Refs are biased....FACT!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: Refs are biased....FACT!!

being a habs fan, you would know about embellishing. your real pros.ex.1 -ever watch a yankees game in yankee stadium? please. ex 2-the miami dolphins former head coach don shula was head of the rules committee- and his team was the least penalized team, every year. enough said- keep denying it if it helps you sleep at night. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

penalties given for nothing....boychuk shot follow through(high stick- not a penalty, read the rule book), chara's contact with briere(elbowing-6'9 meets 5'10), too many men on mcquaid(mon series)-not on philly(neither are penalties-read the rule book), horton hooking call before breakaway(lifted the stick, stole the puck)- just to name a few. this does not even take into effect the embelishments of the montreal series- there were a lot of penalties "given for nothing" there. since the chara hit i hold my breath after every big contact- the crack down is on.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadien175. Show Canadien175's posts

In Response to Re: Refs are biased....FACT!!:
    [QUOTE]being a habs fan, you would know about embellishing. your real pros.ex.1 -ever watch a yankees game in yankee stadium? please. ex 2-the miami dolphins former head coach don shula was head of the rules committee- and his team was the least penalized team, every year. enough said- keep denying it if it helps you sleep at night. 
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]
    I think Oats there is mostly right.
    Never seen a Yankee game in thier home town, but I always figured they were winning because the spend a billion or so dollars on talent.
    As for the Dolphins, it stands to reason if one of your people is on the rules committee, the team may have a better understanding, and perhaps even more respect for the rules than other teams. Face it, even the officials don`t know all the rules, the NFL rule book is an encylcopedia.
    Bottom line, chill. Everyone gets upset about specific calls, but over time it`s going to even out.
    Ever wonder why there are so many conspiracy theories and so few conspiracy facts. Kinda makes you wonder doesn`t it! Who`s behind it all!! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

[QUOTE]this entire officiating conspiracy began when big z introduced patch or eddy to the stancion. since that incident, the b's have been "the dirty team", that must be closely monitored. blame this on montreal's influence on the nhl. think about it

That's my perception too adk

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

canadien175...i say "conspiracy", in jest. the fact is officials are influenced by outside factors. i've been an official, and know this to be true. A LOT of politics involved. you have to fall in line with party rules to move up. if you don't blindly agree with the top dogs, you don't move up. PERIOD. even when they are wrong, they all band together to reinforce each others calls. "i saw what you saw".  the very best officials(those in it for the game, not fame and glory), rarely make it to the top, because THEY are unwilling to compromise their values. it's reality, if the league says, watch out for this or that team/call, they had better do it, or risk being replaced by a younger, more easily influenced individual. believe me, the world of sports officiating IS a secret society. they are untouchable. teams don't dare to openly criticize officiating- i wonder why that is? repercussions?    

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

I think emotions do get the best of you but there was some ?????? calls....Krecji getting pulled into the bench by a handful of jersey? whats he suppose to do get pulled in or try to break lose? matching penalty? the campbell call was weak as was the chara, so i can see where emotions,bad calls = "these refs are horrible"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadien175. Show Canadien175's posts

[QUOTE]canadien175...i say "conspiracy", in jest. the fact is officials are influenced by outside factors. i've been an official, and know this to be true. A LOT of politics involved. you have to fall in line with party rules to move up. if you don't blindly agree with the top dogs, you don't move up. PERIOD. even when they are wrong, they all band together to reinforce each others calls. "i saw what you saw".  the very best officials(those in it for the game, not fame and glory), rarely make it to the top, because THEY are unwilling to compromise their values. it's reality, if the league says, watch out for this or that team/call, they had better do it, or risk being replaced by a younger, more easily influenced individual. believe me, the world of sports officiating IS a secret society. they are untouchable. teams don't dare to openly criticize officiating- i wonder why that is? repercussions?    
            OK, but if thats the case, short of a betting scandle, why would the league favor one team over the other. Both Boston and Philly likely have guys the Refs likely haven`t been too crazy about. 
            One thing that does occure to me, is that sport is entertainment. 
    Maybe questionable calls towards the end of a game are more about providing a more exciting product. Not really favoring any one team, just trying to spice it up in general.
            I believe the Refs do try to provide for fairness throughout the game. Equalization calls, Ovy didn`t get the penelaty shot last game, then Washington scored on a five on three. But intentionally trying to throw a game. I hope not. 
            If such was the case, whats the sense in being a sports fan!            

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

[QUOTE]I haven't seen any penalties that were given for nothing.  If you don't want a penalty, don't put your stick on a player above their waste, don't trip, don't interfere.  It's quite simple really.  The habs dove a lot, so you can criticize the refs for not being aware of that, but they aren't trying to help one team over another.  The late penalties are consistent with the Bruins battling to hold off a team challenging late to tie the game.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

Then you didnt see the Bergy PHANTOM high stick call.  You didnt see the Chara hit on Danielle called.  You didnt see the too many men on the ice when it hit McQuaid in the skate called.  You didnt see the NO call when Vancouver had too many men on the ice AND you didnt see the PP Vancouver GOT in OT because Kesler was holding Webers stick and WEBER got called.  Come on man, pay attention, there have been FAR MORE than those too.

Im not saying its a conspiracy, but doesnt ANYONE remember the Campbell emails?  If those comments were in RELEASED EMAILS, what has been said face to face, over the phone and in deleted emails?

Something stinks, whether its from the top down or not, and NOT just in the Boston series.  There have only been a couple games this playoff year that I thought were called well for the whole game.  A majority of games have had consistently bad officiating, or HUGE calls that were incorrect and helped decide the game. or TRIED to help decide the game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I haven't seen any penalties that were given for nothing.  If you don't want a penalty, don't put your stick on a player above their waste, don't trip, don't interfere.  It's quite simple really.  The habs dove a lot, so you can criticize the refs for not being aware of that, but they aren't trying to help one team over another.  The late penalties are consistent with the Bruins battling to hold off a team challenging late to tie the game.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]
    In Chara's defense,I'm not sure how else he could've played Briere though. We all want to see Chara play even more physical but that penalty was a perfect example of what Z gets called for when he's just making a regular hockey play. He has to fear being penalized simply for being so much bigger. I mean,how's he supposed to lay a big hit on a guy Briere's size without getting him up around his head?