Remember when the Bruins acquired Horton?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Remember when the Bruins acquired Horton?

God I wish some people would step up and admit they were full of beans.

"Horton has no pulse"

Sure looks like he has some fire in his belly to me.

Where are you - who claimed Dale Tallon "schooled" PC?

And Wideman turned out great for the Panthers - so much that they flipped him to the Caps.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: Remember when the Bruins acquired Thornton?

Your title does match your subject.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Remember when the Bruins acquired Thornton?:
    [QUOTE]God I wish some people would step up and admit they were full of beans. "Horton has no pulse" Sure looks like he has some fire in his belly to me. Where are you - who claimed Dale Tallon "schooled" PC? And Wideman turned out great for the Panthers - so much that they flipped him to the Caps.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    I've been a huge supporter of Horton's game all year.I expect that "fire" to be there for playoffs too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Remember when the Bruins acquired Thornton?:
    [QUOTE]God I wish some people would step up and admit they were full of beans. "Horton has no pulse" Sure looks like he has some fire in his belly to me. Where are you - who claimed Dale Tallon "schooled" PC? And Wideman turned out great for the Panthers - so much that they flipped him to the Caps.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Rmiller was Talon's private bath boy.  Fortunately for us, he's gone.

When the trade was made, we were in full draft chat here, so people lost their nuts about the trading of the first round pick.   A lot of those people, it's my guess, were following the draft for the first time.  They were also advocating trading Lucic/Krejci and a late pick to Columbus for their first round pick.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Remember when the Bruins acquired Thornton?:
    [QUOTE]Your title does match your subject.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

oops.  fixed it.  I kept thinking he was doing Thornton's job today.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: Remember when the Bruins acquired Horton?

Horton's been great.  I feel like he has changed as the year has gone on, too.  He has much more of an edge.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Remember when the Bruins acquired Horton?:
    [QUOTE]Horton's been great.  I feel like he has changed as the year has gone on, too.  He has much more of an edge.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

He has been playing in Florida, where they just simply couldn't care less.  His arrival here was under the rada of most fans because they just didn't know much about him.  I bet he saw how crazy people were for Lucic and thought, "Wow, I want that."  I don't suggest that this is the reason for his increased brawn, but I would be surprised if it weren't a factor.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I have to admit I was tough on Horton about mid-way through this season when his numbers just didn't seem to match expectations... but I think he has really brought something to this team in other ways than just scoring (today's fight was not very smart but I like the emotion he was bringing!!!)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Remember when the Bruins acquired Horton? : He has been playing in Florida, where they just simply couldn't care less.  His arrival here was under the rada of most fans because they just didn't know much about him.  I bet he saw how crazy people were for Lucic and thought, "Wow, I want that."  I don't suggest that this is the reason for his increased brawn, but I would be surprised if it weren't a factor.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    I think also the fact lucic and Horts are now the best of friends. Lucics style has seem to rub off on him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Remember when the Bruins acquired Hortoyn?

When the trade came down my goal count was 25+.  He made it and good for him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

For one time I was right, I was hoping the Bs would trade for him during the Seidenberg deal last year.  I am still convinced the mid 20s guys are the keys to the playoff success this year, Horton is one who can make the difference. Agree with callo, the Lucic and Horton duo is intimidating.  BTW Lucic scoring chances are increased with Horton and of course Krejci.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Looking at the picture on the home page here at the Globe, nose bloodied and swinging away.  No heart my butt.  He's been a great Bruin.  The bond he's formed with Lucic is only going to make them both better. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I truly expected a 35-40 goal sesaon, but I think this nasty, gutso type of player I like much more! Imo- I think Horts & Looch feed off each other & have made them both better players! I'm expecting huge things from Horts in his first play-off!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

When he first came here, I read about the down side of his play on his 'disappearing' on the ice.  But then many reports had followed up with the clichéd the change of scenery may make a difference and he's playing in a hockey town now.  Sure he got off to a great start only to have a mid-season slow down and seemingly, making those early criticisms of him come to life. 

However, as this regular season started to draw to an end, he has stepped up his game and to me, he looks like he sincerely wants to learn the 'Bruins way' with his ongoing agressive play, defense, and getting on the score sheet.  I hope his antcipation and excitement of playing in his first SCP will carry over to the games.  I think we snatched him up in time before he completely died on the vine by playing in FLA.  And, hopefully we can all say in retrospect, that by joining the B's, he had awakened his otherwise dormant NHL career.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

I was defending the trade and promoting Horton on this board like crazy.  I thought he would score 35 or more and have 5-10 fights.  If you ever followed him in Florida, you KNEW what he was/is capable of.  Only reason he doesnt have 35 or more is because his line is SO great as a whole.  In FLA it was a crap team and no supporting cast.  Not only are the Bruins arguably the deepest team in the league, but Horton is playing with Lucic who is having a breakout year.  ANNNNDDDD Horton has probably hit 20 or more posts this year.  He was flat out snake-bit for a long time, and it got into his head.  When he got over it, he got over it big time.  He is a young stud who is clutch.  He plays hard every shift and can score and fight.  What more can you ask for!?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

He has redeemed himself with his play lately ,I still thought he was going to hit 30 quite easily .All will be forgiven if he comes through in the playoffs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

An outstanding trade for the Bruins.  Horton really stepped it up when we needed him, and he, Lucic, and Krecji formed one of the best first lines in the NHL. Horton plays with heart, and should be a force in the playoffs.  Let's not forget that we got Campbell, who is one of the best 4th liners in the NHL,  in the deal as well.  This deal was absolute robbery by the Bruins.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

Early in the season, I knicknamed the Horton, Krejci, Lucic line with my friends as the del fuego line - of the fire.  What an explosive combination they can be when they all show up.  I think Krejci has golden hands and I hope they don't go missing like we've seen of late, for the playoffs. We need this first line to be running at full strength and in sync.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Horton and Lucic were saddled with Savard for about 20 games, which hindered the production of both of them and Krejci.  Since Savard's departure, Horton has played 33 games.  14 goals, 11 assists.  Averaged out, that's 33 goals and 61 points.  Next season, when the KHL is running again, I will no be surprised to see him and Lucic play for 40 goals each, with Krejci topping 100 points.

And if they can get the powerplay to work...look out.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

I was among the detractors when the trade was made. But I also admitted earlier in the season that I was wrong. 

Horton's been an excellent addition to this team, Campbell too. Even while struggling, Horton was working hard. That was not the case when he was with Florida.   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

Horton must have an extra big smile on his face this morning and thanking his lucky stars he's with the Bruins and heading to the playoffs.  Today, the Panthers fired yet another head coach - this kind of instability is one of the reasons Horton asked to be traded.  Horton and Campbell should take advantage of this opportunity and make it count.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]I truly expected a 35-40 goal sesaon, but I think this nasty, gutso type of player I like much more! Imo- I think Horts & Looch feed off each other & have made them both better players! I'm expecting huge things from Horts in his first play-off!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE

when the trade happened i remember being in favor of it,but i honestly still liked wideman. i thought that wideman had turned the corner with his play in last years playoffs. i just thought he stepped up his game when it counted is all,but getting a player like horton would be better for the bruins especially with seidenberg coming back that would make losing widemans offense alittle easier. of course now i know that seidenberg skill is limited on offense and i thought campbell was just a throw in for book keeping sake on florida's side. i was way off on campbell, he has been probably the best fit in the role of special teams/ 4th line center type like Begin,Yelle and Axelsson. greg has been a great mix of all of those guys who make living being sandpaper out there. the only thing that has surprised me with this deal has been that the line of lucic-krecji-horton havens scored more up to now but what NAS wrote reminded me that savard was in the middle for lucic and horton for about 20 games that hurt their numbers. also Horton has brought alot more then scoring touch to the bruins this year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Horton must have an extra big smile on his face this morning and thanking his lucky stars he's with the Bruins and heading to the playoffs.  Today, the Panthers fired yet another head coach - this kind of instability is one of the reasons Horton asked to be traded.  Horton and Campbell should take advantage of this opportunity and make it count.
    Posted by gardenbees[/QUOTE]

Miami Herald: `I'm not saying anything bad about the organization, but there have been five coaches in the time I've been there,'' Horton said. ``Now, I'm going to a stable, historic organization. I'm going to give it all I've got. I think it'll be good. . . . As a player, the best part of hockey is the playoffs. When you don't make them for seven years or whatever, that's too long. It can't happen. [In Boston], that doesn't happen. It's exciting for me to come and be a part of it.''

Also from the same article

Campbell is a restricted free agent.

`There's always mixed feelings in a trade, and I had a great time in Florida, made some great friends,'' Campbell said. ``But I'm excited to be part of the Boston organization. I haven't played in the NHL playoffs yet, so I'm excited to get that chance in Boston. I watched the playoffs pretty closely.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/06/22/1694743/florida-panthers-trade-nathan.html#ixzz1J9I0na8K

Welcome to Boston Bruins hockey in the playoffs, fellas.  I hope you're ready, because we sure are!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

[QUOTE]Horton and Lucic were saddled with Savard for about 20 games, which hindered the production of both of them and Krejci.  Since Savard's departure, Horton has played 33 games.  14 goals, 11 assists.  Averaged out, that's 33 goals and 61 points.  Next season, when the KHL is running again, I will no be surprised to see him and Lucic play for 40 goals each, with Krejci topping 100 points. And if they can get the powerplay to work...look out.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

thats the key, if those three can get the power play figured out they will put up MONSTER numbers