Report: Clowe could be dealt today, Bruins front runners

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: Report: Clowe could be dealt today, Bruins front runners

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

I don't want Clowe if that's the only 'BIG" move that PC makes!. This team needs a shot in the arm in the worse way. And it's at least 3 moves away from being a contender now. That's a goalscorer, a 3rd liner that could play on the 2nd line if need be & a strong d-man. IF PC brings any less then this. The B's are in a heap of trouble.

I agree, Clowe would be an upgrade on the 3rd line but more better be on the way. 

Almost comical when a player with no goals is an upgrade over a present third line member when what is needed from them is supportive scoring, 50.  I'd like to believe Chiarelli recognizes the needs of the Bruins right now and address them.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

i agree that the b's need more than Clowe but guys like him who bump and grind are what teams look for come playoff time....

just hope PC doesn't overpay although that might be hard not to do considering the pickings are only going to get slimmer as Wednes. approaches....

b's best bet could be a trade that brings in a contract or two that goes past July and worry about the payroll once the playoffs are done....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I agree.  Clowe (alone) is not the cure to what ails us.  Id almost rather see Spooner on teh off-wing in a full time role.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Absolutely Clowe would be a nice addition. He's not the answer, but no one player is. Time to see some fresh faces.

While they're at it, go out and land Stafford or Roy and some defensive help, too.

Shake it up!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I am thinking they probably need 2 legit forwards to replace 2 of 3 of Caron, Pandolfo, and ST and 1 decent d man .

A timely comback by Kelly would take one of these guys out and acquisitions the other two. 

They need another sold D man even if McQuaid comes back.

Can't make a run without real depth....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Pierre LeBrun @Real_ESPNLeBrun 5m

Not written in stone but possible a Clowe trade goes down today... Clowe camp and Sharks on same page as far as teams in mix. Clowe has NTC

Among teams that I believe have at least talked to SJ are Flyers, Wild, Canucks, Habs, Rangers, Bruins... and believe there are more...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I like Clowe but and if PC trades for him I hope he doesn't give up much at all for a scoreless rental. Marty Brodeur has more goals than Clowe.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

If they are looking for a first or a top prospect, they should be told to get bent.

I hear they are looking for both.

Im nervous.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to WalkTheLine's comment:

I like Clowe but and if PC trades for him I hope he doesn't give up much at all for a scoreless rental. Marty Brodeur has more goals than Clowe.

He likely won't be a rental. His agent is pushing for a sign and trade.

Whoever trades for him will have to take on whatever contract SJ signs him to, though the purchasing team will probably have input on the terms...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Not written in stone but possible a Clowe trade goes down today... Clowe camp and Sharks on same page as far as teams in mix. Clowe has NTC

Among teams that I believe have at least talked to SJ are Flyers, Wild, Canucks, Habs, Rangers, Bruins... and believe there are more...

That's too many teams. PC should concentrate somewhere else or he'll be left hanging . In the end I think Clowe will cost too much.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

My guess is that he end up in Montreal; they have the most need for someone with his skill set (ability to bang and mix it up). 

Being on the left coast and seeing many SJ games--it is my opinion that this guy is going to break out of his funk.  He is still getting chances and creates havoc in front of the other team's goal. As I stated earlier, he could easily have as many goals as Lucic right now BUT he has had early season Seguinitis for the entire year thus far.

My only knock on him is the undisciplined penalties he gets.  This guy is not a Jonathon Cheechoo, fall off the scoring map completely, 1-dimensional player, never to be seen again type.  He brings other elements to his game that are very postive, especially come playoff time.  I hope the B's make a serious pitch for this guy--(not a first rounder but most everything else). 

Personally, I'd like to see a line of Clowe, Spooner, and Peverley for the 3rd unit. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to lucdufour's comment:

My guess is that he end up in Montreal; they have the most need for someone with his skill set (ability to bang and mix it up). 

Being on the left coast and seeing many SJ games--it is my opinion that this guy is going to break out of his funk.  He is still getting chances and creates havoc in front of the other team's goal. As I stated earlier, he could easily have as many goals as Lucic right now BUT he has had early season Seguinitis for the entire year thus far.

My only knock on him is the undisciplined penalties he gets.  This guy is not a Jonathon Cheechoo, fall off the scoring map completely, 1-dimensional player, never to be seen again type.  He brings other elements to his game that are very postive, especially come playoff time.  I hope the B's make a serious pitch for this guy--(not a first rounder but most everything else). 

Personally, I'd like to see a line of Clowe, Spooner, and Peverley for the 3rd unit. 

That is my fear. I won't feel as bad if the Bruins don't make this trade so as long he doesn't end up in Montreal.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

That is my fear. I won't feel as bad if the Bruins don't make this trade so as long he doesn't end up in Montreal.

Well said B's Legion... Hopefully, we can up the ante just enough so the Montreal would have to give up at least a 1rst rounder for this guy.   San Jose just might get the first rounder too if you look at what the Sabres received for Gaustad last year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Wouldn't surprised if the Bruins don't land a marquee player by the deadline.  Doesn't seem if there are all the many up for grabs now anyway.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

If montreal parts w a first and a top prospect for him, I cheer.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

That's too many teams. PC should concentrate somewhere else or he'll be left hanging . In the end I think Clowe will cost too much.

Exactly.  Hes a big body who doesnt have a goal this year.  I hear the asking price is a first and a prospect.  I have to assume that there is a hard-working, physical, third line type available for less.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Question about Clowe: the years when he was a 60 pt guy.  Was he playing w/ Marleau and Thornton?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernB. Show NorthernB's posts

Sportnet reporting Clowe is close to becoming a Flyer....

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/report-sharks-close-to-trading-clowe-to-flyers/

BBB

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to NorthernB's comment:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/report-sharks-close-to-trading-clowe-to-flyers/

BBB

Trading Couturier for Clowe seems excessive and Flyeresque.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Maybe the B's can trump the Flyers with a 2nd Rounder + 2 high school draft picks.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernB. Show NorthernB's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to NorthernB's comment:

BBB

agreed Dez...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I'll be happy if Couturier goes for Clowe. Another bad trade for Philly. I'm a fan.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

BBB

So Holmgren thinks the Flyers can play .750 hockey from a week ago on in then. I would not give up a talent like Couturierfor Clowe, no way. The Homgren era has to be done in Philly before the draft. Well I guess Paul knows if he doesn't get into the playoffs he's a goner so mind as well not be a seller and go for it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

BBB

So Holmgren thinks the Flyers can play .750 hockey from a week ago on in then. I would not give up a talent like Couturierfor Clowe, no way. The Homgren era has to be done in Philly before the draft. Well I guess Paul knows if he doesn't get into the playoffs he's a goner so mind as well not be a seller and go for it.

Agree San, really surprised that they would be buyers.  Talbot just broke his leg too, team is in a death-spiral.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

@DarrenDreger: Jamie McBain's name has surfaced in trade market. Carolina sounds open to options on return. 25 year old will attract offers.#tradecentre