Report: Clowe could be dealt today, Bruins front runners

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Report: Clowe could be dealt today, Bruins front runners

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=419508

I hate to get peoples hopes up, or down, but here it is..

On the postive side, he's due to score.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Re: Report: Clowe could be dealt today, Bruins front runners

Clowe for Caron even up would be fine with me. But Chia loves to part with draft picks, which is a true sign of a manager that doesn't know the value of building thru the draft. If he did we'd have more legit prospects coming to the NHL than we do. Hamill-done. Caron-unimpressive. Colborne-traded and not in NHL.  Sauve-stuck in minors. Probably one of the worst drafting success records in recent years of any team. Bruins drafting is on a par with their power play. 

Now it seems there's rumor Clowe might end up in Montreal. Hope we get him instead. Sometimes a change of scenery is all it takes to get a guy going. Especially if Krecji is feeding him (Horton to 3rd line). 

I also wouldn't mind packaging Kelly and Peverly for a legit 20 goal scorer once we get Clowe. Neither has done anything this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

With so many teams still within range of a playoff spot names are flying around as well as where they may end up.  Watch RogerSportsNet and TSN start their NHL Trade Deadline coverage later this morning at 8 a. m.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from superj2k10. Show superj2k10's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=419508

I hate to get peoples hopes up, or down, but here it is..

On the postive side, he's due to score.

If Clowe is the "guy" then no thanks i'll pass. Would be extremely dissapointed if thats their alternative big-fish. We need someone with legit offensive skills. 

There are quite of few players that have been tossed around on being avaible. Ironically, their teams have not denied nor confirm the speculation.

Here are some significant names that have been rumored and not shut down by their respective clubs on being available:

San Jose

Patrick Marleau

Dan Boyle

Phoenix

Kieth Yandle

Shane Doan

Edmonton Oilers

Ales Hemsky

Sam Gagner

Ryan Whitney

Columbus Blue Jackets

RJ Umberger

New York Islanders

Mark Streit

Kyle Okposo

Brad Boyes

Anaheim Ducks

Bobby Ryan

Washington Capitals

Troy Brouwer

Dallas Stars

Jaromir Jagr

Derek Roy

Ray Whitney

Colorado Avalanche

Paul Stastny

Milan Hejduk

Calgary Flames

Curtis Glencross

Jay Bouwmeester

Mike Cammalleri

Philadelphia Flyers

Wayne Simmonds

Kimmo Timonen

Danny Briere

Florida Panthers

Brian Campbell

Dmitry Kulikov

Tomas Fleischmann

Looking at the list, one could say that theres still some good players available. However, is figuring out what combinations of players could complement your current roster.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Clowe's also a UFA next season.  You'd think he'd be playing for a new contract -- zero goals says "maybe I don't deserve $4 mil next season".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Go figure now PC will make a dumb move and take someone's trash. Bring up the kids and let 'em earn their stripes. Provided we have any kids worth bringing up

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

Yeah, this would be a winner of a pick up.  Pandolfo could move up to the 2nd line.  

2 forwards with 0 goals; let's do it.  Who needs goals, anyway?

I'd take ANYONE in the list above before Clowe.    But, maybe PC sees this season as a non-Cup season and is trying to buy this guy cheap and see what pans out....

Clowe is not the answer.

You can take Briere off the list (concussion).
    The Ducks probably won't trade Ryan unless they get someone in return who can help them win a cup now - maybe they would fall for Lazyc (good riddance).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to mitchco98's comment:

Just like Karberle was supposed to help the PP. I would pass on Clowe, PC missed out on Ryder scored another goal tonight 14 games 7 G and 7 A total of 14 points. Man I can see PC overpaying out of sure desperation what a clown.

This is a myth.  The Habs traded Erik Cole for Ryder.  Cole scored 35 goals for the Habs last year.  Dallas also had to kick-in a 3rd round pick.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

More concerned about the shoulder than the lack of production, I think he would be a great p/u (at the right price).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to superj2k10's comment:

Florida Panthers

Brian Campbell

Dmitry Kulikov

Tomas Fleischmann

I can't imagine the Panthers having any in deal Kulikov.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Zero goals.  Come on.  I know the guy has scored in the past, but seriously, how do you have zero goals?  His big year was '10-11, when he almost had 25 goals.

I don't think Clowe is the answer unless the question is "Who can play on Boston's third line?"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Zero goals.  Come on.  I know the guy has scored in the past, but seriously, how do you have zero goals?  His big year was '10-11, when he almost had 25 goals.

I don't think Clowe is the answer unless the question is "Who can play on Boston's third line?"

This is the question unless PC wants to shake-up his top-6.  Not sure that's where he's going.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Of course, where else would they play him ?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Clowe isn't my first choice, but I didn't really want them to get Kelly either and that worked out okay.  And hey, getting Clowe means PC can say he "replaced Ryder".  Lost a Newf, found a Newf.

Put him on the first line with Krejci and Horton.  Put Lucic on the line with Peverley and Caron.  That line was together for two periods and it led to more goals fromthe third line (1) than that line has produced in a month without Lucic.  I think he's exactly what Peverley and Caron need.  And I'll betting that playing with Krejci and Horton will lead to more than 0 goals for Clowe.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I think we all like Clowe's gm or have liked it at one time but he is not the answer and the team should not sacrifice any kind of future talent for a guy w/ zero goals. Maybe a trade will help spark this team but the reality is it will probably do very little. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

DONT WORRY ....CLOWE IS GOING TO MONTREAL 

They have 6 picks in the 1st 2 rounds at the next draft ....not a chance that we get him + scabs GM mentionned that he wanted to add a big physical presence....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I would love Bobby Ryan ...2nd would be Shane Doan , 3rd Brad Boyes

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I wouldnt mind clowe if the price is right,  beg body on the 3rd line, get some stabilty there going into the playoffs.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

DONT WORRY ....CLOWE IS GOING TO MONTREAL 

They have 6 picks in the 1st 2 rounds at the next draft ....not a chance that we get him + scabs GM mentionned that he wanted to add a big physical presence....

Incorrect. 

http://www.draftsite.com/nhl/montreal/54/

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

More concerned about the shoulder than the lack of production, I think he would be a great p/u (at the right price).

Yah I'm ok with Clowe as well. I think PC will go for the bigger grinder type this year. The Bruins need some big bodies that can hammer out some hits during the playoffs.

Brad Boyes LoL

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Clowe always performs in the playoffs. When the stars go chokey he keeps thumping and bumping. One good playoffs and he will get paid.  Ask Ward in washington.  Worst case scenario is we have him on third line which isnt bad.  Best case scenario they add a scorer(jagr) and clowe ejects ST for the playoffs.  

dk/jagr/horton

bergies line

kelly peverly lucic

campy/paille/clowe

give dallas the iggy deal and bring in robidas and jagr.  Give caron for clowe.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Just like Karberle was supposed to help the PP. I would pass on Clowe, PC missed out on Ryder scored another goal tonight 14 games 7 G and 7 A total of 14 points. Man I can see PC overpaying out of sure desperation what a clown.

This is a myth.  The Habs traded Erik Cole for Ryder.  Cole scored 35 goals for the Habs last year.  Dallas also had to kick-in a 3rd round pick.

Ryder scored 35 goals last year. comparing this years stats Cole 6 goals 3 assits cap hit of 4.5 million next year, Ryder 13 goals 15 assits UFA. Not sure what your point is Dallas got fleeced.
    PC has been eating too much of the Prosciutto this year.

You're kidding, right?  Ryder is a pending UFA, and Cole has 2 more years remaining on his deal.  That's why Dallas had to give a 3rd rounder along with Ryder to get it done. 

Cole has had a bad year, both in MTL and thus far in DAL, but unfair to suggest PC was asleep at the switch on Ryder.  Wasn't like a draft pick/prospect deal, what would Cole's comparable be from the roster, Horton?   

Sections
Shortcuts