Reflective observations & cautious but real optimism

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Reflective observations & cautious but real optimism

1) Fantastic series. Every game so far decided by one goal. Heading into a game 7, that has NEVER happened in NHL history.

2) I was right. This was a tough, possibly fatal (still) match-up for Boston. Don't care what the Sens have done v. the Rangers--Ottawa would have been a much easier opponent for the B's. This is NO EASY SERIES (by now obvious), and a very difficult hump for the B's to get over.

3) I was wrong. I though the B's were over and done today, and never more so than when Ovie scored w/5 mins. left to tie it at 3. Then another X-bar in OT, and I'm thinking: No way this goes Boston's way. Then the Kid shuts me up and has me dancing in my living room. I F--ing LOVE Tyler G--amn M**F**ing Seguin and don't care who knows it.

4) Looch gets a temporary reprieve for what has been a mostly MIA series for him. That was a nice little pass to the Kid to set him free in OT, and makes up for a lot of lackadaisical, I-thought-u-were-a-tuff-guy, why-does-everyone-keep-knocking-you-off-the-puck play. He stiill needs to find another gear in Game 7 and be "the Man" he is supposed to be, especially w/Bergy not 100% and Horton not available.

5) I like Jordan Caron in place of Thornton. Nothing against Thony, but Caron adds more youthful legs, and the potential for more offense, and hopefully, fewer dumb penalties.

6) What exactly has Pouliot done to the refs? I seriously am starting to believe he did it w/one of their sisters and they're out to get him for it. Two games in a row now he's called for marginal penalties in tight games w/time running out. Seriously--you could MAYBE see those calls as OK in a regular season contest--but in NO WAY do either of those calls make any sense in a playoff tie game w/time almost gone. Totally ridiculous and we can only hope it doesn't happen again in game 7.

7) I believe the Bruins will win Game 7. I don't have QUITE the same level of calm certainty as I did heading into Game 7 in Vancouver last year when i KNEW...and I mean absolutely 100% was ASSURED--that the Bruins would be the Stanley Cup Champs at the end of the night, but I do feel they have gotten over a serious hump winning this Game 6 I was totally prepared for them to lose. Feeling good--REALLY GOOD-- about Game 7 now.

Go Bruins!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Re: Reflective observations & cautious but real optimism

and the TT debate will be put on the back burner for at least a few more days....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Reflective observations & cautious but real optimism:
    1) Fantastic series. Every game so far decided by one goal. Heading into a game 7, that has NEVER happened in NHL history. 2) I was right. This was a tough, possibly fatal (still) match-up for Boston. Don't care what the Sens have done v. the Rangers--Ottawa would have been a much easier opponent for the B's. This is NO EASY SERIES (by now obvious), and a very difficult hump for the B's to get over. 3) I was wrong. I though the B's were over and done today, and never more so than when Ovie scored w/5 mins. left to tie it at 3. Then another X-bar in OT, and I'm thinking: No way this goes Boston's way. Then the Kid shuts me up and has me dancing in my living room. I F--ing LOVE Tyler G--amn M**F**ing Seguin and don't care who knows it. 4) Looch gets a temporary reprieve for what has been a mostly MIA series for him. That was a nice little pass to the Kid to set him free in OT, and makes up for a lot of lackadaisical, I-thought-u-were-a-tuff-guy, why-does-everyone-keep-knocking-you-off-the-puck play. He stiill needs to find another gear in Game 7 and be "the Man" he is supposed to be, especially w/Bergy not 100% and Horton not available. 5) I like Jordan Caron in place of Thornton. Nothing against Thony, but Caron adds more youthful legs, and the potential for more offense, and hopefully, fewer dumb penalties. 6) What exactly has Pouliot done to the refs? I seriously am starting to believe he did it w/one of their sisters and they're out to get him for it. Two games in a row now he's called for marginal penalties in tight games w/time running out. Seriously--you could MAYBE see those calls as OK in a regular season contest--but in NO WAY do either of those calls make any sense in a playoff tie game w/time almost gone. Totally ridiculous and we can only hope it doesn't happen again in game 7. 7) I believe the Bruins will win Game 7. I don't have QUITE the same level of calm certainty as I did heading into Game 7 in Vancouver last year when i KNEW...and I mean absolutely 100% was ASSURED--that the Bruins would be the Stanley Cup Champs at the end of the night, but I do feel they have gotten over a serious hump winning this Game 6 I was totally prepared for them to lose. Feeling good--REALLY GOOD-- about Game 7 now. Go Bruins!  
    Posted by TryToBearIt

I think the ref was at a bad angle when he called Pouliot. I'm sure the ref knows he blew the call after seeing replays. Regarding the Bruins, get through this series and they'll have as good a chance as anyone to win it all. It's easy to forget how slim the margin of victory was in round 1 last year too. Cheers! GO BRUINS!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Reflective observations & cautious but real optimism:
    and the TT debate will be put on the back burner for at least a few more days....
    Posted by days-of-Orr

No debate when it comes to Boston needing him to play well in order to win.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

1- fantastic for winning dominating the OT from the puck drop , yes,  hard on the heart yes as for a great series ...... it tends to lean to what you're saying because it'll be a great game 7.

2- I was wrong.  I didn't think the defensive shell would stop the Bruins.

3- I was righe the Bruins would win today. Just no decision on game7. Now , when the OT started today I said whomever wins this OT wins the series.

4- I like how Lucic was playing, would have liked to see more offense from him and driving to the net but he's looked strong on every puck.  I cringe at times in his passing but now he's made 3 great passes for goals.  Seidenberg, Krejci and Seguin.

5- Caron did some good things on the forecheck. I would have liked him on a line with more minutes but right now Julien will not change the lines.  Seguins arrival.

6- Refs saw Pouliots arms go up so they called him on roughing . On the replay it was clear he hit the shoulder pads.  I hope next game we get refs that won't whistle these ticky tacky calls. I 'm hoping for Walkom.

7- OT win will un-ravel the Caps, they'll be to nervous just to sit back and hope to score on a chance or two. They cannot be that patient.
    Bruins will now win game7.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

and BTW BearIt how's  about a pic with your black Lab and a Bruins cap.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

TTBI - I said you wouldn't stray too far.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In Response to Re: Reflective observations & cautious but real optimism : No debate when it comes to Boston needing him to play well in order to win.
    Posted by dezaruchi

which TT has done in all but except for one period thus far this series....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Reflective observations & cautious but real optimism : which TT has done in all but except for one period thus far this series....
    Posted by days-of-Orr

Solid overall so far and his best is likely left to come. TT or Holtby in game 7? I will choose TT everytime.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In Response to Re: Reflective observations & cautious but real optimism : Solid overall so far and his best is likely left to come. TT or Holtby in game 7? I will choose TT everytime.
    Posted by dezaruchi

no argument here....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I don't know guys, Holtby is a real intimitador and TT has been playing sloppy and out of control way to far out of his net.  Throw on top of that, Ovie clearly wants it now and the Caps just play a smarter game.  Think they will ask me to join the broadcast for Game 7 on NBC now??

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

I don't know guys, Holtby is a real intimitador and TT has been playing sloppy and out of control way to far out of his net.  Throw on top of that, Ovie clearly wants it now and the Caps just play a smarter game.  Think they will ask me to join the broadcast for Game 7 on NBC now??
    Posted by RickyHussle

if Eddie O's not up to it you'd fit in nicely....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

Is it me or does this series resemble the Tampa Eastern Final from last playoffs?  A 7 game nail-biter until the end.  Probably the same result this year with another air-tight game from Bruins Wednesday.  2-0 my prediction. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

1) Fantastic series. Every game so far decided by one goal. Heading into a game 7, that has NEVER happened in NHL history. 2) I was right. This was a tough, possibly fatal (still) match-up for Boston. Don't care what the Sens have done v. the Rangers--Ottawa would have been a much easier opponent for the B's. This is NO EASY SERIES (by now obvious), and a very difficult hump for the B's to get over. 3) I was wrong. I though the B's were over and done today, and never more so than when Ovie scored w/5 mins. left to tie it at 3. Then another X-bar in OT, and I'm thinking: No way this goes Boston's way. Then the Kid shuts me up and has me dancing in my living room. I F--ing LOVE Tyler G--amn M**F**ing Seguin and don't care who knows it. 4) Looch gets a temporary reprieve for what has been a mostly MIA series for him. That was a nice little pass to the Kid to set him free in OT, and makes up for a lot of lackadaisical, I-thought-u-were-a-tuff-guy, why-does-everyone-keep-knocking-you-off-the-puck play. He stiill needs to find another gear in Game 7 and be "the Man" he is supposed to be, especially w/Bergy not 100% and Horton not available. 5) I like Jordan Caron in place of Thornton. Nothing against Thony, but Caron adds more youthful legs, and the potential for more offense, and hopefully, fewer dumb penalties. 6) What exactly has Pouliot done to the refs? I seriously am starting to believe he did it w/one of their sisters and they're out to get him for it. Two games in a row now he's called for marginal penalties in tight games w/time running out. Seriously--you could MAYBE see those calls as OK in a regular season contest--but in NO WAY do either of those calls make any sense in a playoff tie game w/time almost gone. Totally ridiculous and we can only hope it doesn't happen again in game 7. 7) I believe the Bruins will win Game 7. I don't have QUITE the same level of calm certainty as I did heading into Game 7 in Vancouver last year when i KNEW...and I mean absolutely 100% was ASSURED--that the Bruins would be the Stanley Cup Champs at the end of the night, but I do feel they have gotten over a serious hump winning this Game 6 I was totally prepared for them to lose. Feeling good--REALLY GOOD-- about Game 7 now. Go Bruins!  
    Posted by TryToBearIt

Agree on all points. Maybe that perfect pass from Lucic will be the thing that gets him going. He's been terrible, really. Done nothing.  Chara has also had a down series for his level of play. Bad penalties, some bad passes, laspses, etc.  Thomas to some degree, except for today when he made some biggies.

I'm a firm believer in that the first rounds are the most difficult, sometimes even more so than a Conf Finals matchup.  I don't know what it is, but it's true. Once the good team gets past that 1st rd, they can get rolling.  It may be tied to the idea that a lower seed feels like it has nothing to lose and plays real loose and easy. I don't know. But, Washington has given the B's all they can handle, that is for sure.

If you look back at the '88 and '90 Cup runs, or even in '91, I am pretty sure the B's 1st rd series were tough. Look at last year with Montreal. 

I thought when Boston hit that post in OT, it was doomsday because that's usually bad luck.    Great win, though.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

Posted by TryToBearIt

Finally! Output from from our core players! Keep it commin'!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I really don't get all the hate for Lucic. He's the only one who was creating any actual offense in games 1-4. He'd make good plays along the wall, come away from the puck and....nothing. Nobody else was open.

He's been far from the no-show others are claiming.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I really don't get all the hate for Lucic. He's the only one who was creating any actual offense in games 1-4. He'd make good plays along the wall, come away from the puck and....nothing. Nobody else was open. He's been far from the no-show others are claiming.
    Posted by asmaha

Agreed and he's always been hitting. He's tied for 5th in hits in the playoffs with 25.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I really don't get all the hate for Lucic. He's the only one who was creating any actual offense in games 1-4. He'd make good plays along the wall, come away from the puck and....nothing. Nobody else was open. He's been far from the no-show others are claiming.
    Posted by asmaha

I agree and he has been applying a solid forecheck all series.  Tonight they practically gave him the puck everytime there was a chase to the corner.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Posted by TryToBearIt

C'mon TTBI, it's been "easy" so far...

Yeah, not what I expected here at all, but I feel confident about game 7 too.  The Bruins seem to have a real habit of playing flat-out bad for stretches, but when they come out of it, they come out of it.

Good post.  I say they leave the slumping behind in game 7 and get it done. Proving beyond the shadow of a doubt that the series was easy and there was never anything to worry about...;)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Posted by asmaha

The only issue I had with Lucic was him skating into the offensive zone and going around the net with the puck . That's what the Cap D wanted, pushing him on the outside till he was cornered and/or lost the puck on a weak pass.  That was in games 1 and 2.
    Now he makes the pass to his other teammates coming in hard.  i.e. Seidenberg's goal yesterday and Krejci , Seguin's goal today.
    He or the coaches made a great adjustment.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

and BTW BearIt how's  about a pic with your black Lab and a Bruins cap.
    Posted by BsLegion

Yeah, it's time. Once the B's win Game 7. New pic to follow, and maybe change my tag line, too.(No longer seems so inpossible, does it?) I agree w/the assesment also about round 1 being the toughest (ask the Rangers). If the B's win Wed. night I would think a repeat is as likely as not.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

We need to be cautious, because Timmy is not the exceptional player we saw last year, and Claude needs to loosen up his tight defense and smother some of those shooters. Recognizing it was a second game in less than 24 hours, but the lack of effort on the 4 minute PP was just poor play. I agree with someone calling out Chara for holding the puck too long. Move it; skate , skate, skate. slow and easy doesn't really help

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In Response to Re: Reflective observations & cautious but real optimism : Solid overall so far and his best is likely left to come. TT or Holtby in game 7? I will choose TT everytime.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Especially seeing it isn't a matinee. I could be wrong on this but I think Timmy hasn't been as sharp in afternoon games. No pregame nap or something.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

We need to be cautious, because Timmy is not the exceptional player we saw last year, and Claude needs to loosen up his tight defense and smother some of those shooters. Recognizing it was a second game in less than 24 hours, but the lack of effort on the 4 minute PP was just poor play. I agree with someone calling out Chara for holding the puck too long. Move it; skate , skate, skate. slow and easy doesn't really help
    Posted by bogie6

Agree on the 4 min. PP which was just painful to watch. Sometimes it seems Chara is trying to be a little too fancy looking for an exceptional shot/pass oppty. when he should just shovel it quickly to the most open player.

BTW, anyone else hoping to see Mottau rather than Corvo for Game 7?

I realize he only played limited mins. yesterday but I like what I saw as far as Mottau getting pucks to the net when he had a chance, and I can't imagine him being a greater risk than Corvo on turning pucks over--Corvo gives away more pucks than Oprah does cars. I hope I'm not jinxing Mottau if he does get the nod, but generally speaking I think he's at least a push if not an upgrade over Corvo on Defense.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

There's really no reason to be too cocky about Wednesday.  The B's have not been playing very well in my mind.  I was blown away yesterday, at how much better, the Caps were, at fighting for pucks.  Our Bruins are supposed to own the corners.  It was a lucky win, and those kind of wins won't continue.  The pp continues to sputter, and that must change.  Physical play needs to be ramped up.  Regardless of the scores, and the fact that 6 games have been played, the B's haven't looked themselves.  They haven't played their kind of game.  The good news, is that the odds are in our favour, of a Bruin breakthrough.

As stated several times here, the first round is a killer.  That's where most upsets are.  Seems the better seeds are more nervous, and it takes a while to adjust, while the lower seeds, enjoy the opportunity, and play loose.
    The Bruins should win, but they really need to play much better to make that happen.  I hate predictors, and making predictions, but the Bruins have used up a ton of overtime karma over the last year.  They really need to get it done in regulation.

Sections
Shortcuts