Replacement for Julien?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Replacement for Julien?

I wish you guys would remember what I say, and here's a prediction you can live by.

*When* Julien gets canned, and it is only a matter of time before every NHL coach in the world gets fired (except Ruff), see who comes running to snap him up.  See if its a team that expects to contend for a cup - or more likely a team in shambles looking to get a decent NHL coach to put things back together, then can him.

Again - see who hires him.  Would anyone be surprised if no one did?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Gord Kluzak

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: Replacement for Julien?:
    [QUOTE]LOL  ... can't wait for the next scape-goat to come into town.  Fire Francona ! for the record I have to agree Julien has to go if this series is lost. I just hope at least one player has the balz to come out and say that they're to blame also.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

With the poor outlet passes, average goaltending, defenseman lapses, centers lost in space, the coach is only an excuse.  If and when the Bs are eliminated, the discussion of CJs tenure will dominate.  Some players better start looking for a new venue:  Ryder, Boychuk, Seidenberg, Kelly to name a few.  Certainly a number of players could be fodder in potential trades like Krejci.  Now of that speculation is for down the road in my book.  

BTW time to look at Dineen, Mueller, Gordon, but not old fossils.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

Jacques Lemaire

Offer him whatever he wants......a private jet......a PS3....free Wheat Thins for life...whatever!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Ted Nolan or Scott Gordan

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

Kevin Dineen or Kirk Muller  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 77Fan. Show 77Fan's posts

Word has it Dale Hunter may be available next year. He's done such a good job in London of the OHL, that he can't be overlooked for an Nhl job

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Mark Recchi.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cup2009. Show cup2009's posts

In Response to Replacement for Julien?:
    [QUOTE]Ok...So say the Bruins go down in a ball of flames and Claude gets canned who is out there that is decent?  I do not want to hear Milbury or Neely.  Neely has not experience and Milbury was not that good of a coach.  I wish Scotty Bowman was available. 
    Posted by joegiunts[/QUOTE]
     So your point is tokeep Julian

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cup2009. Show cup2009's posts

In Response to Replacement for Julien?:
    [QUOTE]Ok...So say the Bruins go down in a ball of flames and Claude gets canned who is out there that is decent?  I do not want to hear Milbury or Neely.  Neely has not experience and Milbury was not that good of a coach.  I wish Scotty Bowman was available. 
    Posted by joegiunts[/QUOTE]
     So your point is tokeep Julien

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cup2009. Show cup2009's posts

One name come to mind Dave Tippet, that team phoniex will orlooks like its headed to Winnipeg which sucks for the NHL. Im sure he will not want to go to Winnipeg no one wantsto go there.. He is a great coach. Coach of the year last season. He took a team with off ice issues and limited talent into a good team   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from daPope. Show daPope's posts

Julien should be gone last week, and Neely should take over for the rest of the season.  Since Ruff seems to have irrevocable tenure Dineen is a great choice to go after.  He has done a great job Portland and from what I hear he is well liked in the office and the locker room.  It is hard to tell being a spectator, but if Recchi has the team's ear and the ability he should be looked at as at least an assistant...but he may just play another year. 

If there is a hockey god please take Julien away to Edmunton...I've been really good this year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Pat Burns

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Ted Donato
    Elizabeth Taylor

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I stand behind my choice Kevin Dineen.  Muller would not be a bad coach but seriously ex Habs usually suck at coaching against their old team!!  I do not want to see another repeat like this year...it is gettign me sick!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from scotland19. Show scotland19's posts

Pat Burns (rest his soul)
    He has more life in him than Clod

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Replacement for Julien? : With the poor outlet passes, average goaltending, defenseman lapses, centers lost in space, the coach is only an excuse.  If and when the Bs are eliminated, the discussion of CJs tenure will dominate.  Some players better start looking for a new venue:  Ryder, Boychuk, Seidenberg, Kelly to name a few.  Certainly a number of players could be fodder in potential trades like Krejci.  Now of that speculation is for down the road in my book.   BTW time to look at Dineen, Mueller, Gordon, but not old fossils.  
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]
    I don't think it is an excuse. This team was made by what Claude wanted. This roster was a result of what Claude wanted. Now it's been exposed (again and again). The team is missing that certain something to put them over the top... scorers. Claude doesn't like those types of guys though. I don't see it as an excuse at all. I see it as fact.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Replacement for Julien? : I don't think it is an excuse. This team was made by what Claude wanted. This roster was a result of what Claude wanted. Now it's been exposed (again and again). The team is missing that certain something to put them over the top... scorers. Claude doesn't like those types of guys though. I don't see it as an excuse at all. I see it as fact.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

Callo, I don't disagree with your point.  Actually the management team decided to go into the defensive scheme intially with the signing of Chara.  My point was only that laying blame is futile at this point, hockey imo relies heavily on team play for success, more than any other sport that comes to mind.  So the system should not be changed during the playoffs, experiementation is done during the season. So we live with CJ system, and the season just may end with that system.  I am not quite ready to pull the plug on the Bs this season.  I will say it does not look good!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

My personal pick would be to try Crawford for a year or two while grooming someone in Providence. At least Crawford has won a cup....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-Unite. Show Bruins-Unite's posts

Either that mean old lady from the Golden Girls or Aaron Ward, who has no experience but seems to know exactly what's going on.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

You know that sesame street song

'one of these things is not like the others
    one of these things just doesn't belong'

Cam - former Bruin
    PC, Harvard grad, former college player.
    Don Sweeney, Harvard grad, former Bruin

And then there's Claude - former Hab, no college education.

To me Claude is one of those old school neanderthal type coaches who never had much going on upstairs to begin with, and then took tons of concussions in  the mnors.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

somebody with some passion and fire.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

We all know Marc Crawford is available now. Not sure about him though. What about Bob Hartley? I don't think he is coaching anywhere right now. I know - another French-Canadian guy.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Wouldn't be surprised to see the Ottawa pipeline continue and recently fired Cory Clouston get a look from Chiarelli (even though he wasn't a PC hire). Wouldn't be a bad fit, either. Players seem to to respond well to him and the issues in Ottawa were more of a historical one and not necessarily the short-lived Clouston's fault. Love his up-tempo style, too.

I've seen tons of Portland Pirates games and while I like Dineen, he's certainly a more reserved coach and his team doesn't always bring the effort every night. It's tough to judge AHL coaches because they all play the style forced upon them by the parent club. Who knows what type of system Dineen would favor. For now, he's in Ruff's shadow. If Buffalo falters, I wouldn't be surprised to see them finally make the move to Dineen with new management and all.