Report: Clowe could be dealt today, Bruins front runners

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Report: Clowe could be dealt today, Bruins front runners

In response to Drewski5's comment:

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Glencross is 30, but has a very reasonable cap hit for the next two years.  If CGY thinks that its going to take more than 2 yrs to rebuild, they may entertain the thought of trading him for picks/prospects....Agreed that it would take a large package (due to the low cap hit).

And Matthias is in his 6th season with Florida, never scoring more than 24 points in a year.  He is an FA and will want more money as he has had a better season this year.  

Who knows, but if Florida and Calgary are embracing the 'rebuild', they might be happy to move these mid-level veterans for some useful, younger pieces.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I cant hear glencross' name w/out thinking:

"..we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is Cadillac Eldorado. Anybody wanna see second prize? Second prize's a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired"

(From Glengarry Glen Ross starring Alec Baldwin)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

p. c. put that coffee down!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I'd take Glencross over Matthias just for the simple fact that Curtis has been a better goal scorer more consistently. We need goal scorers & another top 4 D. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to 86redsox's comment:

p. c. put that coffee down!

Coffee is for closers!  Nice one

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

I'd take Glencross over Matthias just for the simple fact that Curtis has been a better goal scorer more consistently. We need goal scorers & another top 4 D. 

Me too Nite. No question for me whatsoever. I'd take it a step further and say I'd take Glencross well before Clowe also. He'd cost way more in assets to acquire though so it's probably a moot point.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Me too Nite. No question for me whatsoever. I'd take it a step further and say I'd take Glencross well before Clowe also. He'd cost way more in assets to acquire though so it's probably a moot point.

I love Glencross' cap hit.  I'd MUCH prefer him to Clowe.