Relax! This is the Detroit Red Wings

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Relax! This is the Detroit Red Wings

I posted this yesterday ; While the Bruins are a good team the Red Wings are cup contenders.  Stop freaking out !  
    Wings just got back most of their players back from injury and you can see how potent they can be.
    On a positive note Chiarelli can evaluate that this team needs to be tweaked
    .Only with this test would he have known for sure. 
    Now hopefully he can make a deal or two.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Re: Relax! This is the Detroit Red Wings

Not sure that I need to relax, but it is clear that the B's were outclassed over the past two games.  Even when behind today, the Wings still seemed in control of the game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

One thing Chiarelli should notice right away is Recchi on the pp. It ain't working. He has to get a d-man for the pp. Its that important, especially in the playoffs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Relax! This is the Detroit Red Wings:
    [QUOTE]I posted this yesterday ; While the Bruins are a good team the Red Wings are cup contenders.  Stop freaking out !   Wings just got back most of their players back from injury and you can see how potent they can be. On a positive note Chiarelli can evaluate that this team needs to be tweaked .Only with this test would he have known for sure.  Now hopefully he can make a deal or two.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    You need to play mistake-free hockey against the Wings and Boston didn't do that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Relax! This is the Detroit Red Wings:
    [QUOTE]Not sure that I need to relax, but it is clear that the B's were outclassed over the past two games.  Even when behind today, the Wings still seemed in control of the game.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

not you Crowls.  The endless RUIN threads.  I'm just saying Detroit is a better team. 
    These two back to back games can be a good measuring stick on what the Bruins need .

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I am relaxed because I do think Chiarelli will be aggressive this deadline.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]I am relaxed because I do think Chiarelli will be aggressive this deadline.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I agree, maybe the B's fans will be pleasantly surprised.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Relax! This is the Detroit Red Wings : I agree, maybe the B's fans will be pleasantly surprised.
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

When was the last time that Bs fans were "pleasantly suppressed" at the trade deadline under PC.  Don't get me wrong; I truly hope he does something, but it has never happened.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"But 1972! I'm starting to think the Leafs will win a Cup before we do."

Apparently the Laffs are on a nice win streak that will improve after Versteeg and Kaberle are traded. The comedy continues...

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Detroit has too many skill players for Bruins too match, and when your supposed first line doesn't do diddly all game what do you expect...Too many breakdowns by the forwards not coming back to help out the defense which resulted in three of the 4 goals.. Anybody want to know why Seguin sits.. watch Draper's goal.. Has to do better to tie up his man on the backcheck..The Wings have always impressed me with their precision passing.. There were times today the Bruins just stood around and marvelled at the sight..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

The people who need to relax are not the "ruins" posters, it's the appologists who over value every guy on our team and think we are in the elite conversation.  We are right there, top third ish, but not elite.  This weekend should hit the appologists with the reality of what we are.

If they dont get a few serious pieces in place, this team wont win anything.  That's not to say we are terrible, just further off from elite status than many think.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Ah I would agree with your assessment that the Bs are not Stanley Cup contenders.  With the injury of Marc Savard, the Bs are just a very good young team.  The potential to be a great team is certainly not out of the realm of thinking in the next few years. Now, the trade proposals are certainly slim, not because the Bs don't want to but because the other teams have hard caps.  Nonetheless, there is a chance for a big trade.  I am hesitant to name players as it will only bring on either attacks on the player mentioned or some insulting and degrading comment on management or whatnot.  Yet, PC does have cap space, draft picks, young players and a playoff team.  That is oppotunistic. This fan thinks the Bs management team has a week or so to move on the chance of a big trade.  Afterwards it will be hope the Bs find a player in the system that raises his game to help the Bs major need on the defense (PMD) first then on the offense (creative scoring player).  Go Bs. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]The people who need to relax are not the "ruins" posters, it's the appologists who over value every guy on our team and think we are in the elite conversation.  We are right there, top third ish, but not elite.  This weekend should hit the appologists with the reality of what we are. If they dont get a few serious pieces in place, this team wont win anything.  That's not to say we are terrible, just further off from elite status than many think.
    Posted by bigbadbruinsfan[/QUOTE]

I don't think I have ever read on here that this team was an elite team in the league.. They are good, yes, but certainly I could name right now 6 teams that would take the B's  in 7 game series.. Is it just me or am I starting to worry that Boychuk , McQuaid , and Kempfer can't handle the load back there.. They have looked very nervous lately back there for my liking.. I think that PC realizes this and I think he wont wait until the trade deadline to shake things up..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Relax! This is the Detroit Red Wings : I don't think I have ever read on here that this team was an elite team in the league.. They are good, yes, but certainly I could name right now 6 teams that would take the B's  in 7 game series.. Is it just me or am I starting to worry that Boychuk , McQuaid , and Kempfer can't handle the load back there.. They have looked very nervous lately back there for my liking.. I think that PC realizes this and I think he wont wait until the trade deadline to shake things up..
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

In a conversation with my brother the Dallas Cowboy fan, he said the competition is going to be tough between now and the end of the year.  He later said the defensive corps lack of mobility is going to be exploited.  I thought you ought to know I thought it pretty observant and correct coming from a cowboys fan.  Ha. Cheers.

17. This post has been removed.