Report: Clowe could be dealt today, Bruins front runners

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Re: Report: Clowe could be dealt today, Bruins front runners

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

DONT WORRY ....CLOWE IS GOING TO MONTREAL 

They have 6 picks in the 1st 2 rounds at the next draft ....not a chance that we get him + scabs GM mentionned that he wanted to add a big physical presence....

Incorrect. 

http://www.draftsite.com/nhl/montreal/54/

6 picks in the first 3 rounds...sorry

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

DONT WORRY ....CLOWE IS GOING TO MONTREAL 

They have 6 picks in the 1st 2 rounds at the next draft ....not a chance that we get him + scabs GM mentionned that he wanted to add a big physical presence....

Incorrect. 

http://www.draftsite.com/nhl/montreal/54/

Thanks for that link...great

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

No Crowles he isn't joking, Mitch convienently leaves out Ryder's 2010 and 2011 offensive output on every thread.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Clowe is the type PC has been looking for on the 3rd line. Horton is not consistent enough to keep; the flyers shut down Bergie's line with close, quality, checking. seemed to make marchand choke on some passes and focus. Boychuck and Johnson together are a mistake; Claude had a good idea with Lucic/Peverly/Caron, but didn't stick with it. Seems like Claude is stuck period, and the opposition has learned how to attack and compromise the Bruins game plan, which doesn'y change. Best example is the PP.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

My calculator must be broken, as I am trying to project how many goals he'll have over the rest of the season and it keeps giving me nothing.

Older, injured player...looking to turn it around?  Somebody call BALCO.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

You're kidding, right?  Ryder is a pending UFA, and Cole has 2 more years remaining on his deal.  That's why Dallas had to give a 3rd rounder along with Ryder to get it done. 

Cole has had a bad year, both in MTL and thus far in DAL, but unfair to suggest PC was asleep at the switch on Ryder.  Wasn't like a draft pick/prospect deal, what would Cole's comparable be from the roster, Horton?   

I don't know if the B's were interested in bringing Ryder back, but in this deal, the Habs surely look like they made a great trade. 

They traded an aging player with injury concerns in the tank with a multi-year deal for an aging player with no injury concerns, no long term contract who is not in the tank.  Even if the Habs don't re-sign Ryder, the early returns say that Dallas got smoked on the deal.

And the Habs got a draft pick as well!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to 49-North's comment:

Clowe's also a UFA next season.  You'd think he'd be playing for a new contract -- zero goals says "maybe I don't deserve $4 mil next season".

Sad part is some GM will give him 4mil next season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

You're kidding, right?  Ryder is a pending UFA, and Cole has 2 more years remaining on his deal.  That's why Dallas had to give a 3rd rounder along with Ryder to get it done. 

Cole has had a bad year, both in MTL and thus far in DAL, but unfair to suggest PC was asleep at the switch on Ryder.  Wasn't like a draft pick/prospect deal, what would Cole's comparable be from the roster, Horton?   

I don't know if the B's were interested in bringing Ryder back, but in this deal, the Habs surely look like they made a great trade. 

They traded an aging player with injury concerns in the tank with a multi-year deal for an aging player with no injury concerns, no long term contract who is not in the tank.  Even if the Habs don't re-sign Ryder, the early returns say that Dallas got smoked on the deal.

13-14 games in and you are ready to declare a winner?  Clearly with Ryder playing at a point per game pace, early returns are favorable to Habs side.  I would suggest taking a slightly longer view.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

13-14 games in and you are ready to declare a winner?  Clearly with Ryder playing at a point per game pace, early returns are favorable to Habs side.  I would suggest taking a slightly longer view.

That is probably why I wrote, "Early returns..."

However, Cole is putting the same tank job on in Dallas as he did in Montreal.  I would be surprised if hindsight ends up viewing this as an even or a good for Dallas deal.

In relation to the Clowe idea, what if he shows up and continues on his current goal scoring pace, then leaves at the end of the season?  100% waste of a roster spot and of assets to acquire him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

That is probably why I wrote, "Early returns..."

However, Cole is putting the same tank job on in Dallas as he did in Montreal.  I would be surprised if hindsight ends up viewing this as an even or a good for Dallas deal.

In relation to the Clowe idea, what if he shows up and continues on his current goal scoring pace, then leaves at the end of the season?  100% waste of a roster spot and of assets to acquire him.

We'll see on Cole vs. Ryder.

Not sure what to say on your Clowe reservations?  Unless PC has a crystal ball, he'll have to trust his scouts.  Past performance does not guarentee future results, so maybe he can still contribute?  Maybe he can't? 

What if Iginla only scores a couple of goals over the final 13 games for the Pens?  Will that mean is wasn't worth the move?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Not sure what to say on your Clowe reservations?  Unless PC has a crystal ball, he'll have to trust his scouts.  Past performance does not guarentee future results, so maybe he can still contribute?  Maybe he can't? 

What if Iginla only scores a couple of goals over the final 13 games for the Pens?  Will that mean is wasn't worth the move?

I'm pretty confident that Iginla will continue playing at the same level he's been at for the past X years.

As for Clowe, I mean, seriously, what's his deal?  Have you ever seen (or even heard of) a player going from that to zilch?  Goons are on the ice enough to at least get one goal.  This is crazy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

I'm pretty confident that Iginla will continue playing at the same level he's been at for the past X years.

As for Clowe, I mean, seriously, what's his deal?  Have you ever seen (or even heard of) a player going from that to zilch?  Goons are on the ice enough to at least get one goal.  This is crazy.

I don't disagree, there are clearly some red flags.  No goals in 28 games, heck even Chris Bourque got 1.  Plus, SJ is in 6th place in the Western Conference, so why would they let him go in advance of the playoffs?

Where do you go then?  Guys like Clowe will cost picks/prospects and allow you keep the roster in tact, a pure add.  Better guys will likely cost a roster player.  The better the add, the more you will have to give up. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I say Horton with picks and prospects out could return a very acceptable package.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I say Horton with picks and prospects out could return a very acceptable package.

NTC (starting July 1, 2010)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Bingo, there is a reason FLA got rid of him when they did

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

NTC means he'll have to approve it.  It doesn't mean he can't be traded.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

By the way, he is going to the Habs in exchange for a young D man and a pick

That's my guess.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

NTC means he'll have to approve it.  It doesn't mean he can't be traded.

Yes it does. Considering it's your trade, when will you be asking him ?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

ESPN reported that the Sharks would like to get a first round pick and a young asset. Clowe has missed four games recently with a shoulder injury, something that concerned the Bruins.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Bruce Garrioch: There are five or six teams that are interested in Clowe. There are rumblings that he wants a sign and trade.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Also....Sharks scouts at last night's Habs game.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

The Bruins scouted the Sharks-Red Wings. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

By the way, he is going to the Habs in exchange for a young D man and a pick

That's my guess.

Sounds about right, Scabs have called up a couple defence prospects lately, Tinordi & Beaulieu, so if the Shark scouts like what they saw, then a deal is possible.

Sections
Shortcuts