Regardless of Scott's Suspension Length........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitch19. Show nitch19's posts

Regardless of Scott's Suspension Length........

The next Bruins-Sabres matchup should be interesting, to say the least.

Especially considering that p*ke Kaleta will be back then.

Claude better not be on the reins for this one......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Regardless of Scott's Suspension Length........

Taking out a Sabres player for no reason other than revenge would make the B's no better than them.

And for God sakes, please don't have Campbell fight Ott again.  That sucked.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/schedule.htm

Dec. 19th in Buffalo

Dec. 21st in Boston

Back to back Thursday to Saturday.

PS. Poor Shup is going to throw up at all that blood LoL

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

What's the point of a brawl or a bloodbath - smacking Kaleta or Scott around, fine. Otherwise this is a Sabres team that looks about as good as the 80-81 Jets or the 74-75 Caps. What's the point of wasting your energies on a team like that? Get the two points and get out. McQuaid answered the bell already so what does revenge do for the Bruins?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitch19. Show nitch19's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Taking out a Sabres player for no reason other than revenge would make the B's no better than them.

And for God sakes, please don't have Campbell fight Ott again.  That sucked.

[/QUOTE]

NAS, I'm not advocating taking out a Sabres player, just pointing out the cheap-shotting way Kaleta and Ott play, it won't take much to light the powder keg.  Claude better turn them loose, if this occurs, as opposed to last night.

And agreed.  Love Campbell's game and his heart.  But those "bouts" where he keeps his opponent at a straight-arms length while skating/spinning around and around, gets stale.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I agree with you Red but were taliking about Ott and Kaleta. They can't help themselves...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Just keep beating them.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to nitch19's comment:

The next Bruins-Sabres matchup should be interesting, to say the least.

Especially considering that p*ke Kaleta will be back then.

Claude better not be on the reins for this one......

Historically these "upcoming blood bath" games never amount to anything, as in game following Lucic/Miller, Cooke/Savard.  One fight and done.  Problem is that Thornton is overmatched v. Scott and will only serve to offer up Thornton for a concussion.  Which might mean he'll be out a few games, which will actually benefit the Bruins.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

The thing that I hate is that Chara will go after Scott.  Love him for it, but the notion of the backbone of the Bruins team and perennial Norris candidate trading punches with Ogre is almost too ridiculous to support.  A total win-win for Buffalo.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/gotta-see-it-boston-bruins-milan-lucic-puck-face-buffalo-sabres-ryan-miller-wife-karma/

"But for one family at least, the rivalry is very much alive. It’s not just packaging to sell us on watching a regular-season mismatch. So when Lucic took a puck to the face in the first period, Miller’s wife, actress Noureen DeWulf, could not resist chirping the man who once steamrolled her husband:

By pointing out Lucic’s actions coming back to bite him — in the form of fresh stitches — DeWulf (and the Buffalo fans cheering Lucic’s injury) may have brought on some ill karma of her own. After getting patched up, Lucic returned to the game, worked a give-and-go with Jarome Iginla and scored his second goal of the night on Miller."

Millers wife Noureen DeWulfs chirping backfires LoL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Looking at the Sabres stats they actually make the 80-81 Jets look good.

Point per game average:

74-75 Caps - 0.2625

13-14 Sabres so far - 0.2727

80-81 Jets - 0.3875

And that's even including one loser point that the Sabres got in OT. Take that away and they have a 0.1818 average. Oddly they don't have the worst average this year - Philly's on a record setting pace of 0.2500.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/gotta-see-it-boston-bruins-milan-lucic-puck-face-buffalo-sabres-ryan-miller-wife-karma/

"But for one family at least, the rivalry is very much alive. It’s not just packaging to sell us on watching a regular-season mismatch. So when Lucic took a puck to the face in the first period, Miller’s wife, actress Noureen DeWulf, could not resist chirping the man who once steamrolled her husband:

By pointing out Lucic’s actions coming back to bite him — in the form of fresh stitches — DeWulf (and the Buffalo fans cheering Lucic’s injury) may have brought on some ill karma of her own. After getting patched up, Lucic returned to the game, worked a give-and-go with Jarome Iginla and scored his second goal of the night on Miller."

Millers wife Noureen DeWulfs chirping backfires LoL

[/QUOTE]

Hilarious.  Reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qye101BNhWE

Never cheer someone getting hit by a puck.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

The Sabers are absolutely terrible.  There is nothing to look forward to about that game except the Bruins padding their stats.  I don't want anyone to get injured (again) playing a go-nowhere team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

Miller’s wife, actress Noureen DeWulf,

[/QUOTE]

After the puck to the face:

After the goal:

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Too little too late once again. The time for revenge has passed. Ott should have been helped off the ice looking for his teeth for the shot he gave Krejci. The Scott assault should have sent Vanek, Miller and Hodgson along with him. Just like what should have happened to Crosby and Malkin. Waiting till the next game for Thornton to have a code staged fight is embarrassing. Gaustadesque anybody ? No thanks. Of all the reasons I'm not a CJ fan - this is number one above all else.

The Savard incident was the lowest point for me in the 40 yrs or so I've been watching - last night brought me right back to that. Shameful

The thought of waiting for an NHL power point explanation for handing out a suspension is sickening. This whole episode has no place in any sport. The only way to stop it is by making his own team mates pay the price for his actions. Does it suk that it has to come to that? yep

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Too little too late once again. The time for revenge has passed. Ott should have been helped off the ice looking for his teeth for the shot he gave Krejci. The Scott assault should have sent Vanek, Miller and Hodgson along with him. Just like what should have happened to Crosby and Malikn. Waiting till the next game for Thornton to have a code staged fight is embarrassing. Gaustadesque anybody ? No thanks. Of all the reasons I'm not a CJ fan - this is number one above all else.

The Savard incident was the lowest point for me in the 40 yrs or so I've been watching - last night brought me right back to that. Shameful

The thought of waiting for an NHL power point explanation for handing out a suspension is sickening. This whole episode has no place in any sport. The only way to stop it is by making his own team mates pay the price for his actions. Does it suk that it has to come to that? yep

[/QUOTE]

McQuaid fought the Ape, injuring another Sabre player in retaliation is Eddie Shore stuff, glad it didn't happen. CJ is a great coach, no problems there. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

JW, that would accomplish what exactly? Get Bergeron, Kelly, Seidenberg, and McQuaid (the players on the ice at the time) suspended indefinitely alongside Scott? Yeah, that's a fair tradeoff.

McQuaid dealt with it as best he could in the moment. What does revenge against the Sabres good players (though that's almost an oxymoron these days) accomplish at all?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

JW, that would accomplish what exactly? Get Bergeron, Kelly, Seidenberg, and McQuaid (the players on the ice at the time) suspended indefinitely alongside Scott? Yeah, that's a fair tradeoff.

McQuaid dealt with it as best he could in the moment. What does revenge against the Sabres good players (though that's almost an oxymoron these days) accomplish at all?

[/QUOTE]

First - it was in response to the original post suggesting that upcoming Sabres games might result in some retribution

Maybe skumbags like Scott and Cooke would stop if it meant their actions resulted in some of their own getting their face busted up real nice as a result of their actions. Cooke got what? a staged fight with Thornton? No discipline from the league? Deterrent? not so much

Scott is a 6'8" mongrel humanoid - you think he's worried about paying a price physically?

Second - you wouldn't understand

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

[QUOTE]

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/schedule.htm

Dec. 19th in Buffalo

Dec. 21st in Boston

Back to back Thursday to Saturday.

PS. Poor Shup is going to throw up at all that blood LoL

[/QUOTE]

By then, I hope Buffalo is completely irrelevant in the standings and the Bs take the high road.  

Because if Buffalo continues to stink, their players will just do the bare minimum to "appear competitive" and get their checks.  The mood is ugly up there. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Thanks for the condescending patronizing crap - I'm not the only one who doesn't understand it or what place it has in hockey. 50 made the same point in the post before mine, as did NAS, Fletch, San, and OatesCam previously. I totally understand the impetus behind the thought - I also understand it would be a bloody stupid thing to do.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Mark Savard might disagree

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

And knee-capping Malkin and Crosby would have helped Savard how exactly? Would it have magically cured his concussion? I would've liked someone to have dropped gloves with Cooke the moment it happened, like McQuaid did last night, but retaliation beyond that sure as heck wasn't going to benefit anything other than maybe your sense of revenge.

You say that going after another team's stars would stop any other player from going after our stars. I think the exact opposite would happen - not only would we lose players to suspensions, but other teams would possibly pull more crap on the Bruins because they'd know the team would not be disciplined and half the lineup would end up in the box. If a cheap shot means you can get Chara and Lucic ejected all the time, wouldn't that just lead to more cheap shots? I think it would create the problem you're trying to solve.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

1. I agree that the complete lack of response to Cooke was simply one of the lowest points ever. The following game with the weakazz staged fight (and the pathetic accompanying shutout loss) was embarrassing.

I think someone should have hurt Cooke that night, especially in light of his history.  If not, someone should have been brought up from the minors or the eastern league or the Federal league or someplace, to hurt him the following game. Yes, intent to injure.

2. Unfortunately, none of this works re: Scott.  I dont know anyone who can handle him, including (and would never consider) Chara.

3. While I'm OK with the concept of hurting another team's star (Crosgy/Malkin/Vanek/Miller) if justice is not done, the biggest problem I have with it is this.... B's hurt Vanek next game. So Kaleta injures bergeron.  Then someone injures Miller.  So some dope in blue takes out Rask.

Who loses? Boston does.  I don't see this accomplishing what we want.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thanks for the condescending patronizing crap - I'm not the only one who doesn't understand it or what place it has in hockey. 50 made the same point in the post before mine, as did NAS, Fletch, San, and OatesCam previously. I totally understand the impetus behind the thought - I also understand it would be a bloody stupid thing to do.

[/QUOTE]

I am with you Red. The way to win this is beat them...over and over again...let the demoralization begin...let the league handle the stupidity on display by their leadership and players...I love a real good hockey fight, but to be real or good, it has to be spontaneous, in the heat of battle. Not full contact ballet. Play physical-clean hockey. Then, what happens, happens.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Mark Savard might disagree

[/QUOTE]

Would he really though? 

I dont think he would.

Sections
Shortcuts