Reminder

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Reminder

As people get their Easter freak on over the Iginla affair and the current lack of anything remotely resembling commitment in the Bruins' play about 70% of the time - there are only four teams in the entire league with more points than the Bruins.  Still.  After almost a month of them blowing third period leads and starting games down 2.  Pittsburgh, El Shabbo, Chicago and Anaheim.  That's it.  And I know someone is going to say yeah, but they're playing like garbage right now so it doesn't matter how many points they racked up in January, to which I say as long as they get it right enough to make the playoffs and play their game in April, May and June how they play for any regular season 10 game stretch don't mean bupkus.  5th best record in the league.

Right now, maybe they got complacent when they were 17-3-3 or maybe the deadline fiasco is sapping their focus or maybe the injuries are disrupting everything.  They aren't playing well.  But if you think this team needs to be "blown up" or that they have to make a major trade or they should just fail out and get a better draft pick, you seriously need to check your fan card.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Reminder

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

As people get their Easter freak on over the Iginla affair and the current lack of anything remotely resembling commitment in the Bruins' play about 70% of the time - there are only four teams in the entire league with more points than the Bruins.  Still.  After almost a month of them blowing third period leads and starting games down 2.  Pittsburgh, El Shabbo, Chicago and Anaheim.  That's it.  And I know someone is going to say yeah, but they're playing like garbage right now so it doesn't matter how many points they racked up in January, to which I say as long as they get it right enough to make the playoffs and play their game in April, May and June how they play for any regular season 10 game stretch don't mean bupkus.  5th best record in the league.

Right now, maybe they got complacent when they were 17-3-3 or maybe the deadline fiasco is sapping their focus or maybe the injuries are disrupting everything.  They aren't playing well.  But if you think this team needs to be "blown up" or that they have to make a major trade or they should just fail out and get a better draft pick, you seriously need to check your fan card.

Book, its all typical fan overreaction. Of course i wish the B's were steamrolling everyone but realistically that doesn't happen unless you're a Blackhawk fan this year. The Ducks lost 4 in a row and they were the hottest team in hockey, slumps happen.If the B's can remain healthy , get their injured players back and add a couple "good" players they will be fine.Good thing we're not fans of the Rags, Flyers, Wings, Devils, Sabres and the like because they're struggling just to make the dance. While the Leafs,Shabs, Senators, and a few others are feel good stories for the season, we'll see what happens when the playoffs start. I'm sure the doom and gloomers will disappear when the Bruins start winning again and will reappear when things go bad.

As far as all the fire the coach, trade everyone and wish we had Hall threads, all is forgotten when the team is winning. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Book, its all typical fan overreaction. Of course i wish the B's were steamrolling everyone but realistically that doesn't happen unless you're a Blackhawk fan this year. The Ducks lost 4 in a row and they were the hottest team in hockey, slumps happen.If the B's can remain healthy , get their injured players back and add a couple "good" players they will be fine.Good thing we're not fans of the Rags, Flyers, Wings, Devils, Sabres and the like because they're struggling just to make the dance. While the Leafs,Shabs, Senators, Caps and a few others are feel good stories for the season, we'll see what happens when the playoffs start. I'm sure the doom and gloomers will disappear when the Bruins start winning again and will reappear when things go bad.

As far as all the fire the coach, trade everyone and wish we had Hall threads, all is forgotten when the team is winning. 

Bang on, 50  As much as we'd like them to, the Bruins can't win every game.  They're in a dip right now but better now than in a month's time when the stakes become higher.  Seems curious folks bailing on a team that's admitedly played some lousy hockey along the way yet stand at 21-8-4.  But hey, what can you do?  So be it. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Regardless of the current losing streak, i still think they're one of the best teams in the league.  We still haven't seen that team from last Nov yet.  My only concern is Rask.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to bim09's comment:

Regardless of the current losing streak, i still think they're one of the best teams in the league.  We still haven't seen that team from last Nov yet.  My only concern is Rask.

Until he wins 2 rounds or more we don't really know how he'll stand up but there are some other teams such as the Shabs,Hawks,Ducks,Rangers etc that have goalies that have never won the Cup.Everything has to go right to win it all as we have already experienced in 2011.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Great post, Book!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to bim09's comment:

My only concern is Rask.

I'm not overly concerned on Rask.  You don't get to be as good a goaltender he is, fundamentally, without being coachable.  The only "problems" I've seen with Rask have been coachable problems.  Read's goal, for example, he overplayed just a little and gave him too much far side.  The one Read put off the post, it didn't look like he had his angle.  Little things that wobble over the course of a year.  Get on it, Essensa.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Looking outside the Bs situation in march, theres alot of suprises going on, Ottawa toronto, Mtl , look at chicago back down to earth, anaheim a surprise, probably the most consisten team in the nhl. Now you got edmonton playing well , seems like  this is anybodys year really and the Bs always every year have this funk and do come out of it.

Good post Book

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Thanks for leveling the Critical Masses Book!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Fan cards? We get fan cards!? Oh boy!

Excellent post, book.

Clearly, the B's have some issues to iron out and I suspect they will. Hopefully sooner rather than later. What kind of team they'll be come playoff time is hard to guage right now but if everyone steps back from the edge and calms down they should realize this is still a very good team capable of beating anyone.

The fan overreaction comes not just from the recent losses but how they are losing. It's unacceptable to a card-carrying B's fan to see our team play with so little fight and less than full effort.

Happy Easter to any and all who care about that. And GO BRUINS!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Of course you are right. Playoffs are all that really matter. I wanted CJ's head after loosing the first 2 game against the schabs in the first round, 2 years ago, and look how that turned out.:-)

It's just here in Leafs land, I have to put up with the fans strutting around like they have done something. Need to wipe that grin off their faces.