Relax Bruin Fans. We Leafs Fans would love to have your problems

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Relax Bruin Fans. We Leafs Fans would love to have your problems

I don't get on this forum as much as in the past.  I still enjoy most of what I read, but you seem to have more then your fill of trolls and posters that just want to be outright nasty if only to rile people up.  I thought the HFForums were bad, but proportinally, there is more here.  Too bad, it sometimes drowns out some of the real good posters on here (SanDog, NAS, BookBoy, Cowboy, my buddy Badhab (the anti-Kesslite...LOL), RHO, Kennedy, Islamorada and Fetcher for example).  I tend to focus on that bunch and ignore a lot of what I used to read.

In any event, the Bruins had a stinker game against the Leafs (thanks, though, we needed that one....LOL), but they will be there when it counts.

They are doing just fine and will get better once Savard gets his game legs and his confidence back.  Krecji is in the same boat, but he looks a bit more tentative out there. His shootout goal attempt was horrible, by the way.  I don't understand why some of your top scorers don't participate in the shoot-out e.g. Horton, Lucic, Bergeron (not a top scorer, but good 1-on-1, Savard?).  Really surprised to see Ryder there.

Thomas continues to amaze, that save on Beauchmin in the OT was  unbelievable.

Seguin is coming along, nice SO goal.  I don't think it would have been a bad idea to release him to the WJC for 2 weeks. That experience could only help his development and he didn't get a chance to play last year.  I'm not sure if many of the US Bruin fans realize how BIG this is for Canadian players. 

To challenge for the Cup, It think the Bruins need 1 more good goal-scorer (Sturm when he returns?) and, ofcourse, a puck moving defenceman that can anchor the powerplay.

Charelli is doing a great job as GM and he has a lot of cards to play before the trade deadline.

I expect a big move, perhaps a package of draft picks and top minor leaguers for the missing pieces.

When you have Venzina type goatending, anything is possible.

As for my Leafs, it's like Hell I guess.  You play out the same thing over and over again, only to hope the end changes (but it doesn't).  It is Hell being a Leaf fan these days.  Sigh......

Cheers

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Re: Relax Bruin Fans. We Leafs Fans would love to have your problems

Hey LRH..Don't get discouraged by the trolls, all sites unfortunately have a few.. they are easy to avoid as long as you don't engage in rebuttal ..I don't as a rule..I have so many on ignore I kind of lost track..I have always maintained it is one or two people that have multiple handles that like to stir the pot with local fans.. Probably Hab fans to boot!! 

Hey, I was impressed with your Leafs on Saturday ... my son is a huge Leaf fan so he kind of gave it to me on Sat. night ..all in good fun..they took it to the B's and didn't back down..only Thorton stood up for the team which is disheartening as Leafs were dishing out the hits and B's just taking it...this team should not be getting pushed around ... The final score was actually flattering to the B's , only Thomas kept it from getting out of hand..easily game should have been 5-2 or worse..

Nice slick move by Kadri in SO, same for Seguin.. Nice to see young talent develop right in front of your eyes... I agree with you on that PC should let Seguin go for two weeks to the WJHC.. he has some unfinished business after unbelievably getting passed over last year.. great motivation for the young lad..would do him a world of good..

Getting Armstrong ( always have liked this guy, typical Bruin )  back and bringing up that kid Rosehill seemed to have given the Leafs some added toughness that maybe they were lacking .. Still the main problem in Leaf land is not getting a bona fide centre to set up Kessel as a more offensive threat on a consistent basis , until that happens Leaf fans will become frustrated with Kessel's indifferent play on a regular basis and he becomes very easy to shut down.. I can't believe Burke , a smart man, can't see this and not acted yet.. That should have been priority #1 as soon as the ink dried on Kessel's contract...

PS  I really don't like him at centre...I don't see him  being defensively responsible enough to be effective at that position.. Just my opinion..

Anyway, I hope better days ahead for your Leafs, just not this year, we need another lottery pick (LOL).. Keep in touch!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

In Response to Re: Relax Bruin Fans. We Leafs Fans would love to have your problems:
    [QUOTE]Hey LRH..Don't get discouraged by the trolls, all sites unfortunately have a few.. they are easy to avoid as long as you don't engage in rebuttal ..I don't as a rule..I have so many on ignore I kind of lost track..I have always maintained it is one or two people that have multiple handles that like to stir the pot with local fans.. Probably Hab fans to boot!!  Hey, I was impressed with your Leafs on Saturday ... my son is a huge Leaf fan so he kind of gave it to me on Sat. night ..all in good fun..they took it to the B's and didn't back down..only Thorton stood up for the team which is disheartening as Leafs were dishing out the hits and B's just taking it...this team should not be getting pushed around ... The final score was actually flattering to the B's , only Thomas kept it from getting out of hand..easily game should have been 5-2 or worse.. Nice slick move by Kadri in SO, same for Seguin.. Nice to see young talent develop right in front of your eyes... I agree with you on that PC should let Seguin go for two weeks to the WJHC.. he has some unfinished business after unbelievably getting passed over last year.. great motivation for the young lad..would do him a world of good.. Getting Armstrong ( always have liked this guy, typical Bruin )  back and bringing up that kid Rosehill seemed to have given the Leafs some added toughness that maybe they were lacking .. Still the main problem in Leaf land is not getting a bona fide centre to set up Kessel as a more offensive threat on a consistent basis , until that happens Leaf fans will become frustrated with Kessel's indifferent play on a regular basis and he becomes very easy to shut down.. I can't believe Burke , a smart man, can't see this and not acted yet.. That should have been priority #1 as soon as the ink dried on Kessel's contract...   PS  I really don't like him at centre...I don't see him  being defensively responsible enough to be effective at that position.. Just my opinion.. Anyway, I hope better days ahead for your Leafs, just not this year, we need another lottery pick (LOL).. Keep in touch!!
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]
    Trolls don't discourage me, it just takes longer to get to the better posts.

I think the Leafs need a lot of help and Burke took the wrong route to start the process, but scouting is much better so hopefully the process makes the team stronger in the next couple of years.

Kessel, or a Kessel-like player, should have been brought in after he was able to build some strength at center, like you suggested.    Colby Armstrong is a key player on this team and they needed him back.  Phaneuf is due back and although not nearly worth the money he's getting, he's important on this team especially to jump-start the offence from the back end.

Scoring will continue to be a huge hole.  I like the depth at goaltending that Burke has put together and there's some young talent on defence, once he can hopefully dump Beauchmin and Komiserak.  I don't mind Beachmin that much but I'll never understand what he saw in Komiserak, especially at the salary.

I was really surprised at how bad the Bruins played.  They should have been up for this game to continue to bury the Leafs for a chance at another lottery pick again this year.

My guess is that PC is going to package that pick for a big deal before the trading deadline.

Nice to hear from you Cowboy. 

Regards

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Sturm when he returns ? No, no we should trade or demote last years leading scorer. I did see some really good things from Kadri, Mitchell, Armstrong and Gunnarsson so Leaf land has their play to look forward too as long as it is next year LoL!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Good to see you LRH, and congrats on your boys thoroughly outplaying the Bruins Saturday night.  You point is a good one as well -- we have a lot to be grateful for and excited about in Boston.

In Toronto...yeah it may be a long year,  but a young energetic team can be fun to watch, and there is nowhere to go but up.

Cheers,

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Nice well written post LRH.  I thoroughly enjoyed a non biased thought on the Bruins.

You think its bad here with the trolls, go to the Red Sox board where it is utter trash.  They post about each other and about all the ignorant trolls and barely ever talk about baseball.  I call the Red Sox board "facebook for losers".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from matty355. Show matty355's posts

LoveRealHockey is really a Bruins fan who works for the Bruins fan relations department but pretends to be a Leaf fan on here and praises the Bruins to drum up positive PR and morale for the B's

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Relax Bruin Fans. We Leafs Fans would love to have your problems:
    [QUOTE]LoveRealHockey is really a Bruins fan who works for the Bruins fan relations department  but pretends to be a Leaf fan on here and praises the Bruins to drum up positive PR and morale for the B's
    Posted by matty355[/QUOTE]
    What a terrific job for a Bruins fan.He must be as lucky as you are pessimistic.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from matty355. Show matty355's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Relax Bruin Fans. We Leafs Fans would love to have your problems : What a terrific job for a Bruins fan.He must be as lucky as you are pessimistic.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I just call them how they are, you should take off your rose coloured glasses and try it sometime

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Relax Bruin Fans. We Leafs Fans would love to have your problems : I just call them how they are, you should take off your rose coloured glasses and try it sometime
    The guys been on here talking hockey for a long time now(unlike yourself Mr.straight-shooter-tell-it-like -it-is).I guess I must be just too optimistic if I don't agree with your ridiculous theory.thanks for nothing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

First: 12/5/2010
    Last: 12/6/2010

C'mon Matty, you're 0 for 11 so far...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]matty355 Posts: 11 First: 12/5/2010 Last: 12/6/2010 C'mon Matty, you're 0 for 11 so far...
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    A troll by any other name..........

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Relax Bruin Fans. We Leafs Fans would love to have your problems:
    [QUOTE]I don't get on this forum as much as in the past.  I still enjoy most of what I read, but you seem to have more then your fill of trolls and posters that just want to be outright nasty if only to rile people up.  I thought the HFForums were bad, but proportinally, there is more here.  Too bad, it sometimes drowns out some of the real good posters on here (SanDog, NAS, BookBoy, Cowboy, my buddy Badhab (the anti-Kesslite...LOL), RHO, Kennedy, Islamorada and Fetcher for example).  I tend to focus on that bunch and ignore a lot of what I used to read. In any event, the Bruins had a stinker game against the Leafs (thanks, though, we needed that one....LOL), but they will be there when it counts. They are doing just fine and will get better once Savard gets his game legs and his confidence back.  Krecji is in the same boat, but he looks a bit more tentative out there. His shootout goal attempt was horrible, by the way.  I don't understand why some of your top scorers don't participate in the shoot-out e.g. Horton, Lucic, Bergeron (not a top scorer, but good 1-on-1, Savard?).  Really surprised to see Ryder there. Thomas continues to amaze, that save on Beauchmin in the OT was  unbelievable. Seguin is coming along, nice SO goal.  I don't think it would have been a bad idea to release him to the WJC for 2 weeks. That experience could only help his development and he didn't get a chance to play last year.  I'm not sure if many of the US Bruin fans realize how BIG this is for Canadian players.  To challenge for the Cup, It think the Bruins need 1 more good goal-scorer (Sturm when he returns?) and, ofcourse, a puck moving defenceman that can anchor the powerplay. Charelli is doing a great job as GM and he has a lot of cards to play before the trade deadline. I expect a big move, perhaps a package of draft picks and top minor leaguers for the missing pieces. When you have Venzina type goatending, anything is possible. As for my Leafs, it's like Hell I guess.  You play out the same thing over and over again, only to hope the end changes (but it doesn't).  It is Hell being a Leaf fan these days.  Sigh...... Cheers
    Posted by LoveRealHockey[/QUOTE]

LRH, an article in THN has already stirred up the leafs central discussion boards.  "Burke's Hast Makes Waste" piece is a criticism of Burke's philosophy. Primarily his belief that a Toronto team can be competitive/playoff bound in a couple years.  A bit harsh as I believe the Make Beliefs were a disaster when Burke took over the reigns... cap wise.  Ken Campbell, the writer, goes on and does speak of the Kessel deal and his abilities.  

"And the biggest problem with Kessel is that his talent and ability to put up points seduce people.  He is the kind of player who will score a hat trick in an8-2 win, but goes alarmingly AWOL, when his team really needs him to step up.  He was that way long before he ever came to Toronto and he probably won't ever change."  

Frankly, I don't follow Kessel enough to care.  I think only draft picks.  Would like to know your opinion though if you have time.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Relax Bruin Fans. We Leafs Fans would love to have your problems : LRH, an article in THN has already stirred up the leafs central discussion boards.  "Burke's Hast Makes Waste" piece is a criticism of Burke's philosophy. Primarily his belief that a Toronto team can be competitive/playoff bound in a couple years.  A bit harsh as I believe the Make Beliefs were a disaster when Burke took over the reigns... cap wise.  Ken Campbell, the writer, goes on and does speak of the Kessel deal and his abilities.   "And the biggest problem with Kessel is that his talent and ability to put up points seduce people.  He is the kind of player who will score a hat trick in an8-2 win, but goes alarmingly AWOL, when his team really needs him to step up.  He was that way long before he ever came to Toronto and he probably won't ever change."   Frankly, I don't follow Kessel enough to care.  I think only draft picks.  Would like to know your opinion though if you have time.  
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]
    I'm not sure what I think any more.  I think the team was a disaster before he came and they are marginally better now.

What I think is really working is building up the farm system and acquiring talent outside of normal challenges.

Kessel deal was a bad deal done at the wrong time.  I don't see how Burke can defend that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

[QUOTE]LoveRealHockey is really a Bruins fan who works for the Bruins fan relations department  but pretends to be a Leaf fan on here and praises the Bruins to drum up positive PR and morale for the B's
    It certainly would be easier to be a  Bruin fan these days, but I'm afraid you're wrong.  I've been a Leaf fan since 1967.  Born and raised in Toronto so I un-lucked out, so to speak.

However, I was a huge fan of the Bruins in the early 70's after the Leafs bowed out.

Regards

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Nice job in posting to this forum LoveRealHockey, it shows your interest in hockey. I was just praising the Thrashers at the Atlanta Journal-Constitution's blog last week ... it made me very un-troll like.

Sections
Shortcuts