Refs Delay of Game Non Call

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Refs Delay of Game Non Call

Yeah.  I hate when refs make mistakes.  The NHL should employ perfect people only.  Or maybe robots?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Definetley no conspiracy. Just a missed call. It happens.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah.  I hate when refs make mistakes.  The NHL should employ perfect people only.  Or maybe robots?

[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm. Robots..... yeah.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

All 4 officials gathered and talked it over, no one must have seen it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wouldn't it be easier to not have the rule unless the player has possession of the puck, so when it happens in our favor and it's not called, the refs don't come off like pathetic, hypocritical morons?

This is not the first time we've seen that. And, usually we get a penalty for it.  It's a stupid rule. There should be possession. I am just pointing out when it's called on you numerous times and then it isn't when it's in your favor, the rule comes off dumber than it reads.

[/QUOTE]

There is no "we" or "our" here that involves you.  Let me help you with the pronouns.

They:  The Boston Bruins and those affiliated with the organization.

I:  You.

We:  All of the people you talk trash about over on the Pats side.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Wouldn't it be easier to not have the rule unless the player has possession of the puck, so when it happens in our favor and it's not called, the refs don't come off like pathetic, hypocritical morons?

This is not the first time we've seen that. And, usually we get a penalty for it.  It's a stupid rule. There should be possession. I am just pointing out when it's called on you numerous times and then it isn't when it's in your favor, the rule comes off dumber than it reads.

[

There is no "we" or "our" here that involves you.  Let me help you with the pronouns.

They:  The Boston Bruins and those affiliated with the organization.

I:  You.

We:  All of the people you talk trash about over on the Pats side.

[/QUOTE] I'll bet your a tiny little nerd that hides behind your key pad.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Missing this call doesn't seem anywhere near as egregious as 4 refs not catching Jesse Winchester with both skates off the ice elbowing Chris Kelly in the head.

Yet Shanny got it right.  Go figure.

As much as I defend referees most times, they should be subject to suspension for pure incompetance.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Big difference between "missed" calls, and those that are "ignored".  Virtually no one expects perfection.  What seems to rankle some, is the refereeing culture in the NHL.  It's not conspiracy, it doesn't mean they're trying to dictated the outcome, but NHL referees consistently operate differently than those in every other pro sport.  Justice is often dispensed per, the score.  Anyone questioning that apparent corporate philosphy, isn't that far out in left field imo.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

steve, wouldn't you say this has changed enormously in the last ten years or so?  The day every Leaf fan feels should live in infamy - Gretzky's high stick on Gilmour - is a good example of where they used to be (if you believe the Leaf fan interpretation).  Fraser didn't call Gretzky for a game misconduct because of the stakes involved in the game and who he'd be tossing out.  That was a black and white rule the way it was being called, but the refs made a situational judgment.  Same game vs. Dallas, they gave a penalty shot on a play that we used to see go for a 2 minute PP when the refs were more variable.  But they called a PS that allowed the Stars to tie the game in the last half of the third period. 

I don't know what Rusty's going on about, but they are making some progress in reducing the "judgment call" factor.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

It happens... wait until Boston plays Montreal.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Definetley no conspiracy. Just a missed call. It happens.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That is a good point and the way it should be, makes more sense and a difference  if the puck is on the ice, then its possession but some that are mere puck off the ice, batting at it to knock it down to get control, is not possession.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Possesion is kind of tricky. What if a guy just goes up to the puck and slaps it into the stands while it's on edge? He never really had possesion. Don't really care for the rule, and if there is going to be judgement involved your always going to have uncertainty. I think as a ref, you can have a good feel for what the players intent was. Did he mean to shoot it out causing a delay of the game or did he try to bang it off the glass and the puck went on edge at the last second?

As far as this call goes, the ref just missed it. It happens with tripping, hooking and roughing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Put a bubble over the ice.  Puck is always in play.  Problem solved.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Have the puck shoot out of the whole at center ice for faceoffs.

I miss bubble hockey.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to hangnail's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I miss bubble hockey.

[/QUOTE]

I think some bars in Boston have bubble hockey tournaments.  Game On maybe?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Unless the NHL makes this type of play reviewable -- its a simple mistake made by four guys whith their eyes in the wrong place or just didn't have the proper angle to see the incident. Good teams win against all odds -- kill the penalty -- and move on. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

I miss bubble hockey.

[/QUOTE]

I'd prefer it came out of the half.

Sections
Shortcuts