Replacement for Savard...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Replacement for Savard...

I'm, of course, assuming that he will be done for the season...

What about Mike Fisher from the Sens? A little more money, slightly younger, consistent 20 goal scorer, hard worker and it seems like the Sens are already willing to deal.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: Replacement for Savard...

http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/2011/02/03/17147261.html

Okay, so maybe Fisher isn't a possibility! But, I still think the Bruins biggest concern should be replacing the void left by Savard's absence and there are good options out there... how about David Backes (he'll be a UFA, he's younger, a bigger body, having a decent year on a team that looks like they are going nowhere?)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sparkes. Show sparkes's posts

Could we get fisher for hamil, paille and our 1 pick this year

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

In Response to Re: Replacement for Savard...:
    Could we get fisher for hamil, paille and our 1 pick this year
    Posted by sparkes

No

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Singing the Blues without Perron head mooshed by Jumbo. Davidson needs offense. PC has dealt with St. Louis twice in the past so this dance might happen again da Blues have strength at defense Boston needs that help could see it but Davidson isn't going to give up a forward.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Singing the Blues without Perron head mooshed by Jumbo. Davidson needs offense. PC has dealt with St. Louis twice in the past so this dance might happen again da Blues have strength at defense Boston needs that help could see it but Davidson isn't going to give up a forward.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Okay, makes sense. How about Antoine Vermette... he's not a UFA (in fact, he's signed for while), younger, cheaper contract, reasonable size and reliable for 20 goals.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Replacement for Savard... : Okay, makes sense. How about Antoine Vermette... he's not a UFA (in fact, he's signed for while), younger, cheaper contract, reasonable size and reliable for 20 goals.
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey

20 goals:  Bergeron, Krecji, Lucic (maybe 30), Wheeler, Ryder, Recchi, Seguin (next year), Marchand.

No need for more 2nd/3rd line players.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In Response to Re: Replacement for Savard... : 20 goals:  Bergeron, Krecji, Lucic (maybe 30), Wheeler, Ryder, Recchi, Seguin (next year), Marchand. No need for more 2nd/3rd line players.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Completely disagree. First, I don't know that there is one superstar player available to be had for the money that we have available. Second, even if there were, I'm not sure the team is built that way... seems like CJ wants to roll 3 quality scoring lines and 1 energy line (so we need 9 potential 20+ goal scorers, right?) Everyone wants a superstar, but I would rather have several stars over a Kovalchuk or a Malkin.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Malkin?  Well, if he were healthy, I'd trade any player, and a secondary player and the Toronto pick to get him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Ah, there's the "if" ...well, "if" Savard were healthy, I'm not sure we would be having this discussion. The problem with having superstars is that there are way too many Matt Cooke types out there.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Ah, there's the "if" ...well, "if" Savard were healthy, I'm not sure we would be having this discussion. The problem with having superstars is that there are way too many Matt Cooke types out there.

Well, Malkin just went out with an ACL and MCL injury, so I figured you were referring to him as healthy as well, but wanted to clarify.  If you weren't, well, of course, I'd rather have Wheeler than Malkin on the shelf for six months.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

CSNNE.com has confirmed that the Marc Savard will sit out the remainder of the season after suffering a second concussion in under a year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

CSNNE.com has confirmed that the Marc Savard will sit out the remainder of the season after suffering a second concussion in under a year.
    Posted by bruinsfan084evr

Problem for the team is, "What about next year?" I hope Savvy doesn't decide to return just for the paycheck, he's got kids and a long life to think about...

In the meantime, B's should move on a replacement sooner rather than later as Montreal is creeping up on us in the standings. New Jersey might be willing to deal Zajac... younger, bigger, cheaper, few health issues and knows the defensive system?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Replacement for Savard... : Problem for the team is, "What about next year?" I hope Savvy doesn't decide to return just for the paycheck, he's got kids and a long life to think about... In the meantime, B's should move on a replacement sooner rather than later as Montreal is creeping up on us in the standings. New Jersey might be willing to deal Zajac... younger, bigger, cheaper, few health issues and knows the defensive system?

If he retired due to injury he would still get paid wouldn't he?I watched the Habs/Devils game today and was also intrigued by Zajac as a possibility.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In Response to Re: Replacement for Savard... : If he retired due to injury he would still get paid wouldn't he?I watched the Habs/Devils game today and was also intrigued by Zajac as a possibility.
    Posted by dezaruchi

If not Zajac... there is Zubrus. I believe he is a year older than Savard, but still a bigger body and cheaper contract. He's a former first rounder that plays the front of the net well and knows a defensive system.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Installment 1 Forward

Richards 7.8M is not out of range because he is a UFA.

Kovalchuk + Salmela---      Oduya-#3D-3.5M/ Bergfors2nd liner -900K

Cormier-Top prospect 854K/2010 1st rounder-(Kevin Hayes)24th

Player in 3-4 range plus another NHL player, a top prospect and a pick.

They are weak at D
    Seidenberg 3.25, Wheeler 2.2, Arniel- Prospect and B's first rounder.  This is a lot to give up but worth it if Richards can be resigned in 6M range for 6 years or if it brings the cup.  We have offered valuable players, a solid D a 20+ scorer, that will make us weaker possibly next year, but they can be replaced and we have not disrupted key cogs in our wheel.
      At 5.45M, with available 5M if Sav sits -7.8M = 2.65M left for a D or a D upgrade.

Or maybe
    Ference 2.25, Ryder 4M, Arniel and B 1st rounder.
    6.25 + 5 -7.8 = 3.45M left over.

Ryder and Wheeler are definite assets whether anyone thinks so or not, and important parts of our O, as are Seid and Fer of the D.

If Dal cannot resign Rich then they would make this deal.  Bos would become a threat with a bonafide star, just need to replace the D that goes (Stuart interim), will miss winger and Arniel as well.

Lines like
    Luc              Rich            Hort
    Ryd/Wheel     Krej         Seg
    March          Berg         Recc
    Pail             Camp        Thorn

Z            Kamp
    Boych        Fer/Seid
    Stu         McQ

Then a deal for D.

It can be done and is not unreasonable, even to lose Rich in summer, we will still have the money to go back after Ryder as Cj will want him back.LOL

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

D replacement

Nas has 10M in cap space, but they have no money, Weber is at 4.5M and will be moving to 6M, he is Rfa though. So either he or Suter 3.5M may be gone or available for right trade.

Similar trade last deadline

Visnosky5.6M---    Ryan Whitney 4M/  6th round 2010(Brandon Davidson)

Seid + Arniel + B 1st rounder  3.25 + 3.45(from above) - 4.5 = 2.2 Cap Left

Fer + Arniel + B 1st rounder  2.25 + 2.65(above) - 4.5 = 400K cap left

Also offer any of Wheel, Pail, Camp, Ryd in place of Arniel or with if that is what it takes.

These are valid offers if NAS cannot make commitment to Weber, or Suter is available, both are valid #2's to Z and better than what we have.

Lines if both have been done the D and F above.

Ryd/Wheel     Krej         Seg
    March          Berg         Recc
    Pail             Camp        Thorn
    If another roster player had to go for trades, then pick up Torres to replace Wheeler/Ryder, or at least a 20G man or best UFA available for least, like a 2nd rounder.

Z           Kamp
    Boych     Weber
    Stu         McQ

PP
    Z           Web

Berg    Krej        Rec
    Kamp   Boyc

Armchair GM, sorry Stanley, they hired me, I got er done without giving away top 6  Luc, Hort, Krej, Seg, March,  and Berg, but Wheels is likely an asking piece as he is valuable.  Recc wouldn't go and N-A-S, nobody wanted Hamill or Thornton.

Did this without having to look at junk like Kaberle, who noone in their right mind would want.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Shup picked up Torres for you, but he would prob be a press box with Cj.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

D replacement Nas has 10M in cap space, but they have no money, Weber is at 4.5M and will be moving to 6M, he is Rfa though. So either he or Suter 3.5M may be gone or available for right trade. Similar trade last deadline Visnosky5.6M---     Ryan Whitney 4M/   6 th round 2010(Brandon Davidson)   Seid + Arniel + B 1st rounder  3.25 + 3.45(from above) - 4.5 = 2.2 Cap Left   Fer + Arniel + B 1st rounder  2.25 + 2.65(above) - 4.5 = 400K cap left Also offer any of Wheel, Pail, Camp, Ryd in place of Arniel or with if that is what it takes. These are valid offers if NAS cannot make commitment to Weber, or Suter is available, both are valid #2's to Z and better than what we have. Lines if both have been done the D and F above. Luc              Rich            Hort Ryd/Wheel     Krej         Seg March          Berg         Recc Pail             Camp        Thorn If another roster player had to go for trades, then pick up Torres to replace Wheeler/Ryder, or at least a 20G man or best UFA available for least, like a 2nd rounder. Z           Kamp Boych     Weber Stu         McQ PP Luc              Rich            Hort Z           Web Berg    Krej        Rec Kamp   Boyc Armchair GM, sorry Stanley, they hired me, I got er done without giving away top 6  Luc, Hort, Krej, Seg, March,  and Berg, but Wheels is likely an asking piece as he is valuable.  Recc wouldn't go and N-A-S, nobody wanted Hamill or Thornton. Did this without having to look at junk like Kaberle, who noone in their right mind would want.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

I don't know if it's because his team is so bad but Kaberle looked like an all star in yesterdays game against Buffalo and he could be had for a pick.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Replacement for Savard... : I don't know if it's because his team is so bad but Kaberle looked like an all star in yesterdays game against Buffalo and he could be had for a pick.
    Posted by dezaruchi

I know... Kabs to Chara on the PP.... Fawk..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Replacement for Savard... : If he retired due to injury he would still get paid wouldn't he?I watched the Habs/Devils game today and was also intrigued by Zajac as a possibility.
    Posted by dezaruchi

I seriously doubt they would get rid of the Toews of the eastern conference dez.

(not my quote)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Columbus is desperate for a defenceman to play the PP.  I don't know if they would take Andrew Ference or Johnny Boychuk.  They have many talented forwards to offer.

St-Louis is desperate for a forward, but so is Boston.  Don't see what we can swing.  If Boston wants to take back Brad Boyes, then something is possible.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Replacement for Savard... : I seriously doubt they would get rid of the Toews of the eastern conference dez. (not my quote)
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey

I never heard that quote but it's quite a stretch.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I really like adding Alex Tanguay for a Cup run... I know this doesn't address the need to replace Savard's production, but he is putting up good numbers for his cap hit. He'll be an UFA, he's got Stanley Cup experience and he's on a bubble team currently out of the playoffs. Heck, I'd even try to sign him to replace Recchi next year (assuming he retires!)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Wheeler, Stuart and Bruins #1 for Iginla.  Helps fix PP and gives them a legit goal scorer on the wing.

Sections
Shortcuts