Refs GIVE the Habs 2 pts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Refs GIVE the Habs 2 pts

In response to Ergoetal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

1)  I saw harder hits last night at a high school game.

2)  On dives,  l'd like very much to see the dive penalized and the original infraction forgiven.  So the non-diving team gets a 2-minute PP.  Diving would stop immediately.

[/QUOTE]

It's been a thorn in my side since it began.  It's one or the other.  Cannot be both.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Refs GIVE the Habs 2 pts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hockey should do what soccer should have done a long time ago.  Retroactive discipline for diving.  It's just about impossible for the on-ice ref to punish people for diving in live games, and they get it wrong a lot.  In the NHL you only see diving called along with a matching penalty, so there is no real punishment.  They should fine/suspend players for diving and embellishment after the games by reviewing tape.  Lots of times the diving that is missed on the ice, is obvious on tape.  

Now you can't really suspend Emelin just for acting like a p**sy, but you could certainly give a suspension for this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0GeiWoiiIE

[/QUOTE]

They do review it in European soccer just that besides the EPL the other leaugues are corrupt and the top players and/on top teams never get reviewed.

I did think the NHL was going to try and crack down on this.  They've given more penalties for embellishing , even the Bruins got some, it's just not enough and we all know in tight important games they won't call it.