Renney out as oilers coach

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Renney out as oilers coach

Didnt see this one coming, thought he might have shot to reap the benefits of teaching all those young players. When your a Coach, draft picks are for the next coach.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Re: Renney out as oilers coach

He must not have liked the new arena design.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Was listening to an Edmonton correspondent on THE FAN 590 today who said in his opinion the Oilers handled this situation poorly by leaving Renney's status up in the air for such a long time.  He said this may have been due to club brass making sure they had the replacement locked up before dumping Renney.  This guy also didn't think it was in good taste for them to have Renney do a press conference afterwards. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Please let Cunneyworth get a shot at it. I would love for the guy to get a real chance with a real hockey club...then burn MTL every time they meet on HNIC.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

People are weirdly sympathetic toward Renney.  Personally, I look at this as Karma for the part he played in gaming Pat Quinn.  I have no great love of Quinn, but the Oilers handled that situation even less well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Brent Sutter, welcome to Edmonton .

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Edmonton Sun sports writer Terry Jones said Renney might have been the perfect coach to take the Oilers through the last two years, with the patience he showed in the development of the Oilers' young stars he "isn’t coming back because he wasn’t viewed as a dynamic coach capable of the inspirational and motivational leadership to take the Edmonton Oilers to the future."  Jones believes GM Tambellini sees Brent Sutter as that guy.