Report: Clowe could be dealt today, Bruins front runners

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Report: Clowe could be dealt today, Bruins front runners

1. Bob McKenzieBob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie2h

I suspect all involved in Clowe situation will work today to advance process but whether it results in imminent trade remains to be seen.

Expand
    2. Bob McKenzieBob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie2h

Still isn't clear to anyone yet whether SJ will be trading Clowe as a pending UFA (rental) or a guy with his extension pre-arranged.

Expand 
    3. Bob McKenzieBob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie2h

...Clowe's agent has been heavily involved with Sharks in determining a potential landing spot. Still some work to be done.

Expand
    4. Bob McKenzieBob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie2h

As for SJ's Ryane Clowe, he has not yet been asked to waive his NTC and he has not provided any list of teams he would be traded to, but...

Expand

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I say Horton with picks and prospects out could return a very acceptable package.

I agree and it hasn't been talked about much yet. Would not be shocked at all and of course for the right return always a yes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

The Bruins scouted the Sharks-Red Wings. 

Well, scouting all around then, eh?  lol

By the way, anyone b*tching about PC picking up Clowe I have four words for you...Caron, Pandolfo, Daugavins, and Thornton. This team is not going to win anything with those scrubs in the lineup. Clowe is a legit top 9 NHLer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"...Clowe's agent has been heavily involved with Sharks in determining a potential landing spot. Still some work to be done."

So there has to be an extension then, that's fine. Nice post JM and that is why I have no problem with Clowe, big improvement.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

The extension will work in PC's favour since he will need a replacement for Horton at the end of the season anyway.

Of course, there is Clowe's NTC to navigate around too....PC has not had much luck with this so far (Morrow, Iginla).

Still think he is going to the Habs, though.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I agree and it hasn't been talked about much yet. Would not be shocked at all and of course for the right return always a yes.

I have no objections to a trade involving Horton either. Would he object to it though ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

I have no objections to a trade involving Horton either. Would he object to it though ?

and what would be the point?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

horton is in a rutt but he's still one of only 4 guys on your team that has double digit goals. I'd hold onto him because he has picked a terrible year to be a UFA, and could potentially be had real cheap.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Just imagine that.... a guy with zero goals this season has a NTC.  They must hand those clauses out like candy these days.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

101 goals in 423 NHL games is an average of 20 goals per season 49-north

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

seriously how "legit" is a guy with NO goals?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Why that guy that went to Pittsburgh, that is what a NMC is.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

101 goals in 423 NHL games is an average of 20 goals per season 49-north

Yes, but how does that get you any bargaining power?  "Hey, I'm an average player!  Give me some perks!"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

and what would be the point?

If PC wanted to acquire other players with big contracts that wouldn't fit under the cap.

Believe it or not, there are better players out there that could replace Horton in the top 6.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Iginla went from Calgary to Pittsburgh to win a cup. Would Horton improve his chances of winning a cup by waiving his NTC from the Bruins ?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I don't want Clowe if that's the only 'BIG" move that PC makes!. This team needs a shot in the arm in the worse way. And it's at least 3 moves away from being a contender now. That's a goalscorer, a 3rd liner that could play on the 2nd line if need be & a strong d-man. IF PC brings any less then this. The B's are in a heap of trouble.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

I don't want Clowe if that's the only 'BIG" move that PC makes!. This team needs a shot in the arm in the worse way. And it's at least 3 moves away from being a contender now. That's a goalscorer, a 3rd liner that could play on the 2nd line if need be & a strong d-man. IF PC brings any less then this. The B's are in a heap of trouble.

I agree, Clowe would be an upgrade on the 3rd line but more better be on the way. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I completely agree, nite.  If this is "a" move, fine.  If it's "the" move, well, I will be rooting for whomever is playing the Penguins.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Iginla went from Calgary to Pittsburgh to win a cup. Would Horton improve his chances of winning a cup by waiving his NTC from the Bruins ?

I would leave that to Horton and his agent if PC had just recieved a great offer for Nathan. Man did Horton pick the wrong time to become Glyder but then again Dallas didn't mind.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

The buyer has all the cards here, not Clowe.  I don't throw the farm at him.  Right now, he's a 3rd or 4th line guy UNTIL/UNLESS he proves otherwise.

He will add some stability, but is not the big fish the Bs need.

I could not say it any better myself and will not. ipotnyc he has the same amount of goals as I and You.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I didn't take you for a fair weather fan,surprising. Even if it's Habs vs Pens?

I completely agree, nite.  If this is "a" move, fine.  If it's "the" move, well, I will be rooting for whomever is playing the Penguins.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

To San Jose ...Nathan Beaulieu, or Weber or Diaz + a 2nd round draft pick

to Montreal ...Ryan Clowe

You can bet whatever you want on this deal 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I would reduce the list down to Beaulieu or Weber and a 2nd round pick

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Clowe looked good last night vs. Phoenix.  Guy had 3 glorious chances but got stoned on all 3.  Except for a bad penalty in OT he was one of SJ better forwards last night. In watching him play this year he could easily have the goal total that Lucic currently has Given his chances.  He would help the Bs third line, give you some good PP time, and be a banger.  To view him in the same light as Pandolfo another zero goal guy moving forward is foolish.