Report: Canadiens to buy out Kaberle

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Report: Canadiens to buy out Kaberle

"It appears Tomas Kaberle won’t be back with the Montreal Canadiens next season. According to multiple reports, the 35-year-old defenseman was informed by the organization Sunday that the club will buy out the remaining year on his contract, which has a salary cap hit of $4.25 million.

TSN’s Bob McKenzie first reported the Kaberle news via Twitter. Kaberle appeared in 10 games for Montreal this season, totaling three assists and a plus-4 rating"

Does anyone agree with me that PC should...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

Re: Report: Canadiens to buy out Kaberle

How this guy got that contract with Carolina I will never know...

Sorry Tomas, Bruins D-Pairings are set next year and have no need for your services.

Chara, Seidenberg, Boychuk, Hamilton, McQuaid, Bartkowski, Krug. Enough said...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Does anyone agree with me that PC should...

... laugh at Rutherford?

Picture didn't show.  Now I'm dying with curiousity.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Should call Kaberle and say thank you for the help with the cup in 11 and enjoy your retirement? Yes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

...ask him to call in and give some veteran advice to Krug and Chara based on his observations

Because:

(1) He's on the outside looking in and therefore has a fresh perspective

(2) He' spersonal friends w Chara

(3) He was an "offensive defenseman" like Krug

(4) He was part of the 2011 cup winning team

...I dont see why not.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I could see a team picking him up but it would be for next to nothing. I would think he plays in Europe his last few years before retiring.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I could see a team picking him up but it would be for next to nothing. I would think he plays in Europe his last few years before retiring.

Detroit, Philly, heck if the leafs trade phaneuf maybe he goes back there.  If he takes a cheap deal he will find work.  If he wants a big cheque he is toast.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

A team would have to be pretty desperate to pay this guy anything more than next to nothing.  I'm guessing that he's done in the NHL and, as stated above, will play his twillight out in the soft confines of the Euro leagues.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

A team would have to be pretty desperate to pay this guy anything more than next to nothing.  I'm guessing that he's done in the NHL and, as stated above, will play his twillight out in the soft confines of the Euro leagues.

NAS. Same was said of redden and souray.  Puck moving dmen who are willing to take a pay cut will have a job.  I dont think kaberle has as much to offer as those two but i think he will find a job.