Report: Flyers looking to trade Bobrovsky

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Re: Report: Flyers looking to trade Bobrovsky

In Response to Re: Report: Flyers looking to trade Bobrovsky:
    In Response to Re: Report: Flyers looking to trade Bobrovsky : Why would you keep "a young guy for the future" when you just signed a guy for 9 years?
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

hes a good young goalie in their eyes (seemingly) at a friendly cap hit.. besides didnt philly just trade 2 guys who signed 11 and 14 year deals?  you really think that a 9 year deal means hes the face of the franchise is something better comes along?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Report: Flyers looking to trade Bobrovsky : Bryx is a change in philosophy though, he is an investment in goaltending at over 5 mill per season wouldnt you agree?
    Posted by rolerhoky19

In that regard you are right. I don't think the Flyers have ever invested that much money or length of contract in a goalie. Not Hextall,Vanbiesbrouck,or anyone else for that matter. Who knows Bryz might be just what they need but he's done nothing in the playoffs so far. But then again, neither had TT.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Who knows Bryz might be just what they need but he's done nothing in the playoffs so far. But then again, neither had TT.
    Posted by 50belowzero

That's what I like about you. You never get tired of being wrong.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

As far as I remember the Flyers lost the finals in 2010 in 6 games, not 7.
    I like the line "a market that really cares". IMHO the Philly market is extremely difficult; the fans and Flyers management have managed to lose patience with just about any goaltender, and trying to get rid of Bobrovsky after his first season in the NHL when he was touted as the solution to their problems in net after his first couple of games shows how incompetent Holmgren really is.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

While they definetly upgraded their goaltending, they depleted the strength of their team significantly, and totally did it the wrong way. To me that team was a good goalie away from a legit shot at the cup. I think the team was so good they didnt need to get a great goalie to put them over the top. Will bryzgalov be great? who knows,I know they gave him a great goalie contract, so with that and a depleted team the pressure on him is even that much greater.

Like i said before, I think they went about it all wrong. If your going to trade your captain and arguably your best player to L.A you need to come back with Jonathan Quick. Brayden Schenn could be a great one, but if he is it wont be for a few years. To me Quick is much better than Bryzgalov. i think philly took a huge step backward this off season for a team that was on the cusp.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

Is she the only one here to understand that we trade a value when it is at its highest? (Kaberle Tor >Bos)

Not at its lowest (Colborne, Prov. />Tor).

Trade Thomas for a good young offensive defenseman. Anytime.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Man, that's thin thinking.  If the "trade when value is high" argument is that clear to you, you must think Peter Pocklington is a god, that the Penguins should have dished Lemieux in 91, and Chicago should have dealt Toews right after the Olympics.

You don't deal just because an asset has a high value on the trade market.  You deal a player when your team is better positioned to win after the deal than before.  Sometimes, that's a case of a team having a single glaring hole that you have a plug for (Kaberle) so you can get more than the player's real value.  Sometimes it's a case of the player having a following.  But getting rid of the Conn Smythe and Vezina winner just because his value is high?  Especially for a young D (we all know how certain a product young D are - ask Phaneuf)?  Thin.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

Man, that's thin thinking.  If the "trade when value is high" argument is that clear to you, you must think Peter Pocklington is a god, that the Penguins should have dished Lemieux in 91, and Chicago should have dealt Toews right after the Olympics. You don't deal just because an asset has a high value on the trade market.  You deal a player when your team is better positioned to win after the deal than before.  Sometimes, that's a case of a team having a single glaring hole that you have a plug for (Kaberle) so you can get more than the player's real value.  Sometimes it's a case of the player having a following.  But getting rid of the Conn Smythe and Vezina winner just because his value is high?  Especially for a young D (we all know how certain a product young D are - ask Phaneuf)?  Thin.
    Posted by Bookboy007

You have completely changed the meaning of my post with these few points in bold.

1 - Lemieux had 26 in 1991. Thomas has 37. (unmatched)

2 - You compare with Phaneuf. Why not with Dustin Byfuglien?

3 - "You don't deal just because an asset has a high value".

I never said that.
    A valuable asset may have more value in the future.

I deal because I see more potential in the future with a guy like Byfuglien than Thomas. Byfuglien is just an example, it might be another or many others.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Report: Flyers looking to trade Bobrovsky : You have completely changed the meaning of my post with these few points in bold. Lemieux had 26 in 1991. Thomas has 37. You compare with Phaneuf. Why not with Dustin Byfuglien? You don't deal just because an asset has a high value. I never said that. I deal because I see more potential in the future with a guy like Byfuglien than Thomas. Byfuglien is just an example, it might be another or many others.
    Posted by BlueChip99

I'd rahter have one more year of Thomas than 10 of Byfuglien.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

In Response to Re: Report: Flyers looking to trade Bobrovsky : I'd rahter have one more year of Thomas than 10 of Byfuglien.
    Posted by kelvana33

Have you seen him play?
    One of our defensemen can do that?
    6F.5i. 
    265p.
    26Y.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkWcQQ6tmeE&feature=related

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah but Buff can't shutdown the Sedin Twins, Briere/Richards/Carter and Stamkos/St. Louis/Lecavalier. Chara and Thomas are two commodities that are proven in results. Dustin worked with freedom from coaches that would get him eaten up in a long 7 game series. Don't bring up his stats in Chicago because he played forward.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

Yah but Buff can't shutdown the Sedin Twins, Briere/Richards/Carter and Stamkos/St. Louis/Lecavalier. Chara and Thomas are two commodities that are proven in results. Dustin worked with freedom from coaches that would get him eaten up in a long 7 game series. Don't bring up his stats in Chicago because he played forward.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Sandog. If you were P.C., Thanks God You're not. lol. Why not put this honest but aging soldier (Thomas) in the showroom with his recent trophies and medals, and wait the calls from other GM trough the league. They think short term to keep their jobs. Many of them haven’t reliable goalies and want desesperately a run to the cup. Phil, Tampa, Chi, Wash, …. The list is long.

And If the rumor is true, why not try to get Stamkos in a multiple players deal ?

I'm not sure that Rask and Khudobin will wait long time.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Report: Flyers looking to trade Bobrovsky :    That's what I like about you. You never get tired of being wrong.
    Posted by biggskye

Um, until this year what was TT's playoff resume ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Report: Flyers looking to trade Bobrovsky :  They think short term to keep their jobs. Many of them haven’t reliable goalies and want desesperately a run to the cup. Phil, Tampa, Chi, Wash, …. The list is long. And If the rumor is true, why not try to get Stamkos in a multiple players deal ? I'm not sure that Rask and Khudobin will wait long time.Posted by BlueChip99

PC is thinking long term he already has under contract or the rights too Marchand, Bergeron, Rask, Spooner, Seguin, Knight, Sauve, Lucic, Hamilton and Caron to name a few. Tuukka is being groomed he's already played 2 playoff series and has a ring now reason to leave whatsoever PC will bring him along just right and cautiously.

Yzerman is not going to let Yzerman go there is no reason too. Murray and the Ducks forced Ryan to stay last summer for less so will Tampa with Stamkos if they need too. What you are not sure of I am very sure of.

Sections
Shortcuts