouldn't suggest trying it but tequila might help.

Another easy game for Boston.  Detroit can't score more than two goals a game.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I guess the great Gustavsson has been named the Game 5 starter by Babcock,Howard with the flu,which in hockey speak means he got a little concussion on his collision with King Carl.

I guess the great Gustavsson has been named the Game 5 starter by Babcock,Howard with the flu,which in hockey speak means he got a little concussion on his collision with King Carl.

Minus Silly Jimmy, the Hooking 5 will still be able to slow the B's down.  It won't be enough, however.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

hope to see the fork put in them tomorrow afternoon...........and get to the series we all want to see.

• Sections
    Shortcuts