Referees out of control on the face offs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Referees out of control on the face offs

Seriously - what is the deal with the referees waiving people out of face offs?

It must have happened 25 times in this game - I've never seen so many in a single game.

It actually set up the Caps last goal.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Re: Referees out of control on the face offs

It was silly. Just drop the puck!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

OMG I've been screaming all series long !!!!  My wife doesn't get it.
    How many times are the linesmen faking out the centers with the drop, then waving them off and the worst one of them all after they fake dropping it while talking to one center they drop the puck when the player is talking to him and not ready.  WT..F is that ?????   It's not the linesmen against the 2 centers!!!
    Do they get a bonus for fooling the centers ?
    I mean do they want to decide a game on deceiving one of the centers ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I'm glad other people noticed.  I've been yelling about it all series and then I started to think it was just me.

I was thinking:  Did the NHL change the rule and I missed it?

Just drop the puck!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

Typical refs being control freaks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Drop the puck.

Maybe they need certain amount of reps waving guys off.
    Way to be transparent.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

When I saw O'Rourke was calling the game I thought it was over. Not sure how this guy can qualify for the playoffs when he's consistantly terrible during the regular season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In Response to Re: Referees out of control on the face offs:
    [QUOTE]I'm glad other people noticed.  I've been yelling about it all series and then I started to think it was just me. I was thinking:  Did the NHL change the rule and I missed it? Just drop the puck!
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

You are definitely not alone on this it's been driving me crazy all series. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I was wondering if the Bruins were trying to get both guys tossed from the faceoff. They usually have atleast 2 natural centers on the ice at all time, including guys like Lucic and Marchand who can take 'em. This kinda plays to their advantage.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Okay so I wasn't seeing things when I thought I saw the guy drop the puck while talking to one of the players (in game 5).  I'm not sure I ever remember seeing a faceoff that went that way.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Okay so I wasn't seeing things when I thought I saw the guy drop the puck while talking to one of the players (in game 5).  I'm not sure I ever remember seeing a faceoff that went that way.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

Today, on the last PP the Bruins had when the faceoff was just outside the blueline. 
    I think it was Peverley and they waved off a Cap and Brower took the faceoff. 
    Linesmen first fakes the drop, Brower is complaining and while linesman is talking to him drops the no-look drop. 
    Bruins won that faceoff but Brower was furious and I don't blame him/

I like that, I'll call it "the no look drop ".

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Worst officiated series I've seen in years, actually.  Apparently, Washington never commits a penalty and the Bruins commit very obvious penalties, amongst a rash of improper face off tactics.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Referees out of control on the face offs : Today, on the last PP the Bruins had when the faceoff was just outside the blueline.  I think it was Peverley and they waved off a Cap and Brower took the faceoff.  Linesmen first fakes the drop, Brower is complaining and while linesman is talking to him drops the no-look drop.  Bruins won that faceoff but Brower was furious and I don't blame him/ I like that, I'll call it "the no look drop ".  
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    Okay, I'm sure you (and many others here) have watched far more hockey than I have.  Have any of you ever seen something like this before?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Referees out of control on the face offs : Okay, I'm sure you (and many others here) have watched far more hockey than I have.  Have any of you ever seen something like this before?
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

This has been happening now since the return from the lockout, just that it's getting worse and worse.  This series has been the worst though.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Referees out of control on the face offs : Okay, I'm sure you (and many others here) have watched far more hockey than I have.  Have any of you ever seen something like this before?
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]
    I know that there was a league mandate a few years back to have the linesmen get the puck dropped quickly regardless of whether both players are ready. I've actually seen them drop a puck with only 1 guy at the dot because the linesman got tired of waiting for the 2nd center to show up.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Thanks guys.  I guess I'm glad to hear this isn't some sort of new trend.  Maybe it's their way to avoid calling the penalty for a second ejection?  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks guys.  I guess I'm glad to hear this isn't some sort of new trend.  Maybe it's their way to avoid calling the penalty for a second ejection?  
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]
    It's supposed to speed up the game but I'm not seeing it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks guys.  I guess I'm glad to hear this isn't some sort of new trend.  Maybe it's their way to avoid calling the penalty for a second ejection?  
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]
    Here's one for you.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFohc5MA4eE

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

76.3 Procedure – As soon as the line change procedure has been completed by the Referee and he lowers his hand to indicate no further changes, the Linesman conducting the face-off shall blow his whistle. This will signal to both teams that they have no more than five (5) seconds to line up for the ensuing face-off. At the end of the five (5) seconds (or sooner if both centers are ready), the Linesman will conduct a proper face-off. If, however:

(i)  One or both centers are not positioned for the face-off,

(ii)  One or both centers refrain from placing their stick on the ice,

(iii)  Any player has encroached into the face-off circle,

(iv)  Any player makes physical contact with an opponent, or

(v)  Any player who lines up for the face-off in an off-side position,

the Linesman shall have the offending center(s) replaced immediately prior to dropping the puck.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Dropping it when one player is wasting time I understand.  It's the sitting there, both guys at the dot, the official talking to one and making eye contact and dropping the puck while that player is not paying attention that is bizarre to me.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Other then a few calls here or there ( which is normal ) I haven't noticed particularly bad refereeing in this series as some think they have.

I don't think they've done too bad of a job really. A non-factor in deciding the games which is the way it should be.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

Referees are now "faceoff deking."

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE] Other then a few calls here or there ( which is normal ) I haven't noticed particularly bad refereeing in this series as some think they have. I don't think they've done too bad of a job really. A non-factor in deciding the games which is the way it should be.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Maybe you're just used to the horrible officiating as it's been the worst this season that i can remember. I think the linesmen are just following suit. They've stunk too.

I never blame the refs for a loss no matter how bad they were. I prefer to think my team could have done more to make sure a bad call wouldn't result in a loss. But the fact is refs can decide the outcome of a game. You never know if that missed call would have resulted in a goal. Or a bad call that does result in a goal against can certainly be a deciding factor in a game. As far as this series goes, I can't say the refs directly blew it...the closest thing to that would be for those who think the poulliot penalty on saturday was iffy at best. But I've seen many games this season (not just B's games) where the refs probably decided the outcome one way or the other by making a bad call or missing an obvious one. This should never happen.

The officiating, including the linesmen has been beyond atrocious this season. It's like they've decided to be the NBA. I seriously hope the NHL works on this in the offseason. The number of blown or missed calls in unacceptable. They did a better job when there was just one ref on the ice. Let the linesmen consult with the refs and use replay on certain calls. Give the coaches one of the red beanbag things like in the NFL so they can challenge a call. Just fix it!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

They were a few bad calls yesterday alone. The 4 official isn't helping-they all missed the too many men?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]They were a few bad calls yesterday alone. The 4 official isn't helping-they all missed the too many men?
    Posted by 86redsox[/QUOTE]
    What's sad is they didn't "miss it". They caught the too many men and chose not to call it.