Regular Season predictions: Eastern Conference

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

Re: Regular Season predictions: Eastern Conference

From an unbiased pov....Flyers win on opening night, fear is struck in the hearts of Bruins fans, party is over.

1. Caps, lose first round of course.
    2. Bruins, Thomas proved his worth and no rsoter losses although Recchi could be missed.
    3. Pitt, loss of Crybaby Crosby is going to be bigger than last season, Malkin should be a statistical dynamo, but not sure if they are a playoff team.
    4. Buffalo, could be a surprise team.
    5. Flyers, Bryzgalov, Pronger, Timonen, Briere......youth in Giroux, JvR, Simmonds, and Voracek, plus the surprise addistion of Jagr to make the Flyers PP a top 3 in the league.
    6. TB, Roloson was an anomoly, tough to repeat their effort last season
    7. Habs, team is inconsistent, but could push the Bruins if Price stands on his head.
    8. NJ, somehow, someway this team always manages to get hot at some point during the season, but Brodeur is done, put a fork in him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Regular Season predictions: Eastern Conference:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Regular Season predictions: Eastern Conference : I've seen worse.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

I'll save this so you two can hit reply with your apology to the great almighty 

KELVANA

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.thebruinsblog.net/2011/10/05/its-prediction-time-bruins-will-be-strong-chicago-rangers-will-play-for-cup/comment-page-1/#comment-32976

"East
    1. Washington
    2. Boston
    3. Pittsburgh
    4. Tampa Bay
    5. Philadelphia
    6. NY Rangers
    7. Buffalo
    8. Montreal
    9. Carolina
    10. New Jersey
    11. NY Islanders
    12. Winnipeg
    13. Toronto
    14. Florida
    15. Ottawa
    Playoffs: Washington over Montreal; Boston over Buffalo; NY Rangers over Pittsburgh; Tampa Bay over Philadelphia
    NY Rangers over Washington; Boston over Tampa Bay
    East champion: NY Rangers over Boston"

From Matt Kalman...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevio19. Show kevio19's posts

1. Washington
    2. Boston
    3. Pittsburgh
    4. Philly
    5. Buffalo
    6. New York Rangers
    7. Tampa Bay
    8. New Jersey
    9. Montreal
    10. Toronto
    11. Carolina
    12. Winnipeg
    13. New York Islanders
    14. Ottawa
    15. Florida

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

My predictions for the east

1.Washington
    2.Philly
    3.Boston
    4.Pittsbugh
    5.Buffalo
    6.Tampa Bay
    7.New jersey
    8. TORONTO

9. Rangers
    10.Carolina
    11.Islanders
    12.Florida
    13. Winnipeg
    14.Ottawa
    15. Montreal because I fing hate them

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Regular Season predictions: Eastern Conference : I'll save this so you two can hit reply with your apology to the great almighty                   KELVANA                    33
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

I'll get it over with now. I apologize to the great almighty kelvana33.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

A look back, wow I messed up on several teams, not the Bs though!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Did anyone pick Florida to be near the top ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]            Did anyone pick Florida to be near the top ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I honestly thought they had a chance to be the worst team in the league . Wrong !

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

They might not be the worst team in the league, but I was also under the impression that these were end of season predictions.  Florida (like the Bruins) has 37 points.  That means they're all of six points clear of 9th place.  To maintain that lead, Campbell, Weiss, Versteeg, Fleischmann and Theodore will have to actually improve on what are already career-best numbers.  And make no mistake, they have about 5 guys who are carrying them (add Kulikov to the list above).  That top line?  91 points (3 per game) and a collective +50.  Add Campbell and Garrison (who will not continue to score goals at this pace) and it's 129 and +71.  The next five players on the roster?  58 points and -21.  That includes Skille as their tenth leading scorer with a whopping 6 points.  Only 8 of their players have hit double digits in points (Bruins have 10, Philly 12, Rangers 10, Pitt 11, Toronto 10, Buffalo 9), and none of the contenders has anything like that drop off in +/-.  Add in that Theodore's current stats are the second best of his career, which I wouldn't expect him to maintain, and there's a recipe for disaster here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Also worth noting that the Laffs, after roaring out to a huge start, are slowly spiralling - not their usual toilet job, but more like a toy glider drifting down, and down, and down....

They're 6-8-0-2 since the Bruins smacked the 7-0 loss on them after they started 9-3-0-1.  They have the worst GF/GA of any team currently holding a playoff spot.  Phyllo has been passed by Giroux for the points lead and tied by Michalek and Stamkos for the goals lead, and if the Leafs fall out of the top 8, I expect him to revert to old habits.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

1. New York Rangers
    2. Boston Bruins
    3. Philadelphia Flyers
    4. Pittsburgh Penguins
    5. Washington Capitals
    6. Buffalo Sabres
    7. Toronto Maple Leafs
    8. Montreal Canadiens

New York is kind of flying under the radar, but they are good. They look a lot like the B's did last year, a team coming off of multiple post season disappointments with new players, talented young and also traded for. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

1. Boston (as long as Chara isn't out long - best balanced team in the NHL right now)
    2. Pittsburgh (still a good team without Crosby and Malkin, Neil in particular)
    3.Philadelphia (depends alot on Giroix and Pronger injury time though - they could sink if they guys are out a long time)
    4. Washington (Hunter will turn this team around and they may actually be a tougher team in the playoffs for a change)
    5. Rangers (Leafs have their way with these guys, not sure how they're doing it)
    6. Sabres
    7. Florida
    8. Leafs (fingers crossed)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]1. New York Rangers 2. Boston Bruins 3. Philadelphia Flyers 4. Pittsburgh Penguins 5. Washington Capitals 6. Buffalo Sabres 7. Toronto Maple Leafs 8. Montreal Canadiens New York is kind of flying under the radar, but they are good. They look a lot like the B's did last year, a team coming off of multiple post season disappointments with new players, talented young and also traded for. 
    Posted by shaunk[/QUOTE]
    If the NYR could manage to win the Cup then we'd start seeing teams putting in requests to start the year in Europe.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Regular Season predictions: Eastern Conference : If the NYR could manage to win the Cup then we'd start seeing teams putting in requests to start the year in Europe.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Well it only works if it is a combination of a team that went to Europe and is an Original Six.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm?type=con#&navid=nav-stn-conf

Just checking in here yikes Yzerman hasn't made a move yet for a goalie and Buffalo is 9 points out of the last playoff spot...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

As frustrating as it is for us down here, there is a good possibility Yzerman will not move towards bringing in a goalie. I guess the reasoning is this season is all but over for the Bolts. So we go to the games, cheer for the home team and watch the other teams to see who's going to move into the playoffs. Sigh........

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]As frustrating as it is for us down here, there is a good possibility Yzerman will not move towards bringing in a goalie. I guess the reasoning is this season is all but over for the Bolts. So we go to the games, cheer for the home team and watch the other teams to see who's going to move into the playoffs. Sigh........
    Posted by vcec[/QUOTE]

The Bolts should make a play for Ben Bishop, who is currently buried in limbo out in St Louis behind Halak and Elliiott.  They could let him play now, no pressure and he could be a franchise goalie of the future.

Then on top of it they could flip Melanson to Detroit, who could use a battle-tested veteran backup for the playoffs that doesnt need to play much, and they could cut Conklin loose.

Call Stevie for me.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Josh Harding would be a good low cost move for the Bolts. SV% .920 and 2.50 GAA the problem might be, could he face more than 26 shots a game in Tampa and still be effective ?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

Yeah, but there's no one to trade and they don't want to give up the draft pick. When Stevie Y came in, there was talk of a 3 yr plan. Last season was a fluke. And to come within one win of the finals says something about the team but they are lacking in many areas,  not just goal tending. 
    I'll continue to watch the Bruins but don't call me a band waggoner Cool

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I was a little off. Sabres and Pens aren't where I thought they'd be.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Regular Season predictions: Eastern Conference : The Bolts should make a play for Ben Bishop, who is currently buried in limbo out in St Louis behind Halak and Elliiott.  They could let him play now, no pressure and he could be a franchise goalie of the future. Then on top of it they could flip Melanson to Detroit, who could use a battle-tested veteran backup for the playoffs that doesnt need to play much, and they could cut Conklin loose. Call Stevie for me.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

Not a bad idea Sox...However I have not totally written them off yet, if any team thats out of it near the break an can make a run (always seems to be one) I'd say it's Tampa. They could look at Nabokov, perhaps flipping Malone, in a multi player deal.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Regular Season predictions: Eastern Conference:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Regular Season predictions: Eastern Conference : They could look at Nabokov, perhaps flipping Malone, in a multi player deal. Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Have you seen something change in Nabakov since his days with the Sharks ?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Regular Season predictions: Eastern Conference : Have you seen something change in Nabakov since his days with the Sharks ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Not at all, as i don't beleive he was the reason the sharks couldnt get as far as they'd like in the playoffs. Was Niemi the problem last year? Seems to me they brought in a Cup winning goalie and yet suffered the same fate. It's convenient to blame the goalie, but I've watched a ton of their playoffs games, I didnt think he was the problem.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Regular Season predictions: Eastern Conference:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Regular Season predictions: Eastern Conference :  Was Niemi the problem last year? Seems to me they brought in a Cup winning goalie Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

I didn't think Niemi was a big part of the reason the Hawks won the cup. Nabokov wasn't the only reason the the Sharks lost late or early in the playoffs but he was a big reason. Nabokov great save % in the regular season then he loses it the playoffs.

Sections
Shortcuts