Remember the name Matt Fraser in this trade!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Remember the name Matt Fraser in this trade!

This kid is tough, quick release, loves the physical play and has scored everywhere he has played recently. I visit Austin allot saw allot of Stars games, moved there in October and saw him play in 2012 a bunch of times.

I know some wanted a 1st round pick back but don't worry this kid is immediatly a better scorer and prospect than Caron (sorry Dez), Cunningham, Spooner and Bourque. 23 year old stud!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OntarioBs. Show OntarioBs's posts

Re: Remember the name Matt Fraser in this trade!

Excellent news,...have not heard of him,.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I certainly hope so otherwise I think this trade is a bust.  Seguin too much upside to give up on.  Maybe he was immature but that is easily fixed. 

Again, I think there's more to this trade and that's the free cap space.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

This kid is tough, quick release, loves the physical play and has scored everywhere he has played recently. I visit Austin allot saw allot of Stars games, moved there in October and saw him play in 2012 a bunch of times.

I know some wanted a 1st round pick back but don't worry this kid is immediatly a better scorer and prospect than Caron (sorry Dez), Cunningham, Spooner and Bourque. 23 year old stud!

Is his style similar to James Neal, San?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

I certainly hope so otherwise I think this trade is a bust.  Seguin too much upside to give up on.  Maybe he was immature but that is easily fixed. 

Again, I think there's more to this trade and that's the free cap space.

It would seem so, Legion. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I'm as big on Morrow as you are on Fraser San. He's going to be a solid, solid D. He won't light up the scoresheet, though he does have some offensive upside, but he's got a howitzer of a shot, and he's great at digging out the puck. He's also got a pretty solid transition game. He has no fear in his corners and is very sound positionally.

This strikes me as a screwy trade but if Fraser is as good as I've seen from Morrow, and Eriksson can play RW, then it may be a good one for the Bruins afterall.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Is his style similar to James Neal, San? [/QUOTE]

Scouts say Clarkson (where have I heard that name recently ?) but Fraser has a quicker release so I am inclined to say, because of his size (not height), more like Tavares. But doesn't have the overall vision of a center, just gets to the net and doesn't mind the contact at all.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

This kid is tough, quick release, loves the physical play and has scored everywhere he has played recently.I visit Austin allot saw allot of Stars games, moved there in October and saw him play in 2012 a bunch of times.

Is his style similar to James Neal, San?

Scouts say Clarkson (where have I heard that name recently ?) but Fraser has a quicker release so I am inclined to say, because of his size (not height), more like Tavares. But doesn't have the overall vision of a center, just gets to the net and doesn't mind the contact at all.

[/QUOTE]

So does this at the bottom of the talent analysis.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/matt_fraser/

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to red75's comment:

I'm as big on Morrow as you are on Fraser San. He's going to be a solid, solid D. He won't light up the scoresheet, though he does have some offensive upside, but he's got a howitzer of a shot, and he's great at digging out the puck. He's also got a pretty solid transition game. He has no fear in his corners and is very sound positionally.

This strikes me as a screwy trade but if Fraser is as good as I've seen from Morrow, and Eriksson can play RW, then it may be a good one for the Bruins afterall.

Bruins fans on HFboards think that Morrow was the great add in the deal. Allot of Dallas fans are not happy Morrow is leaving. I liked what I have seen of Morrow but haven't seen him as much as you have.

Sorry Seguin fans but PC couldn't predict the cap going down.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OntarioBs. Show OntarioBs's posts

Can anyone explain why we are so relunctant to put Savard on LTIR ?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Don't apologize San. As soon as I saw the deal I thought that Caron would be the most upset about it. I like getting some young depth. No complaints from me about this deal.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

So does this at the bottom of the talent analysis.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/matt_fraser/ [/QUOTE]

Like I said that is what scouts say about him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Morrow should be ready within a year or two no?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.hockeyprospectus.com/unfiltered/?p=358

Oh RHO, hockeysfuture is laime they barely update there site. Now hockeyprospectus ? They have their shiite together!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

http://www.hockeyprospectus.com/unfiltered/?p=358

Oh RHO, hockeysfuture is laime they barely update there site. Now hockeyprospectus ? They have their shiite together!

Cheers San.  I did see their take on Fraser was old. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Will he score 29 goals in a season or lead the team in scoring?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Eriksson can do that. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Eriksson can do that. [/QUOTE]

And has scored consistantly year in year out to prove it.

PS. Scotty Laughlin is going to have a field day tomorrow LoL

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Red. I just heard someone on Satellite Radio say he could be a poor mans Brent Seasbrook. That fairly acurate? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Eriksson can do that. 

Time will tell for the next couple of years.

And in the next few years after that?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

To this fan, Seguin dropped his game alot the pass year.  If he could not improve his game in the playoffs, then he simply would not project into a Yzerman as he so desperately wanted to be.  Good Tyler.  Youth has it's benefits, you can redeem the trade.  

As for the talent coming to Boston, Eriksson is an excellent player.  The prospects I will let others speak too.  So I like this type of thread.  Fraser or Morrow are just benefits to having Peverly's slaray gone.  

PC will now have time to move others.  JJ can save money.  

BDC log in issues are just insane! Help!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]

Red. I just heard someone on Satellite Radio say he could be a poor mans Brent Seasbrook. That fairly acurate? 

[/QUOTE]

I'd say that's accurate, though I'd leave out the "poor man's" part if he hits his full potential.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

[QUOTE]

Eriksson can do that. 

Time will tell for the next couple of years.

And in the next few years after that?

[/QUOTE]

If he did it for Dallas. There's no reason he won't in Boston. If San & Red are right; that means the B's basically got Eriksson, Hamilton, Knight, Morrow & Fraser for Phil Kessel & Rich Peverly. And apparently Reilly Smith is a potential top 9. And there's now room to get a Clarkson, or Alfie & still re-sign Rask. I think it's a wonderful day to be a Bruins fan! 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Professionals only. 

ending threads since '07

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'd say that's accurate, though I'd leave out the "poor man's" part if he hits his full potential.

[/QUOTE]

WOW!! That's great news!! 

Sections
Shortcuts